The new patch

Hello, just a note that I think the new patch is not too good! and im not on my own

Y the frick do they have 2 keep messing with the guns?!

Everytime im being killed now I have no idea were its coming from as its allways a 1 shot kill!

1 shot everytime, i havent had any descent fire fights like in the last patch its allways just 1 shot...dead. This is crap!

Loads of lag 2, people are shooting me b4 they stop running and there gun hasnt even appeared, never happend in the last patch! so u cant blame my ping/there ping.

I vote bring back 1.30.

The only thing they fixed 4 us is the odd connection drops. Whoopey doo!

Thanks 4 nothing.

Edited by Rocky

Hmm, the only thing I can agree on is that there is noticeable lag, even with decent pings.

But then again, that's always been like that since day 1. I see people still running and killing me.

That's the one major turnoff that made me completely stop playing, was the lag.

But I don't think that they messed with anything like the guns...

I think it would be in the change notes.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

Hmm, the only thing I can agree on is that there is noticeable lag, even with decent pings.

But then again, that's always been like that since day 1. I see people still running and killing me.

There's no difference in weapon damage or health between 1.30 and 1.35.

-GG

Well I did notice some lag, but I am happy with the patch, the new colors on some maps are great and the nade fests are awesome.......

What I need is new, bigger and better maps I hope they will arive before GRAW2 (I'm curious how the development goes.....lotsa work and not mucht time again????)

kram i don't know if things have changed much, but i know i got you once or twice while your back was turned towards me, this made a one shot one kill very easy.

can it be that the added sounds on some levels distract you from hearing the cans being kicked ?

i found the changes in 1.35 very pleasing but when i am at the short end frustrating.

i have had moments with this patch where you sneak up on some tango's and when you shoot one the others seem oblivious,

just like one time i shot you in avenue's where you reported it as a head shot, you were up the stairs, and a team mate was just a few meters from you, but he did not have a clue i was behind him, even after you had died.

i think the sounds obscure the players better now, and this might be a disadvantage in some occations :D, but now the silencers do seem to work better :P

only problem on this issue I've noticed is the lag too. but hopefully i can fix that. but i hate running along all fine and dandy, get around a corner of a building safely only to die 3 seconds later. someone shot me 2 or three seconds back while trying to get aroundthe corner. ###### me off. :rant:

this happened to me last night 3 or 4 times on the BDA server

Thanks 4 all your replies guys.

Maybe I was just having a crappy couple of sessions.

Im enjoying the new sounds but i do think they are kind of random like the dog and cat noises? anyway.....

I couldnt believe how many TK's there was this weekend, im not blaming the patch tho it is a coinsidence!

I just wish they would put in a dual kill. Its allwayz 1 or the other! (shooting) if ur both thrashing ur scar H ur gona both die sumtimes 4 sure! but u neva do and it blows. (i know u can both die with nades)

yes i am impressed with some of the new gfx etc 2. Maybe I am just being picky as my weekend sucked 2, and i nearly crashed my car this morning, think im on abit of a rampage!

Im enjoying the new sounds but i do think they are kind of random like the dog and cat noises? anyway.....

I couldnt believe how many TK's there was this weekend, im not blaming the patch tho it is a coinsidence!

I just wish they would put in a dual kill. Its allwayz 1 or the other! (shooting) if ur both thrashing ur scar H ur gona both die sumtimes 4 sure! but u neva do and it blows. (i know u can both die with nades)

yes i am impressed with some of the new gfx etc 2. Maybe I am just being picky as my weekend sucked 2, and i nearly crashed my car this morning, think im on abit of a rampage!

Were do you live? Eu times been on KFORF server? would like to see some people I meet there over here and comment on gameplay and such Is this an idea to try someday?

Gripen I see often, but some people have different names here than on GRAW, would be nice to see some people here online....

I would like to discuss the gamestyles on different servers, maybe get a bit more understanding in how to organise a server and what to do/not to do.

For instance, sometimes you meet people online that have a lack of patience in readying up, but on the contraty when a server hosts 32 people waiting to start the game with 4 people AFK and no server admin avaliable is troubling sometimes. Might be adviseable to have a start anyway button activated after waiting for 2 mins on game-start (timed autostart?) Grin do your thing with this info, might be good for GRAW2.

We had a TK yesterday, with the accidentally killed one killing the other first thing next game..... He was told to stop that, but the one teamkilling first maybe should have apologised. Everybody should know that not everyone online thinks the same, and it takes some skill to play online without rants and flaming.

Good gaming,

Forrester

Were do you live? Eu times been on KFORF server? would like to see some people I meet there over here and comment on gameplay and such Is this an idea to try someday?

