NEW OGR Map

RavenousNC

Well, it's finally done. You have heard me mention the map from hell? This is it.

All kidding aside, thanks to Grimm for the map, he designed it, I put in the enemies and coded.

You can get this on the map on this site sometime soon, or you can also /long_black_veil.zip]download it here.

Many thanks to the [GR] gang for help in testing.

Feedback welcomed.

Rav :zorro:

NOTICE:

All those who tested this map, please delete any files in your custom_levels directory named cemetary rendezvous.bundle. Otherwise you will have a conflict.

Faulting application graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module graw.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0035261c.

graw 1.35

system specs.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Processor Intel C2D E6400) x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2131 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. MQ96510J.86A.1577.2006.1115.2351, 15-11-2006

Total Physical Memory 1.024,00 MB

MSI NVidia Geforce 7600GS 512MB

nvidia driver 93.71

onboard audio: Name SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

msi dp965lt

crashed when starting second round....

i know i have been here before, i will look in the tech forum for the second round bug thingy, just thought you ought to know

but the first round we never got past the gate, besides that ... GREAT looking map , bit dark but very intense first few seconds :D

will play it again when we sorted this out

thanks for your hard work

sui317, that's a known bug. Nothing to do with the map.

I just left a game where they were playing Long Black Veil. Though I joined long after the game began, the game seemed to go on and on. I noticed AI that I didn't place in it. Then I find out that a mod was running that added AI to the game.

This is disturbing because the game it designed to trigger certain events based upon death or destruction of enemies or vehicles. In this map, the first set of road blocks are cleared once the garage is cleared (minus the top level), a sniper is killed, and the occupants of the first pan hard that arrives are killed. From what I saw the mod that was running on this server disrupted the game somehow that the road blocks would not clear.

Later in the map, when you are in a courtyard sanctuary, you can not proceed until all the AI in the courtyard is eliminated. The game took so long because of the added AI that we I never stuck around to see what were up. I could only imagine that the area wasn’t cleared due to the mod.

This may be an isolated incident, but the reason I am disturbed is because the map was not being allowed to operate as it should. It already had over 200 AI placed in very hard to find areas, and is a very tough map to play without the mod. If the mod only doubled the AI then we not only have over 400 AI to deal with, but the possibility that the map would not finish correctly because triggers are not being fired.

One player in this map even commented on the fact that they were too many snipers. Like I said, it’s hard enough without the added AI. There is no need to add more to the extent that the map is not as enjoyable.

Run mods like this at your own risk, but keep in mind that this is a RavenousNC map. I make my maps mean to the point that added AI is overkill. In the end, all I want is for you to enjoy the map, and I’m afraid that with some triggers not working as they should, you will not get to experience the added extras of F15 fly-bys and bombing runs that not only look good, but remove obstacles that otherwise force you to take a long way around, or even stop you from finishing the map.

Rav :zorro:

Hello , well i have give a try to your new map and i like it !! goodjob , but i have to agree there is too much sniper on it ! i have test it with =ogn= weapons mod without prob , but not finish it , i will post some comment later if i find some bugs !! cheers and thx again for this new awesome map :thumbsup:

Awesome job, Rav.....your time and effort have paid-off.

I'm very happy you stuck with it. This map is well thought out, with plenty of fireworks, defensive and attack style gameplay.

I do agree that snipers maybe a little heavy (trying not to sound wimpy here). IMO, too many times they seem to affect positioning during intense firefights. Dealing with snipers during every great firefight impedes game flow. A good example is in the 2nd floor of the garage. This zone has a nice indoor feel with little cover and a lot of baddies. The snipe outside the garage was a little much. Storming the garage was brought to a slow crawl when men got pinned down from what seemed like a rogue snipe. Unrealistically, almost every six tangos has at least one sniper watching their position.

This is just my opinion.

Love it, though....must change my skivies now....

I haven't d/l or tested map, but from the sound of ppl's opinion, this is where that UAV would come in handy with the snipers, or more emphasis on teamplay.

thanks for extending this game RavenousNC :thumbsup:

how do you install this bundle file...never done this type of mod for GRAW?

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

I played this a bit today and by god it`s hard !!!

Nice one dude it`s great..i still havn`t managed to beat it but i`ll keep trying..the snipers are the bogs and i like having to find them..

Maybe you should have two versions..one for the whimps who can`t manage the snipers and one for people who want a real challenge ?? :rofl:0:)

I played this a bit today and by god it`s hard !!!

Nice one dude it`s great..i still havn`t managed to beat it but i`ll keep trying..the snipers are the bogs and i like having to find them..

Maybe you should have two versions..one for the whimps who can`t manage the snipers and one for people who want a real challenge ?? :rofl:0:)

Yes have to agree after spending 3-4 hours on it, I would like to try the whimp one.

The 4 tonner at the end of the street/tunnel street the guy in the panard can shoot through it at you but obviously you can see him.??

played this earlier today got half way thro it

where we came to the vehicles blocking the entrance to a lane

to the last section

we couldnt blow these up with nothing ?

we ran thro the map checking if we left any thing but as far as we could tell we destroyed every thing

any idea,s

He called us the [GR] Gang, hehehe

We helped test this map and it's a killer. The MOD He is refering to is the INSANE AI MOD that is inculded (as a seperate file) in our MOD. and I have to agree that this is not the right map for that MOD (Hanger 19 on the other hand definatly is.)

Good map suck walls, and watch all sides, play as a team and you'll do just fine. Thanks again Rav for another fine map.