Feedback, Input, Suggestion thread

sleeper

I'd just like to make a suggestion or two about these awards. First off, it's nice to see that you guys have put a banner up to let people know what's going on. Many of us always seemed to miss the nominations and voting altogether. :thumbsup: This helps.

First issue- I swear I just saw a banner up for 2005 awards last week. I have no clue what that's about or this 2006 one now.

Secondly, related to the 1st issue- Who in the hell can remember what came out and when?

My suggestions:

- Keep a topic for nominations open all year and moderated for nominations only.

- Always present a list of what mods/modders are eligible and what makes a mod eligible.

Personally, I don't think that releasing a small patch for a mod made in years prior qualifies as a new mod for that year. I also don't agree that modders who created a mod in a prior year and nothing since should be eligible for personal modding awards.

I know it's all in fun but what's the point if it's clearly unfair.

I forgot to start a feedback, suggestion, gripe thread as I've done in years past. Since this forum is a locked from starting new threads, I usually have a place for non nomination type posts.

I'd just like to make a suggestion or two about these awards. First off, it's nice to see that you guys have put a banner up to let people know what's going on. Many of us always seemed to miss the nominations and voting altogether. :thumbsup: This helps.

Exactly why the banner is put up. :thumbsup:

First issue- I swear I just saw a banner up for 2005 awards last week. I have no clue what that's about or this 2006 one now.

Yeah, we got delayed in doing the voting for the 2005 awards. The voting is now complete and winners will be announced soon. Now we are getting back on track for 2006. :yes:

Secondly, related to the 1st issue- Who in the hell can remember what came out and when?

My suggestions:

- Keep a topic for nominations open all year and moderated for nominations only.

- Always present a list of what mods/modders are eligible and what makes a mod eligible.

In the modding nomination threads there is a list of what mods are eligible and includes many of the modders involved in each project.

Personally, I don't think that releasing a small patch for a mod made in years prior qualifies as a new mod for that year. I also don't agree that modders who created a mod in a prior year and nothing since should be eligible for personal modding awards.

A patch shouldn't be included and neither should be modders who haven't worked worked on anything recently.... except for the longevity award and the most helpful as some modders still help, but not produce content.

Once nominations are received, then the process of verifying the nominees takes place. Errors are sometimes made, but we do our best to be fair and only include those that qualify during the year specified. Any help from the community regarding this is always welcomed! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You don't read your PMs very closely, do you? :hmm:

As you know, the General and Humourous polls are complete. I need to do the modding polls, but have been busy the past week. However, I plan to work on them tonight, but it will still be a few days until they go live. Don't worry, you will be able to vote for Pesto soon enough (who isn't even a member :wall: ). :rolleyes:

:P What fun would life be without ME here to bust yer chops?!

And yeah, VOTE FOR PESTO FOR SEXIEST MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And where are my Pesto recovery pics, GRIN_Willie?!?!?!)

Actually, it's true: you do liven things up w/your zanny sense of humour! Glad you're safe m8... try not to harass ZJJ too badly... ;)

:P What fun would life be without ME here to bust yer chops?!

And yeah, VOTE FOR PESTO FOR SEXIEST MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And where are my Pesto recovery pics, GRIN_Willie?!?!?!)

Actually, it's true: you do liven things up w/your zanny sense of humour! Glad you're safe m8... try not to harass ZJJ too badly... ;)

If he does he won't get his Thin Mints. :devil:

I WILL dime you out to the den mothers' mafia...

There are starving Joe's in Afghanistan, and you'd deny one some cookies (GS Thin Mints, for crying out loud!) over a little electronic harassment? Ouch.

Besides, we're about to make HISTORY here! The first non-human forum awardee, if I'm not mistaken, in the history of GhostRecon.net! How can I NOT be excited?!?!?!?!

I've done my voting for the 06 awards and while going through the modding section some things jumped out at me...

1 - Over the years and I think last year there have been a number of new game types added to the game, yet I see no award for such in the 06 polls, has there ever been? Seems to me that the guys who have given us these new GTFs should be singled out for their contributions and enhancements to the game....

2 - I'm a little unsure of having Total Conversion or campaign based mods be eligible for categories like Best Vehicle Mod or Best Skin Mod even though they have new this or new that. T.C./Expansion Pack type mods have their own award categories....I don't have any problem with a single element from one of these mods being awarded Best (whatever the single thing is) awards, I just think it may be unfair to the creators of say a skin only mod to go up against a Total Conversion which is pretty much by default a better known mod...I state this having voted for some of those more encompassing mods for the more restrictive categories myself,....just my thoughts

mig :ph34r:

Mig,

I see your comments and they have a valid point

1) Definitely understandable however no one of us thought about this, if only someone hinted that at the time of poll nominations we could have done something :(

2) After years of GR forum awards I believe the community is mature enough to understand that every poll as not to be be influenced by other factors. I can see that for some of them is working ok "See Armenia SCAREd that due to the good number of high quality vehicles is in good position"against a total conversion like Centcom" while maybe this is not so evident for other categories.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that some votes (expecially those related to the person, rather than the creation/mod) are seriously affected by friendship/team.

• 1 month later...

just want to bump/suggest/vote for Brettzies serious commitment on his GRAW weapons contribution.

Not only he takes the time to produce a quality weps mod, but that extra step of producing a presentation shows

his commitment to his mod, his skill, and his commitment to the community.

By him producing such a quality mod, he is extending a game that would have been uninstalled a long time ago.

So please consider him for a nomination on newest modderand best wep mod for GRAW :thumbsup: