Developed by GRIN?

"will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts and..."

~who cares about the and. Im happy there.

"Vastly Improved Artificial Intelligence (AI)"

~they always say that. But I hope its true!

"Players can now heal their team on the battlefield, including squad leader Scott Mitchell, with an all-new Medic class of soldier"

~Really the only thing Im not liking from reading it (the medic part). On the bright side (though I may be reading into it) it sounds like theyre bringing the class system back? This would imply you arent stuck with 4 soldiers to pick from- possibly meaning a larger fire team is possible?? Maybe Im just reading in to it

oh yea, I also like the whole real time environmental changes. will make it interesting to say the least!

Edited by j-man

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Brown finally gets his burro show! (Hopefully he doesn't get the Clerks II version... yuck!)

well you never know Rabbi, Ubisoft has done crazier things than getting Kevin Smith involved in a game..hehe... :grin2: "there is only one return, and it aint of the king"

"Even the TREES walked in those movies..."

Willie, do you have a sister? At least a convincing wig?

lol

well if Grin could get character models of themselves into GRAW2, then they could have a "save Grin" mission. We could all be smart arses and start the mission and just leave them in the mexican captivity to get shot too. :rofl:

added: ok, NOT funny! :blink:

Edited by Papa6

well everyone, it was rather an accident that i came across the media package by ubisoft. Looking at the ubisoft.com site(US), has a small section about the forth coming GRAW2 that when clicked, there's a link just above the San Fransisco and 8 DEC 2006 in the article, it was rather stealthy and had to be seen by aware eyes.

But i downloaded it and it has info's on the xbox360 and PC versions. Also, there's a teaser trailer that has been posted on the front page of GR.net but there's even concept art. it appears some of GRAW2 will be rural by chance!?! i can't confirm this but, by the concept art picture within the zip file, has some helpful information but that's about it.

-Papa6

Sorry if this is a double post but, i saw in the teaser trailer that there will be a "very nice" premier trailer on DEC 13 2006. keep your eyes peeled!

Added: I hope the premier trailer will open more information or indicate if we can get rural "Country side" (hint-hint Grin?) maps and not just city or urban.

Edited by Papa6

I certainly hope Grin is the company developing GRAW2 for the PC. The single player game was quite good. And the part about the Hero dying "end of game"..that seems to be Ubi's thing. The Brothers in Arms series has it that when either "Baker" or "Red" dies in their two respective games ; Game over! And the part of having your one of your team members die in one mission and then miracoously "rise from the dead" in the next is also a BIA "trick". Worked for those two games (although, those games were based on history and if the soldier team member lived in the actual mission, they would have to be in the next). I only point this out, because there was a lot of griping about some team member killed in a mission and suddenly appearing in the next! But, back on topic, Grin would be the logical choice, since they already have everything in place to make the next game. And Ubisoft would "lose" money having another company develope it for for the PC. :g_withgrin:

I certainly hope Grin is the company developing GRAW2 for the PC. The single player game was quite good. And the part about the Hero dying "end of game"..that seems to be Ubi's thing. The Brothers in Arms series has it that when either "Baker" or "Red" dies in their two respective games ; Game over! And the part of having your one of your team members die in one mission and then miracoously "rise from the dead" in the next is also a BIA "trick". Worked for those two games (although, those games were based on history and if the soldier team member lived in the actual mission, they would have to be in the next). I only point this out, because there was a lot of griping about some team member killed in a mission and suddenly appearing in the next! But, back on topic, Grin would be the logical choice, since they already have everything in place to make the next game. And Ubisoft would "lose" money having another company develope it for for the PC. :g_withgrin:

I think and would like to see Grin make this next game too.

The team leader dying game ends scenario is not in the game after 1.30 patch.

nothing wrong with GRIN developing the game - just get rid of the Diesel Engine..that's the only problem.

I hardly think GRIN will get rid of their own proprietary engine. But there's just too much HDR for my taste.

Let's hope GRIN learns lessons from GRAW.

nothing wrong with GRIN developing the game - just get rid of the Diesel Engine..that's the only problem.

