After it's released, when will you be buying GRAW2?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wont buy untill demo . if you cant ladder match like the old gr . il pass the fun was matching with the new graw alot of clan members had to upgrade alot just moved on could not be bothered . so i would like to see it so if they upgrade there pc they can come back to what alot like the matching. witch is dead now. graw is a good game but went away from its roots witch made them a ton of money. and yes my gramer ant great . thats what happens when u get older. im hopeing they make and remake of the old gr . add some maps there is abit they could have done to make it better an still make a big buck .. and thats all i got to say about that

It will depend on the demo/PCGamer/game sites reviews. I just hope they really listen to the Old Ghost Recon fans and give us a real "Sequel". Also me buying the game right away will depend on system requirements. My system is not D10 ready. I had to pass on R3 Vegas, because I don't have the $$ to update my graphic card. If reviews/Demo are great(good don't cut it after dropping the ball the way they did) I will upgrade the video card. If they come out with a half bake game, not a real sequel with all the atributes that made GR great, the same way they did with GRAW, it will be the final nail in the coffin for GR?GRAW.

I'll wait for a review from Gamespot/UK PCG/US PCG or PC Zone. These are unbiased and, in the case of most major releases, within a few points of one another. If one of these sources says it's good enough for my money (and other details from the review/synopsis are attracive to me) then I'm on board. But I don't buy anything that hasn't been reviewed.

It will depend on the demo/PCGamer/game sites reviews. I just hope they really listen to the Old Ghost Recon fans and give us a real "Sequel". Also me buying the game right away will depend on system requirements. My system is not D10 ready. I had to pass on R3 Vegas, because I don't have the $$ to update my graphic card. If reviews/Demo are great(good don't cut it after dropping the ball the way they did) I will upgrade the video card. If they come out with a half bake game, not a real sequel with all the atributes that made GR great, the same way they did with GRAW, it will be the final nail in the coffin for GR?GRAW.

They aren't going to listen to the old GR fans.. Had they ever listened, we would have never gotten GRAW in its given form. One GRIN rep already posted in a different thread that GRAW2 will not be a version of GR. GRIN thinks they will make the same sales as they did on GRAW so they aren't going to take the time to go back to [GR] and find out what made it great. GR is dead. In three years I doubt anyone will be playing the GRAW series,... but it won't matter. GRIN will get there money and move on. The only thing [GR] fans can hope for is that a different company makes a game that is similar to ghost recon in the future.

They aren't going to listen to the old GR fans.. Had they ever listened, we would have never gotten GRAW in its given form. One GRIN rep already posted in a different thread that GRAW2 will not be a version of GR. GRIN thinks they will make the same sales as they did on GRAW so they aren't going to take the time to go back to [GR] and find out what made it great. GR is dead. In three years I doubt anyone will be playing the GRAW series,... but it won't matter. GRIN will get there money and move on. The only thing [GR] fans can hope for is that a different company makes a game that is similar to ghost recon in the future.

Well. That's not what I said. I said that it wont be a OGR2, but GRAW2. That means it will be based on GRAW, if it then moves towards or from [GR] I haven't said anything about. And if you think we don't listen or care about you, then I suggest you read the GRAW forums again. If you do, you can make a short guess in what direction we are trying to move :whistle:. You might also notice that you are quite a divided crowd, the improvements you would want for a OGR2 (as well as GRAW2) is very different from person to person, so making GRAW2 isn't really that straightforward.

With that said, we still do all that we can to please you all, even if it seems to be utterly impossible.

I'm with Bumbi, maybe you should read the forums again and again and again. GRIN is one of the very FEW developers who I have come accross that still personally interact with the players (don't hire some "community manager" like UBI). I thought GRIN did probably everything they could as far as adding and changing GRAW to our liking because of this forum.

They aren't going to listen to the old GR fans..

GRIN did listen to some community input, especially for the patches to GRAW, although there naturally were limitations to how many fixes (and their extent) they could implement.

You might also notice that you are quite a divided crowd, the improvements you would want for a OGR2 (as well as GRAW2) is very different from person to person, so making GRAW2 isn't really that straightforward.

With that said, we still do all that we can to please you all, even if it seems to be utterly impossible.

Of course the input from a public forum is going to be diverse. You'll have to evaluate and sort out what can be regarded as valid, precise and constructive mainstream critique, and what is mostly gibberish.

In three years I doubt anyone will be playing the GRAW series,... but it won't matter. GRIN will get there money and move on. The only thing [GR] fans can hope for is that a different company makes a game that is similar to ghost recon in the future.

Could very well be so, still AW has its charm and potentials and AW could stand on its own (I'm speaking mainly of MP) and maybe AW 2 could be a suitable replacement game for many [GR] clans?

