Ghost Recon.net Forums

Game crashes - won't launch

Windows xp pro

ati radeon x800xl

amd 3500+

creative x-fi extreme music

2gb ram

750gb hd space

I've checked all of my drivers and they are all up to date.

When I try to launch GRAW it shows the small splash screen then the screen goes black as if it was launching fine and then it crashes with the error message:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\textures\atlas_interface\menu\diffuse\tdb_texture_set.xml (1): Expected <

and I've tried uninstalling reinstalling multiple times and when I try to launch after a fresh install of the game with out updating it says:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.02

data\textures\atlas_characters\ghost_team\bump\bump_set0\tdb_atlas_set.xml (1): Expected <

It used to work when the game first came out and then after a few days it suddenly stopped working and I've reformatted since then but never reinstalled the game until this week. Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by jmfx

When you ran into this problem the first time were you running the box (1.02) version or with a patch/map pack?

Have you tried pulling your graw_profile_* out of the Settings/profiles folder to see if it might be a conflict/error with a savegame.dsl?

Did you ever install a mod for the game; and if so, where was it placed?

I've never seen any posts reporting similar error logs as yours...if you haven't already it might help to submit your problem to Ubi and let them take a whack at it...

http://www.ubi.com/us/support/default.aspx

Good luck!

They haven't replied yet ( understandable since they probably have a few days off for christmas ) but i borrowed my friends dvd and reinstalled it and it worked so I must of had a bad dvd. I don't remember if I used my friends disk when I first installed but I'm just glad to be playing the game again. Thanks for your help.

I just got GRAW today.

I installed it off the DVD and it ran. It was 50/50 on wether it would start or just go back to the desktop with no messege.

I played it a few times but now i tried to start it about five times and it won't start. I restarted my comp a few times but no good.

I have the 1.35 patch on and a couple of maps and a mod by shaddow for clean hud and blood etc.

I don't get any error messeges it just won't start.

er. i go it off Ebay for 5 pounds. It's a new, retail copy but it's from the Chinese market. A guy in Hong Kong sels them. It had the CD key and everyting. For some reason it's got an isdn number like books do.

Any ideas of why it won't start?

Thank's mate.

er, there are some mods that just install a map and others that change stuff so i think they intergrate with the main program.

The mods i have installed are . . GRAW community Mod Pack v15.exe (that is the one that changes hud and tracers etc.

CastleDay GRAW_3MapPack.exe

grim_dedustv2_ogr_patch.exe

How do i uninstall them

Also, i got on once but couldn't join any TDM net games as it said i dont have the same version. Does this mean my mods wont let me join or they have mods i dont have? If a server has a mod i dont have where can i see what mod it has?

How do i uninstall them

Also, i got on once but couldn't join any TDM net games as it said i dont have the same version. Does this mean my mods wont let me join or they have mods i dont have? If a server has a mod i dont have where can i see what mod it has?

Unless the mod came as an *.exe you don't have to uninstall it, just remove the contents of the local/english folder. Mods don't overwrite the game files, they just supercede them. To remove a 3rd party map just pull the *.bundle and any related .txt files from the custom_levels folder.

To play online all you have to do is remove the /english folder out of the local directory prior to logging into Gamespy so you don't run into any A/C problems, then return it afterward. To check if a server is running any mods and what their map selection is you can try clicking on the "server info" button in the lower right to check their MOTD. Hardly any servers use this feature however.

Thank's Quarter, that worked a treat. It's not too much trouble to drop them back in when i wanna do some SP or Co op with my mate with the same set up.

Sweet.

Er, any suggestions on how to find online games that arn't tracer, nade, diamond fests? Or at least, low/limited respawn TDM servers so people value their lives and move accordingly.