Gripen I see often, but some people have different names here than on GRAW, would be nice to see some people here online....

I would like to discuss the gamestyles on different servers, maybe get a bit more understanding in how to organise a server and what to do/not to do.

For instance, sometimes you meet people online that have a lack of patience in readying up, but on the contraty when a server hosts 32 people waiting to start the game with 4 people AFK and no server admin avaliable is troubling sometimes. Might be adviseable to have a start anyway button activated after waiting for 2 mins on game-start (timed autostart?) Grin do your thing with this info, might be good for GRAW2.

We had a TK yesterday, with the accidentally killed one killing the other first thing next game..... He was told to stop that, but the one teamkilling first maybe should have apologised. Everybody should know that not everyone online thinks the same, and it takes some skill to play online without rants and flaming.

Good gaming,

Forrester

Yer I usually play on the BDA server (as im a BDA member) and our server automatically kicks you (so im told) if you have reocuring TK's. Might try a diff server 2 see if the gameplay is different, tatics etc...

that might be true, i did not read much good words in the chat window from you

better luck next time,

as for the lag....

has any one noticed the spikes and the stuttering when someone joins ?

but as for the BDA server kram talks about, i often see people play with 250 + pings

and not just one, but sometimes 10 at a time, i don't think any coding can prefent that from happening

people join no matter where the server stands

that might be true, i did not read much good words in the chat window from you

better luck next time,

as for the lag....

has any one noticed the spikes and the stuttering when someone joins ?

but as for the BDA server kram talks about, i often see people play with 250 + pings

and not just one, but sometimes 10 at a time, i don't think any coding can prefent that from happening

people join no matter where the server stands

haha, yer im a very competitive player, i like 2 display my emoticons! im a good laught tho 2!

i havent noticed the stuttering when ppl join to b honest.

Yer im in the UK and i average about 180 ping which is very playable and I get no complaints, it has been goin upto around 220 which is kind of annoying but other members of my family share the connection. But they havent been on it whilst my ping has been sucking! new patch again hmmmmm? none of my internet properties have changed.

OK, I'm officially confused. I thought everyone wanted [GR]'s one-shot kills back?

YOU are confused? how do you think WE feel ;)

Guessed as much. :D

On TK's though. One innovative solution used in IL-2 Sturmovik is that the server keeps track of player scores. And, since there is a huge penalty for shooting down a friendly, (-400 points compared to 200 points for downing a bomber) we can script the server to autokick anyone who dips below a certain score, say -400. The scripting of course is the real strength of the IL-2 dedicated server. It uses a straightforward Socket client/server setup and even lousy ol' me was able to script a very basic perl program that ran an entertaining virtual online war automagically.

Good gaming,

Yep, we tend to frequent the same servers at times Forrester. I would gladly discuss servers out of a consumer perspective, in text would perhaps be best as it is more persistent than voice communication.

GG, BDA and PBR are preferred servers when I am alone. PBR should get cred for having siege mode on a regular basis (I don't like TDM and mostly play HH, so I seldom get to play the urban maps, a shame that GRIN didn't make them HH with this latest patch, it can't be many hours work).

Tanatos and Swe-X are other servers who we (vU) often play on, as we like HH with no re spawn.

Good gaming,

Yep, we tend to frequent the same servers at times Forrester. I would gladly discuss servers out of a consumer perspective, in text would perhaps be best as it is more persistent than voice communication.

GG, BDA and PBR are preferred servers when I am alone. PBR should get cred for having siege mode on a regular basis (I don't like TDM and mostly play HH, so I seldom get to play the urban maps, a shame that GRIN didn't make them HH with this latest patch, it can't be many hours work).

Tanatos and Swe-X are other servers who we (vU) often play on, as we like HH with no re spawn.

We might be interested in a Match with Vu (that's your clan isn't it?) If you/the match officer would like us to match look at kforf.co.uk or challenge us on PGL/Clanbase/whatever..... :D

We might want to concentrate the remaining active clans on one match-base to keep stuff going, sadly lots of clans left GRAW......and in my clan people are starting ARMA too :(

Some new/modified stable maps would be very welcome indeed!

You can find me mostly on KFORF/BPR if there is no action I'll be on TUG/BDA/GG/CCI

There's no difference in weapon damage or health between 1.30 and 1.35.

-GG

Sure there is they say it is they would know (yeah right)

No major probs on my comp, laggy on some more well known servers but might be there end as no probs on TUGS server. Matched FOE yesterday and no probs at all really so i say bring on the new maps (good only plz).

Edited by JJUK