Looking for a new character for your mod ?

Well, i have some free time by now, i can create some new characters, not all that hard ok, but if you need for example a model of jack stone with a bare head, or another chr with a balaclava head, etc..., specially mixing parts of existing chrs (from mike schell), or adding backpacks, etc ..., i can try to do the job.

You may post here or send me a PM and ill try my best ok.

thales100

Thales, Id like to try to do some of that type of stuff myself. Ive already made a few new skins with PS, but Ive got some questions....

1. How do you make a character have a bald head?

2. How would you skin a character with a mohawk?

3. Is it possible to mod a Boonie Hat?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Paladin

To make a chr that dont have the head you want (for example, you want jack stone, that has the balaclava head, with a bare head), youll need 3dsmax, to get a head from some chr and put it on another one.

Its possible to mod the boonie hat, of course, with the 3d software and using the 3ds characters from mike schell, its possible to mix parts of different chrs and make new ones.

:)

If the helemt is part of the chr, changing the texture to eliminate it is impossible.

Only if its an attachment its possible, you have just to change the .atr file and eliminate the helmet (head attachment).

To know if its an attachment or not, check the .atr of the chr you are working on : if there is no head attachment, then the helmet is part of the model, and youll need 3dsmax to change it.

:snipe:

THe plug-ins are on the Island thunder disc

You'll need an out of date copy of max to work with too v4 or v5 which you can't get from the manufacturers

The best route is to buy the 3dsMax Bible or 3dsMax for dummies on Ebay (which should hopefully have the demo disc attached (there should still be an registration route available from the manufacturer)

...one more stupid question...I just drag-copy the "3DS Max 4 plugin" files into the Plugins folder for Max and it'll recognize it, correct? Thanks.

Mostly, yeah

The mapeditorlists go into the main program file as their own folder (and usually need a bit of tweaking to get all the various sounds and fx in game

Unfortunately you can't use the plugins to open files saved out as RSE filetypes

All .map, .pob, .qob etc files used in game are a one way ticket (you cannot reverse engineer).

In many ways this is good as it saves your work from the unscrupulous

Good luck

Great site too for GR modding files and tips.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/sansite/

...one more stupid question...I just drag-copy the "3DS Max 4 plugin" files into the Plugins folder for Max and it'll recognize it, correct? Thanks.

Check this, in sansite (link above).

3D Studio Max Map Making Tutorial by Mike Schell (Added:19-08-03)

Edited by thales100

Two models of riflemen (GR original) with boonies, with normal boots and pants untucked from the boots like the sc of gen. montgomery , just dl and start adding skins. Any problem, let me know ok, i havent tested them in game.

Use skinner, in download section, , if you dont know, easiest way to add and change textures to a character. :thumbsup:

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/1948-boonie.zip

PS.: CC, im working on your chrs ok, just need some time to re-align the stuff. ;)

Another request, Island thunder standard operatives with the sleeves rolled down and the pants untucked fom the boots (Gen. Montgomery). Ive made the rifleman and demolitions.

Any problems please post as i havent tested them in game.

itrifpantsvc4.jpg

itpantsdemay6.jpg

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/1948-itpants.zip

Edited by thales100

Thx for the feedback element11 :thumbsup: , you mean like this eh ?

itrif2bd9.jpg

Ive made this one too, get here if you prefer this model (rifleman).

http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/1948-itpants.zip

:o=

Thales100,

I have a 3dsmax software here, that i bought 2 years ago. But until now i dont know how to use it. Can you PM me the basic steps to add or remove parts? So i can make my own models that i can share to the whole community. Thanks!

Check this dude - http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/recon-chr.htm - , a great tutorial by Ruin, ive learned there how to export chrs, youll need 3dsmax 4 or 5 and some will to make it, but its not actually something hard, chrs in GR are very cool to create and mix different parts of models.

Youll need some basic acknowledge abot 3dsmax to add and remove párts, open the program and try to understand how it works, check some basic manual, etc ...

You can post your doubts in a thread in this forum. :thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

ScreenShot0.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

There's these things. I dont know if its with my system or what:

Check out the wrists, They look wrinkled and twisted:

ScreenShot3-1.jpg

ScreenShot1-2.jpg

ScreenShot5-1.jpg

Plus the arms on this one:

ScreenShot2-1.jpg

*I have already changed the layout of the texture for the model but it always looks stretched.

I really have no idea if its my system or whats causing it.

Thanks!

:D

Oh yeah by the way, how do i change the faces, they all look the same. I was hoping to use the IT faces that came with the game. Where and Which file to do use for the skinner to change the face being used in your models.

Thanks and i hope i could be like you.

:D

Edited by Gen.Montgomery

"""There's these things. I dont know if its with my system or what:

Check out the wrists, They look wrinkled and twisted"""

to fix this problem you need to attribute a value to each vertex/bones with 3ds.

A)value 1=100% used by bone X

B)value 0.5= 50% used by bone X and Y,(usually used to create a link between two bones or more ,example the wrist "hand bone + arm bone")

after use different values to fix little details.

In your pics...hand use value 1(hand bone) and arm use value 1(arm bone) ther's no link between this two bones,thats why you have this effect.

For the wrist in GR its a bit complex to obtain something "correct"...i prefer use gloves or sleeves to hide the problem and spend less time with it :)