Developed by GRIN?

GRIN you have my support..

Plain and simple.. GRIN HAS TO know what we (GRNET hardcore players) are looking for .. Or at least they better by now.. especially after all the blood, sweat and tears they and we have put in together...

Now UBI on the other hand .... Not so sure.

As long as UBI gives them the freedom to deliever it..

I have faith in GRIN..

Edited by IrishStout

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GRIN can do an awesome job on 2 if they put some heavy focus on multiplayer. It was pretty obvious that MP was pretty much an afterthought. I'm mainly an MP player so I was somewhat dissappointed in what was offered. The support they gave and community maps helped a lot though. I love what they did with player movement and body awareness. I think they could even take it to the next level with 2. They will really need to work on refining the MP experience IMO. Also, though I love the way the lighting works, I'd much prefer some anti-aliasing. Not sure if it would take stripping out deferred altogether, but the cool lighting is masked by the ugly lines for me.

I'd be interested to see what they can do.

I think GRIN can do an awesome job on 2 if they put some heavy focus on multiplayer.

The main focus always has to be SP as long as you're not developing an online only game. And in this type of game, Coop then comes next as it's almost automatic once you have SP.

Other MP modes are always implemented at a level that depends on the time given.

Edited by Wolfsong

I think GRIN can do an awesome job on 2 if they put some heavy focus on multiplayer.

The main focus always has to be SP as long as you're not developing an online only game. And in this type of game, Coop then comes next as it's almost automatic once you have SP.

Other MP modes are always implemented at a level that depends on the time given.

nuts to that. Games can have both good SP and MP. The focus needs to atleast be equally focused. I suppose everyone has their favorite reasons for why they play, but a "game like this" doesn't have to have the main focus on SP. My personal view, SP is boring no matter how good it is. There's no joy in killing a computer. Games just aren't fun unless you're hurting someone's feelings. ;) u can quote me on that. From a financial view, MP(whether it be coop or other) is what gives a game longevity. Even for hardcore SP players, you can only play through it so many times before it gets old. MP gives a game constant new life each time you play because people are all different and play differently. Sell a good MP game and people will get their friends to buy and their friends' friends' so that everyone can play together. Sell a good SP game and you get a person who buys it and then passes it on cause he's done with it.

If MP modes are "always" implement late like you say, then the game developers are making a huge mistake and that's why you get an average multiplayer game rather than a great one that doesn't need to cut the price in half for people to buy it.

© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. PC version developed by GRIN. “PlayStationâ€, “PLAYSTATIONâ€, and “PS†Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Added: bolded that grin is the pc version developer

not to rain on anyone's parade, but that doesn't mean that GRAW 2 will be developed by grin. All that and the 2007 says is the PC version of GRAW was developed by grin. It's just a copyright statement of all the different brands and people involved, not a press statement. I'd wait for an official press release before getting to excited. If it said, GRAW 2 developed by grin, you might have had something. But if you notice that paragraph is referring to previous versions that were probably mentioned in the article.

like he said:

But, it's still just a copy rights statement for products, logos and trademarks issued; it doesn't make any rights statements regarding GRAW 2, and while one could construe GRIN may be developing GRAW 2 PC from it, it's not a foregone or even necesserily a reasonable conclusion -- though as I said I'd be pleased if it were.

Edited by Ghost9

nuts to that. Games can have both good SP and MP. The focus needs to atleast be equally focused.

It is equaly focused. And for TFPS it's SP and mission Coop. But SP is most importet to be able to sell a game to a wide market. Believe it or not but those who only play the other MP types aren't a majority of the buyers of any TFPS. Hence why TFPS became popular. Without it they are only normal FPS like all the other in the UT, Quake, Doom, RTCW and so on pile.

But I didn't say they can't make more of an effort on the MP side. Only that the "heavy focus" won't be on MP for any such game.

