Hints of a game to come from BFS....

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameboy. Clearly he was lying about that 'pc first' thing; for financial reasons the only sensible answer is a Handheld game. :rofl:

Seriously, though, I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. Hopefully I'll have a computer that can run it by the time you put it out. If so, I'll preorder as soon as I can.

And, really, 09 is sounding like a good year to buy a computer anyway. :P

or maybe this......link

LOL! :rofl:

To me, this is easily the most exciting thread in the forums for some time. Thanks to John for dropping by and giving us an update on what you and BFS have been up to. Can't wait to find out more! :drool:

You're making a mod for elder scrolls IV: Oblivion! :P

But seriously, nice trees. The repeating pattern in the leaf shapes of the back ground is a little obvious, and the front one has a few instances of 'floating' leaf bits due to the alpha, but all and all it looks great. :)

You're making a mod for elder scrolls IV: Oblivion! :P

But seriously, nice trees. The repeating pattern in the leaf shapes of the back ground is a little obvious, and the front one has a few instances of 'floating' leaf bits due to the alpha, but all and all it looks great. :)

It *was* just meant to be a teaser of what this little project is about, not necessarily a "look at the pretty graphics" screenshot. But, thanks for the observations. :thumbsup:

-John

It *was* just meant to be a teaser of what this little project is about

Yeah, I understand, sorry. I tend to forget to turn off the 'Hey, art, this calls for debatable constructive criticism!' side of me (which has gotten me into trouble here before, actually...)

Already has my interest, anyway. I look forward to hearing more about BFS's project. :)

It *was* just meant to be a teaser of what this little project is about

Yeah, I understand, sorry. I tend to forget to turn off the 'Hey, art, this calls for debatable constructive criticism!' side of me (which has gotten me into trouble here before, actually...)

Already has my interest, anyway. I look forward to hearing more about BFS's project. :)

No worries. I just didn't want everyone to get up in a tizzy and start debating the merits of the "graphics" for something that isn't even announced, let alone anywhere close to release. :)

I'll need a new PC by the time this comes out to run it. Can't wait. Good luck.

Yup, I am getting the upgrade itch with hints of a new BFS game on the horizon. :shifty:

The last game I upgraded for was GR2 PC, and we all know what happened to that <_< but my upgrade ended up being worthwhile that year for BF2 etc.

There hasn't been anything I've felt compelled to upgrade for that has come out in the last year (incl. GRAW, R6V, SCDA etc) which is a good thing I guess ... as it's saved me quite a lot of money :P

Hmmmmmm.... Well, I guess I could throw in a really small obscure tease to start the new year off. :)

Tease_01.jpg

-John

I like the open feel this picture presents. ;)

Thanks for the teaser!

Now you are getting it. :thumbsup:

A good design is everything. BFS is all about executing a good design and then making things as pretty as we can. I did not start this company to go head to head with Epic or Crytek on graphics, but things will definately be up there with most.

So PC and maybe the 360 later on? That's too bad, a lot of people bought 360's instead of gaming computers. These days I'm more comfortable playing from the couch than on the keyboard at the desk. :P

It sounds otherwise very promising, I hope you'll spread the word when the 360 is on the agenda. :)