Whooaaaaa

GRAW 2??? Hang on a bit, I dont want GRAW2 yet, I want GRAW1 working the way it should be, the way that GRIN can get it working, I dont want to feel like I've bought the testbed for GRAW2, I want to feel like I've bought a product that is going to have an expansion pack cos its that good. I dont feel like that at the moment, I dont want GRAW to feel like another film in the collection by Ed Wood, "This movie is rubbish but wait till you see my next one!", especially after the way Lockdown was handled in a "ok lockdown is a bit pants but wait till you see Vegas" kind of way. I know its all being bundled along for release by UBI but for me its too soon, I dont want it yet, lets have it in a couple of years after the patching has got GRAW to the point where we all agree that its spot on and we've bought a few expansion packs and GRAW2 can then be another leap forward rather than just a bit of a shuffle to the left.

I want to feel like I've bought a product that is going to have an expansion pack cos its that good.

I'll go out on a (short) limb and suggest that GR:AW2 is an expansion of the current game, previous game nomenclature notwithstanding. All the tea leaves point that way.

after the patching has got GRAW to the point where we all agree that its spot on

Hum...just how long do you think this will take?

Well [GR] took till 1.4 to be just right and the way that everybody loved it, and I just dont agree that this is an expansion, its a standalone product the same way that BF2 isnt an expansion for BF1942, it just bugs me that we had GR and two expansions for it plus all the great mods that came along and now we have GRAW and rather than laying out all the stuff that could be done with it we get GRAW2 instead which seems to me like theyre saying GRAW wasnt what we wanted \\sweeps it under the mat\\ "GET GRAW2, IT'LL BE ACE!!!!!!" and that leaves me with a cold empty feeling.

Well [GR] took till 1.4 to be just right and the way that everybody loved it, and I just dont agree that this is an expansion, its a standalone product the same way that BF2 isnt an expansion for BF1942, it just bugs me that we had GR and two expansions for it plus all the great mods that came along and now we have GRAW and rather than laying out all the stuff that could be done with it we get GRAW2 instead which seems to me like theyre saying GRAW wasnt what we wanted \\sweeps it under the mat\\ "GET GRAW2, IT'LL BE ACE!!!!!!" and that leaves me with a cold empty feeling.

Well said.

oi mate. you're knickers are bunched a bit eh? lol I'm taking a wait n see approach to GRAW2. Grin put their backs to the ropes. see if they can get off the ropes.

Edited by Papa6

Just a bit hacked off at the longevity of games mate, before its even patched and working properly the next in the series will be released which makes you wonder about support for it, BF2 is in the same situation, 2142 is now out which is nothing more than a mod really and theyre trying to get all the BF2 fanbase over to that and there are still a heap of problems with BF2 last time I heard. Gone are the days I think when you'd play a game for a good length of time ala GR and Flashpoint and its more and more like Fast Food gaming, get as much into you as fast as possible and most of it will end up as crap.

Just a bit hacked off at the longevity of games mate, before its even patched and working properly the next in the series will be released which makes you wonder about support for it, BF2 is in the same situation, 2142 is now out which is nothing more than a mod really and theyre trying to get all the BF2 fanbase over to that and there are still a heap of problems with BF2 last time I heard. Gone are the days I think when you'd play a game for a good length of time ala GR and Flashpoint and its more and more like Fast Food gaming, get as much into you as fast as possible and most of it will end up as crap.

actually, I dont think dice intended BF2142 to take over after bf2, but rather have people play both and perhaps get players thats not into "realistic"(im using the term rather loosely ofcourse) games. We were drinking beer the other day with some friends at Dice and was told that appearntly(as im not one to read sales list, so I didnt know this, but perhaps everyone else in the world does ;) ) even tho bf2142 sells ok, its release hasnt really affected bf2, its still one of the top sellers, as it has been since release.

Maybe true, but it dosen't change the fact that people still want GRAW working properly after all these months. I find it hard yto want to support a sequal, when I am still waiting for the first that I bought.

However I am excited by the potential GRAW2 Brings, possibly a lot of fixes. But shoul we not recieve those fixes in the game we bought already first?

Edited by le Tigre

I get what you're coming from Wille and I'm not knocking you guys, if UBI want you to make GRAW2 right after GRAW then its pay checks for you, it just seems that we're getting all these games thrown us at a rate of knots thats just too fast and before everybody has got settled with GRAW then GRAW2 is knocking on the door, everything seems to be on a rollercoaster and its getting faster and faster, go back to the days of the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 and that was the platform that developers had to make it for, there were no upgrades. Now its machine upgrades as well as game upgrades, there has to be shader model x in the game or it'll look so last week etc. On the one hand I'm not going to complain because its nice to be told we're getting GRAW2 but on the other hand I'm thinking it would be nice in 12-24 months once we've all got some mileage out of GRAW and the tech has taken another jump and we're all running DX10 machines.

Oh... my... God... you're actually wishing GRAW2 gets delayed? The funny part is that if/when it does get delayed (by just a couple of months rather than the 12-24 suggested here) I guarantee you this forum will fill up with disparaging "are we there yet" posts in no time flat! Goldilocks? Phhhhht, she's an amateur! :lol:

GRAW 2??? Hang on a bit, I dont want GRAW2 yet, I want GRAW1 working the way it should be, the way that GRIN can get it working, I dont want to feel like I've bought the testbed for GRAW2, I want to feel like I've bought a product that is going to have an expansion pack cos its that good. I dont feel like that at the moment, I dont want GRAW to feel like another film in the collection by Ed Wood, "This movie is rubbish but wait till you see my next one!", especially after the way Lockdown was handled in a "ok lockdown is a bit pants but wait till you see Vegas" kind of way. I know its all being bundled along for release by UBI but for me its too soon, I dont want it yet, lets have it in a couple of years after the patching has got GRAW to the point where we all agree that its spot on and we've bought a few expansion packs and GRAW2 can then be another leap forward rather than just a bit of a shuffle to the left.

I agree 100%

I feel a bit ripped off that GRAW2 is coming so close to GRAW1 actually just starting to work properly & I'd have certainly shelled out for an expansion pack that added more SP/MP maps & enabled all the current ones to work with all game types.

In approx 4 months time, my whole team (approx 20 odd players) is gonna be forced to splash some cash on GRAW2.

actually, I dont think dice intended BF2142 to take over after bf2, but rather have people play both and perhaps get players thats not into "realistic"(im using the term rather loosely ofcourse) games. We were drinking beer the other day with some friends at Dice and was told that appearntly(as im not one to read sales list, so I didnt know this, but perhaps everyone else in the world does ;) ) even tho bf2142 sells ok, its release hasnt really affected bf2, its still one of the top sellers, as it has been since release.

EA just released 2142 to steal the thunder from ET:Quake Wars pure & simple. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beaver