MP Gameplay

Agreed, I've had a couple of nights lately wrecked by the multiple hit bug.

From cover, an opponent is running directly for me still about 70 feet away. I pop him once in the chest(red blob) then he starts to do 8 foot circles cause he knows hes getting shot. Score another red blob hit on his third lap of 8 foot circles but now he finally sees where I am. Stops and scores a head shot on his first attempt. (im peeking, thats all he has.)

Very frustrating, and that player went on to kill two more of my teamates before dying.

Same night, a sniper is picking off my team mates coming out of my spawn. I can just see his left leg and left forearm. Score one then two hits on his leg(i'm only 30 feet away) During these hits, he kills two more of my spawning team mates, then moves back two feet so I can't see his leg no more. By the time I circle around the fence and finnish him, he's spawnraped one more team mate.

I'm sorry, this just aint right. This multiple hit system is just rewarding run and gun style players, and dumb players that don't use cover properly.

Translation, two kills lost for me, bad play rewarded with five kills for them.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE SHOT ONE KILL ? needs fixin'

I understand that our 'ghosts' have the best armour, aka Dragon Skin. But I have seen a great deal of players take full blasts from the SAW and their progress is not even slowed! RVS did this well for those who remember; you got hit, you knew it, and so did the other guy...

If you're gonna keep the kill zones as they are, and require at least 5 rounds to take someone down, then please, at least introduce some type of graphics that slows/alters the player's progess when they are hit.

Even if, for argument's sake, the armor was good enough to stop the rounds it does presently, the person taking the hits would not be able to continue in their direction unaltered.

Please fix.

Gotta say, really looking forward to the release, the RvA is a blast and it's done well. The sound is great, the recoil is spot on, just fix the hits and it's f'n great! (oh and more eye relief on the MP-5, to allow for better target view, as in RL)

[Merged with existing thread where there is already a discussion on this]

Edited by Pave Low

MoH:AA got it right back in the day - 15 shots point-blank range one kill.

Brings back memories, fun times indeed.

I love the progression to where GRAW2 is at now.

I know that when I have 5 bullets left that I don't need to reload. :D

Edited by reLapse

I dont understand why damage system is not based on [GR] ? You had two options whene somebody shoots you.

1. First option ( 80% probability) is that you were instantly killed :)

2. Second option ( if you were lucky) - video & audio effects of beeing hit made you jump and slip your hand of the keyboard :) and your movement and aim were seriously altered for ~2 seconds after beeing hit. If you were lucky again and survive this moment your combat effectivenes was seriously decreased for the whole round depanding on location of your wound .

It would be realy great if GRIN could implement [GR] damage system in GRAW2.

@ Peace and WhiteKnight

I know precisely the video you mean. When you get hit in the front by a round like that, it will ring your bell. You'd need a little bit of time to figure out which way is up and where the hell it's coming from. At least in [GR] if you hit someone first, it would cause them to lose their aim.

I think the hitbox/damage sytem and weapon recoil is GREAT, best shooting in a tactical game yet...I definately have certain weapons where I go for the easy headshot (RifleKit2 with the GK36), and kits where I go for the heavy center mass shots (rifle kit 7 M14 and Support Kit 2 HK21..er mg216 whatever name they gave it), and kits where I go for rate of fire and manuverability (my true love since [GR] the mp5!!!) Using the right equipment for their movement and tactics a good player can find a host of weapons in this game to drop a guy before he can return fire...remember in a tactical game your goal is to shoot em in the back ambush style...fair fights are for CS noobs :). TBH, I dont get mad at M99 guys since at range thats their job and in a close up ambush any decent player woulda dropped me with any gun. But I am annoyed when I am putting semi-accurate fire on an approaching m99 guy or just good shooter (who I cant hit maybe cuz of the side side strafe run), and despite hitting him he is able to rip off a quick headshot or devastating m99 .50 round.