Side note:

I suggest you take up Paintball of SoftAir if MP PvP is what you want. Will never disapoint you in that aspect. Much more fun then any computer game.

Edited by Wolfsong

GRAW's almost complete lack of MP "implementation" at release allowed it to turn into the success it is today :wall:

I would hope they would learn from such an obvious mistake the second time around.

GRAW's almost complete lack of MP "implementation" at release allowed it to turn into the success it is today :wall:

I would hope they would learn from such an obvious mistake the second time around.

It has good MP implementation for a TFPS. The MP Coop works great. Like said, everything else isn't what is essential for TFPS.

It has good MP implementation for a TFPS. The MP Coop works great. Like said, everything else isn't what is essential for TFPS.

For any other genre other than a TFPS I might agree you can get away without a strong multiplayer element.

When GRAW first was released there was alot of excitement from the community. On any given day, dozens upon dozens of people would browse theses forums and the official forums. Now, I've regularily seen only 3 or 4 on in prime time. Is this a good guage of a games success? Not exactly, but its only mere months since release and there are less than 100 folks playing online on a regular basis.

First person shooters need MP just as much as single player, in my opinion they need it more to be successful and have longevity.

The larger bulk of the public which bought GRAW moved on before proper mulitplayer aspects were patched in. Even now, months later, patches later, it has a limited MP content.

In my opinion, the community wants a full MP at release so the game doesnt die a premature death. People nowadays have options when it comes to game buying.

If your only into co op play then maybe your satisfied, But the larger part of the community wants a game too that isnt on the shelf in 4 weeks. Other game creators could do it, why couldnt GRAW's?

I think it's important to delineate what we mean by "success". If it's measured simply by units sold then the presence/absence of MP is not as big a factor as you might imagine. Before you crucify me, I'm not saying it's not important, just that it does not necessarily dictate how many copies get sold. Take Oblivion for example. It is purely SP is it not? For an RPG that is often considered the kiss of death in the age of MMORPGs. Yet, it was highly successful.

No, MP just gains a lot more importance here, on an online forum. What makes or breaks a game is, oddly enough, gameplay. If you happen to hit upon the right combination of ingredients it doesn't matter if it's online only, offline only or both. It will sell.

while you might be right about that at first in the months/years after the game comes out what is gonna get someone to buy it then? if the mp side is lacking what would you think about the game. the great mp of the org helped it survie for so long (with all of the mods that came out 2) and how many more copies ahv ebeen bought 2/3 years after it came out? (i know i bouight it at elast 2 times) and haveing it out fo the box doesnt get people pisssed off and leave and never come back, it elts them enjoy it and then enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out

Edited by REDMONSTER

With all this speculation and chat about GRIN and the PC version I've lost track of where we are at here in the forums, but I can put the record straight for anyone not sure about who is developing the PC version. So, with many thanks to Ubisoft's GR community manager for letting me know, that it is indeed being produced by

GRIN

I have a buddy that works at GRIN.. hes is working on GRAW2 atm... ive seen some pictures and such.. looks damn NICE!

if i remember.. ill come back with more info about rls date and such..

liar! no one at grin would be stupid enough to show a game in progress to a friend who cant keep his mouth shut!

:pirate:

I see this as good news..

Congradulation's to GRIN - I look forward to the new game. I wish it was not so close to the release of the last game..

but what can I do...

Anyway, I can only hope that you continue to keep in contact with the GRAW community here and look forward to the coming posts...

Cheers,

I see this as good news..

Congradulation's to GRIN - I look forward to the new game. I wish it was not so close to the release of the last game..

but what can I do...

Anyway, I can only hope that you continue to keep in contact with the GRAW community here and look forward to the coming posts...

Cheers,

I agree with Irish, I'm glad to see the GRIN's continue their work with GRAW to make it better. I've had many many good hours on TDM servers, but unfortunately there is lack of players and laddering clans

Please note #6 on my list (don't forget the MP this time...)

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=439954

Best Peace