Graphics

Why not dump them here instead of having them scattered throughout the threads of this section. I'll start...

1. Environmentals- wind, rain, heat shimmer.

2. More dynamic elements- some bldgs for players to blow up, walls to knock down, doors to cave in.
    Lots of VWs in Mexico, would be nice to see a few next to all these Fugits.

3. More explosion animations- tanks don't generally fall apart like they currently do ingame from main gun rounds, and they tend to burn longer and produce lots of smoke. A random "cookoff" animation would be nice.

Using DX10 will make for many more visual capabilities, as we can see in some of the Crysis videos.

Draw distance for snipers I would imagine be a thing of the past.

As far as I have read the Diesel engine used is way past 6 and is DX10 capable and has been for a while.

Edited by arrowsmile

i would like those VW beatles....

and maybe a renault twingo...(funny looking cars)

some rain , or snow in el paso ???

wind ? is that an option tumble weed was once mentioned in the graw forum

doors :P and destructable doors

changing weather... from sun to rain and back ??

draw distance according with weather ?

some funny things ? a playground object with a grinning animal like shape ? a moose comes to mind...

-Ability to use AA (drop the deferred lighting)

-Things should be visible from ALL distances (hate seeing shadows and garbage pop up 15m or so away)

-Inclusion of real time rain, snow, and lightning effects (have it randomly drop snow every now and then)

-Longer draw distance

-Foot prints in mud/snow (not sure if this is already in but there isn't much mud and absolutely no snow to check)

-More scalable options for those less fortunate people who can barely run the game

-More use of the C4 to see more explosions (fire, fire!)

-Less system intensive (if it looks slightly worse than GRAW but has all of the above, I'd be VERY happy)

I'm sure theres more, but that's just off the top of my head.

-Ability to use AA (drop the deferred lighting)

I think that it is not possible. Not deferred rendering = not rendering, not shaders non HDR. With deferred rendering I think that supersampling in DX9 is possible and supersampling and multisampling in Dx 10

Graphics was never the problem with GRAW, there was a great deal of improvement over the "glich" GR problems :thumbsup: , but if I was to pick a few things to improve for MP that would be:

-unlimited drawdistance for enemies (if clear map), otherwise sync drawdistance with the rest of the items on map (weather and lighting depending)

-weather effects + day/night options, variable for each map

-more scalable options to improve frames for those who wish to do so

-openable/destructable doors

-less cans on the streets that draw resources, but contribute little to gameplay

-better syncing of hit detection and animations (less of "being shot by the guy running with the gun down")

can we get a LIMP ??

or a lame arm when we get shot ??

[GR] and RvS did a good job at being shot ... atleast for the wound model

i think we deserve a limp we begged for it to return in IT so please

bring it BACK in GRAW2

let the animators figure it out but i and probably many others want a limp when we get shot.....

How about a dynamic day/night cycle, REAL depth of field effects (the more an object is away the less clearer you see it because it's very blurry and when you zoom into ironsight, everything around the ironsight is blurry because you concentrate your eyes on the ironsight), higher resolution textures, characters with face expressions but most of all different looking highly detailed characters, realtime video crosscom (like in the 360 version), tactical handsignals, optional third-person view, ROE and armpatches (R6 style) support? 0:)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

• 5 weeks later...

How about a dynamic day/night cycle, REAL depth of field effects (the more an object is away the less clearer you see it because it's very blurry and when you zoom into ironsight, everything around the ironsight is blurry because you concentrate your eyes on the ironsight), higher resolution textures, characters with face expressions but most of all different looking highly detailed characters, realtime video crosscom (like in the 360 version), tactical handsignals, optional third-person view, ROE and armpatches (R6 style) support? 0:)

nevermind...

Edited by Tortfeaser

The story so far.

The coup has failed, the situation is restored, the Ghosts are sent home, but there were some dead-enders left, still looking for a fight and now they're making a run for the border, with a couple of nukes!

The questions begin.

Are the Nicarguans still involved in supporting the banditos and will they provide MBT/APC, etc.? It would really be stretching credibility to assume that the donated M1A1s would be allowed to be turned against the U.S., again.

Is it possible we might see some vintage Warsaw Pact equipment turning up in El Paso? (A BMP in the Taco Bell drivethru, a T-72 in the DNC parking lot are good visuals).

It's been floated that there are birds and cats making an appearance in :AW2...how 'bout civilians?

Are my range-finding binoculars completed yet?

So many questions.

motion blur , motion blur , motion blur , motion blur , like in crisis

makes it more realistic

No it's not. YOU have the eyes not the game. If you focus on one part of the screen you won't notice the other stuff that's around you.

It's the same thing about scopes and blur. If you use the scope it shouldn't be any blur around it cuz you have the eyes not the game so you won't notice what's around you anyway, but you can always look away from the crosshair and look around it as in real life ;)

Edited by Hockeystick

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's probably too late in the game to do anything about it but it would be nice if a Nar-Com on/off switch could be cobbled into the interface. Nothing more annoying than being in a firefight and getting a video feed blocking your vision or at the very least distracting you, even after you know the what/where that triggers them.