It is nice to have a chance to survive a hit to the chest or a few hits to the extrmedies, as you do in AA.

I wouldn't mind weapon "breathing/fatigue" drift like like in AA....would help with the run,stop,snipe moves

Also I am not the biggest fan of the strafe sprint back from GRAW1..where you can strafe in a sprint to the side just as fast as you can run foward....allows you to do the circle or side run and scan for enemies between cover and be a hard target...kinda the GRAW version of the bunny hop.

all in all these two things do add a slitghtly faster pace to the game, without much tactical sacrifice so I dont entirely hate them, so whatev the devs decide is cool by me...I freely use the abilities without complaint so i cant protest when they are used on me.

I do think hit effects which were added in GRAW1 would help with those who run into a fight while getting shot and are able to rip off a headshot.

TDM is fun, but a slightly outmoded form of gameplay. i enjoy it to play with the weapons and enjoy some kills but I need an objective, and that objective ev time I spwan is to get to a chokepoint outside the enemy spawn. This is no different in the limited death games...tbh DM lacks an objective to focus the shooting, other than the spawns so you cant really blame players...in unlimited death games I enjoy trying to break a spawn camp as a tactical challenge, or trying to inflict one...its the only objective I can picture...otherwise its random shooting and ambushes with no focus...which can be lame, ESP in a 1 death game where everyone sometimes refuses to move...

AA's claim to fame imo is its excellent objective based system, and RvA seems to be going in the right direction....and as advacie to other players, 16 players seems to be the optimal number on this map for RvA...20 is cool too but 32 is too crowded. I think that getting the right number of people in a RvA game is paramount to achievign good gameplay...and on another note..Recon turns need to be played with AGRESSION...killing the assault team is worthless without progressing on taking an objective...the score is all about the objectives...you want pure lone ranger KDR ratio...then TDM is your game.

I am very excited to see the new maps, and RvA scenarios. I hope the community grows and is not divided as the small graw community was by mods and such.

....and as advacie to other players, 16 players seems to be the optimal number on this map for RvA...20 is cool too but 32 is too crowded. I think that getting the right number of people in a RvA game is paramount to achievign good gameplay...and on another note..Recon turns need to be played with AGRESSION...killing the assault team is worthless without progressing on taking an objective...the score is all about the objectives...you want pure lone ranger KDR ratio...then TDM is your game.
:notworthy:

I rant about that all to often as a addicted RvA player.

I will gladly sneak past an enemy and take the ADAT out without killing them so i dont blow my cover and ONLY kill the enemy if i have to or after i have blown the ADAT up.

Also, if your going in killing them, make the most of it as its been said, Take the ADAT out, dont sit there and wait for more... unless you are waiting for 5 seconds to see if any more enemies expose themselves.

Remember that the player who you just killed could be back on your six in 10 seconds if he gets a lucky spawn!!! So BLOW it and watch your back.

I am truely loving this game. The Map is great for a demo.

Altho, i do have to disagree with whoever said baout the best numbers for a RvA Match... I personally LOVE playing on small RvA servers with it being 2v2 upto 5v5. Any more then that and it can get spammy and loss of tactics.

I think 6v6 will be where Ladders / Clan matches will be played or possibly 8v8. Atleast, thats where i HOPE it will be. Seems to be the best numbers IMO given the demo map, ways to move around the map and objectives and tactics i am employing.

I would rather have a it 2v6 if my team mate is on Voice Comms (TS2 / Vent) against a squad of 6 randoms... makes for some truely FUN rounds.

Anyways, enough babbling.

RnegadeVyp3r, Out.

Edited by RnegadeVyp3r

Im with you on that one Tripple as well. I hate being on a recon team, where the last few guys think that killing more of the enemy is the objective of the game... It's sad sometimes to see that.

But Ducky, you're such a good player and a great sniper that taking you down is well worth the wait, to see it or do it!!!

Semper Fi,

Romulus