What road GRIN has chosen, I'd guess, is totally depending on timeframe, cost, directives from UBI, and GRIN's and UBI's overall goal with AW 2.

I'm looking forward to any further PC game info, demo, trailer, further in game screenshots etc within the next couple of month :)

Bumbi,

Nice post except for the despiar part at the end. Don't despair.

See my thank you letter from other forum.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41657

I will buy day one. I will pre-order. GRAW1 was a near classic. And still has legs in both SP and MP on my HD.

Keep on keepin on GRiN. You guys have great art and great vision. A little more follow through on features and details of them, and your on yourway to a true classic.

Sleepdoc

PS. GRiNs suumer patch fest taught me to trust them. They promised a summer of patches, new content and new game modes and they delivered. Perfect? no. EXcellent? yes. They said what they were going to do and they did it. They earned my trust last summer. I'm still playing today. I'll be buying ASAP.

Edited by Sleepdoc

GRIN Bumbi,

If you read the post I have in the GRAW forum, you would see (along with many others, the open letter to Grin) that thank the gods for a company like GRIN. As I said, I have been absent because I was busy playing R6 Vegas ( fun, for the SP), but I have read their forum and even expierenced some of the problems that many of their members have written about. The only answers the community for R6 Vegas gets are from a poor woman nicknamed "Woosy". She has been through hades and back, trying to impart to Ubi-Montreal what the community there wants and not really getting any feedback. In this community, thanks to Grin, WE DO get feed back and action from the developers. So, even if a few of us are still "doubters"; I am totally with "you". :grin1::g_withgrin:

I must say that the guess (as well as the whole post) from Peace is the most correct understanding of what will happen to GRAW2 that I've read here so I just had to comment:

What road GRIN has chosen, I'd guess, is totally depending on timeframe, cost, directives from UBI, and GRIN's and UBI's overall goal with AW 2

I must also say that I was not aiming to discredit Maltgoblin, but more to confirm that we do read your discussions and to encourage you all to keep posting. We still take those bits of constructive critisim much seriously, and do our best to in one form or another give you all as much as possible of what you want in the game.

That is not done in any state of despair - rather done in hope that you will appreciate all that is put in there; but then there of course are some limitations to what we can do, and the factors that decides them are again all in that quote. But if everyone can keep this in mind when judging GRAW2, I think it will recieve a good and fair jugdement in the end.

And again - Thanks for all the input and support. :thumbsup:

I think if GRAW2 becomes exactly what the PR folks say it will be, then we are in for a big suprise.

I just hope we won't be disappointed. I have to give Grin credit up to now. I know I've been somewhat of an donkey with them because of the GRAW situation. I guess I should be more forgiving.

I am not sure about the vehicle for rehealing idea. I'd like to ask Grin if they can make all items toggleable. i guess they call it a mule? whatever it is, it's the vehicle the players can hide behind and reload with etc. toggle it off/on

as they did with kit restrictions in GRAW. I hope with the development of the game engine like they say they have will drop the lag issue in game.

Grin, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Added: one question if Bumbi or someone else can answer this(of Grin), if UBIsoft is overseeing the game all together, why don't they add the UBI.com gaming system instead of Gamespy? i have alot more respect for ubi.com gaming system then Gamespy ANYDAY!

Edited by Papa6

^Flagstaff2

Don't you think that you are setting yourself up for a tortured, frustratingly long wait. When have these forums ever agreed on anything?

I actually agree with him, since I'm doing the wait and see approach to ArmA right now. So far I haven't heard too much good (though I'm sure it's worth it in some ways) about it, as far as playability, so I'm holding back. In a sense I'm going to do the same for GRAW 2, sorta lurk until I get a feel for it through the forums.

With apologies to OP

When have these forums ever agreed on anything?

Always! Dang, I just proved your point!

But imagine how boring they would be if they did.

In a sense I'm going to do the same for GRAW 2, sorta lurk until I get a feel for it through the forums.

Well it's good to see that you are still around and back on the boards, I was starting to wonder what was up.

Not unless it becomes OGR2. Myself and my friends are highly disappointed in this game. Highly.

GRiN, I know you're hearing conflicting information. Some people want their OGR2, some want their GRAW2.

Here's the real deal.

If you make OGR2, I can GUARANTEE you that you will find a larger fanbase than there ever has been for GRAW.

Remember that cash cow [GR] was? You can bring all those people back to your product if you just give them what they want. There are more people in this world that want OGR2 than want GRAW2. It's as simple as that.

I won't be buying it unless the demo shows me it's OGR2. Buying GRAW was the biggest videogame purchasing mistake I've ever made.