Hints of a game to come from BFS....

while on the subject of things like SEALS equipment, don't know the currently used medium for comm with such units, but how bout some sort of magnaphone that player must use in game at times to get updates on objectives, these could even be changed on the fly......I think Dynacomp may have had these kinda things in mind?

edit - http://www.spacewar.com/news/nanotech-05zzzzt.html

mig :ph34r:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's late here and I just finished up something very cool. So as I'm off to rest, here is a small, but not so subtle tease.............

Tease_02.JPG

:o:rofl:

-John

Cool, haven't seen that in pc gaming before, it can provide foundation for a truly "wet job" for coop and sp missions :P

f_10630i_bdf3m_50e53ee9.jpg

What are the chances of getting a rough estimate on release date? Are we talking months or a year?

Year. The way Ubi is carpet bombing the Clancy products you'll most likely see ANOTHER GR, after GRAW2, title before this one.

I hope that doesn't scare anyone off. <_<

-John

What are the chances of getting a rough estimate on release date? Are we talking months or a year?

Year. The way Ubi is carpet bombing the Clancy products you'll most likely see ANOTHER GR, after GRAW2, title before this one.

-John

As long as we don't have to wait a year for more little hints <_<

The little you have shown us looks very intriguing indeed, can't wait to see what the whole thing is about!

I'll continue to throw a few hints every few weeks or so until things get to busy. We'll see how it goes.

BlackFoot Studios was founded on the principal of making certain types of games and of a particular quality level. With any luck we will be able to maintain that vision and find publishing partners and/or private funding that agree.

I dearly miss the early days of RSE, both for it's Clancy products and the office environment that we worked in and I would love to recapture that again. I guess only time will tell if it's meant to be.

-John

-John

Take whatever time it takes. Also, I'm not worried about top notch graphics, it is more important to get the core gameplay features right

-injury model

-gun aim, recoil

-movements etc

that makes the difference between a good game and an excellent game.

-John

A year wouldn't be long to wait for a great game. Heck what else do we have to look foward to? :unsure: GRAW was poor at best and GRAW2 will be more of the same just piled higher and deeper. :( Enough is enough of these one hero wonder games where you and your squad get blown to bits but come back from the dead the very next mission. :wall: I hope your not even considering such rubbish for your game. ;)

Let's see......................S B S.................Special Boat Squadron..........?............ :hmm:

Like "underwater-frogman-guy-stuff"........?........ :o ....................awesome...................... :shifty:

Never understood why someone hadn't made a FPS about them. Lot's of action happened in and around water.

Like.............US Navy SEALS, SBS, the Royal Marines..(?)...many Spec Ops groups have them. I belive even the US Army has a group of Combat Swimmers.

This is fun. Let the speculations begin.

Besides, think about assaulting an "oil rig" in the middle of an ocean....?....... w00t

Kingkat............... :thumbsup: ................this is purely MY opinions, but its fun to wish.

Speaking of characters..........

Pretty small I know. Someday you will see bigger things. :)

-John

Actually, I never fully understand the fuss about the 'Crysis faces 'that was released some time ago, Yea, they look good, this one look good too John

But, so what? Seriously, which gamer cares about the facial expressions in a tactical shooter?

The core features are the maps, the 'atmosphere', but above all the 'gameplay' and netcode, server options (for MP players) and so forth...

I mean details like:

Injury model, hud, recoil, what movements are allowed and how does running, walking, injuries etc effect the players movements, aim etc...

I fully understand that you will not reveal details of that, well at least not yet. But, I 'll look forward to when the time comes for a screenshot of the first person view. Well, I hope it will be a FPS only (but I have understanding if it is going to be a third person view too, to reach a greater audience)

Eyelids look odd from this angle, are you sure they're right? (That got spec on it? Looks really nicely subtle, if so. Otherwise, great diffuse.)

It might be the angle. He is in a specific pose that I could have adjusted some for a better shot. He has deep eye sockets. He has spec and a sort of SSS trick that trys to simulate it without the rendering overhead. That is in game with actual shaders used.

Speaking of characters..........

Pretty small I know. Someday you will see bigger things. :)

-John

Actually, I never fully understand the fuss about the 'Crysis faces 'that was released some time ago, Yea, they look good, this one look good too John

But, so what? Seriously, which gamer cares about the facial expressions in a tactical shooter?

The core features are the maps, the 'atmosphere', but above all the 'gameplay' and netcode, server options (for MP players) and so forth...

I mean details like:

Injury model, hud, recoil, what movements are allowed and how does running, walking, injuries etc effect the players movements, aim etc...

I fully understand that you will not reveal details of that, well at least not yet. But, I 'll look forward to when the time comes for a screenshot of the first person view. Well, I hope it will be a FPS only (but I have understanding if it is going to be a third person view too, to reach a greater audience)

Absolutely. Some companies focus a lot on tech and looks, but tend to under deliver in the actual meat of the game. We were not built to try to go head to head with the graphics powerhouses. My core team comes form a very specific background and fully understands what these types of games should revolve around. It's hard to tease people this early on that stuff, so the visuals and hints in those visuals will need to suffice.

This one doesn't really do it, but you should be able to try to guess game specific things from these teasers. The last one surely revealed a tid bit or two.

BTW: SBS is not it. There are a lot of combat swimmer units. I don't think you guys are casting a wide enough net to figure it out.

Of course, no one said only 1 title is in play either. :o

I understand 2 things very well.... What sells well and the genre that I had a proud hand in starting and later perfecting.

-John

BTW: SBS is not it. There are a lot of combat swimmer units. I don't think you guys are casting a wide enough net to figure it out.

Of course, no one said only 1 title is in play either. :o

John

I maybe wrong but I believe the unit is going to be a:

Special Forces combat diver team.

GB

ratoa

3614ri.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Atoa