I hardly think GRIN will get rid of their own proprietary engine. But there's just too much HDR for my taste.

for the last and final time :grin2: , HDR stands for "high dynamic range" and you really cant have "too much" hdr, im guessing what you are referring to is bloom and posteffects perhaps ? :yes:

for the last and final time :grin2: , HDR stands for "high dynamic range" and you really cant have "too much" hdr, im guessing what you are referring to is bloom and posteffects perhaps ? :yes:

Wasn't that toned down in 1.35? The posteffects that is.

Edited by Hockeystick

ok Wille, surprise us then. show us what Grin is REALLY made of..fair enough?

I thought the single player GRAW was very very good....some things need tweaked? Sure they did..but overall very happy with the GRAW single player product.

I am looking for more of the [GR] Multiplayer COOP for GRAW 2.....Player customization...weapon selection...player selection....and as was mentioned...an easier [GR] style MOD selection screen.

I really feel that if I could put "my squads" images into the game...select my character ...and activate mods via a GUI....then GRAW would have been perfect in my eyes.

The MOD scene is the one area of GRAW that I feel has been severly lacking....so I am assuming (since I am not much of a modder) that its just not that easy to mod.....

When I see the level of modding that [GR] has gone through (yes I know they have had 5 years of modding to work from on [GR]) but when I see all the work there....and about the only mods I see for GRAW are...I moved this building over here and that building over there...and I changed a CAMO pattern on Mitchell......just seems like the modders of the world just cant put their finger on this one....but I could be wrong...they might just all be working on other games...or simply not interested in GRAW.

HACK

issues with GRAW weren't just zeroed on MP mode. Single player mode as well. AI that was stupid and what not. but the continuity was nice.

GRAW could've been really good. But issues can hamper anything. but the fixes in 1.35 made it fun.

Well if all we're going on is the copyright statement; that doesn't make GRAW 2 PC GRIN's gig a sure bet at all as it's the 2006 copyright statement for existing GRAW copyright and trademark material treatments specifically. So I'd say the jury is out until the fat Ubi sings, or someone from GRIN just says so.

And I wish they would, I do hope GRIN has the reins on GRAW 2 PC, there's a lot of warty stuff on GRAW tha's a pretty decent game that GRAW 2 as an expansion could refine into making it one really refiened and outstanding game. If GRAW 2 is a stand-alone title that doesn't interface with GRAW, improve that expensive game, expand assets and Mod support -- then I guess I really don't care who's developing it...

:unsure:

Edited by Waika

Read it again Dannik, it's dated 2006, it is specifically stating copyrights to 2006 GRAW intellectual propterty, products, titles and tradmark material. No where does the copyright statement treat or mention GRAW 2: title property, nominclature, logos, product(s) or the release year for GRAW 2 2007...

Copyright statements are very specific and legally explicit.

<_<

Edited by Waika

You're right I did miss it!

But, it's still just a copy rights statement for products, logos and trademarks issued; it doesn't make any rights statements regarding GRAW 2, and while one could construe GRIN may be developing GRAW 2 PC from it, it's not a foregone or even necesserily a reasonable conclusion -- though as I said I'd be pleased if it were.

What's really strange about all of this is there's really no reason to conceal the PC Developer, unless something is in contention...

:rocky:

Edited by Waika

Ubisoft conceals everything in sight just for the hell of it. Look at the DXEs....

If someone other than GRIN were developing GRAW2 they would probably have to use a different engine. There are lots of really nice engines out there (Unreal Engine 3 comes to mind), but I rather imagine that it would be a lot of work to totally redo GRAW in a different one.

Unreal Engine 3 ? The Engine that doesn't support Anti-Aliasing in the PC-Version of Vegas ? No thanks. Cry-Engine 2 seems to be the only promising engine.

Let's see how long we have to wait until there's a title that shows us what the UE3-Engine really is capable of.

no Unreal engine please. besides when you use someone else's game engine, you have to license it and that can cost some $$$.

Plus not every engine is good for every game. Unreal from what I've seen is good for arena style gameplay. We're talking GRAW2, a larger map game.