Community COOP Tournament

Dodger

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The compass looks backwards (i.e. W/E flipped), but the small pip/marker works correctly. That is to say that if you look at your compass the marker will correctly indicate your current heading. The original (or "bad") compass looked like a real compass, but the pointer did not correctly indicate your heading. This is related to how the whole threat indicator/heading indicator system works in the GR engine. Just look at the indicator and read off your heading, and you will be fine.

(I do not think Frostbite had a compass, and BTW, Frostbite should be at the lowest priority if you are practicing for mission 2 -- FB, DS, IT, DTD, SU, AS26)

• 2 weeks later...

MISSION #02 Has ended!

+SD http://specialdetachment.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=49

Alpha Squad http://alpha.websmart.ro/forums/index.php?board=70.0

9MS

http://ninemansquad.forumup.org/viewforum....um=ninemansquad

Mission 03 is your last chance for points in this Tournie.

WSV

Pls visit any of the above sites for info.

Pls direct any WSV Questions to 9MS.

I`ve watched a few Teams so far, and has been nail biting. :FIREdevil:

Heads on, and work as a Team, things will be good!

Tinker

:thumbsup:

MISSION 03 INFO

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Find Hammer

Trigger Event:

The simulation is initializing.

Responses:

Set Hammer to (The target of "Tinker").

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Hammer Kit

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Assign "Eggs and Flour" to Hammer.

Enable the Hammer script blocks.

Group: Hammer

Comment:

All giggle at Hammer

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (Monkey Boy is equal to Hammer).

Execute "T-Trick".

Spawn Silly girl in Pick Dress onto Hammer. with "High pitched voice" and "Frilly Stockings" at the most critical moment!.

Place the camera at Spot Hammer, facing Hammer.

Display "Good Luck Hammer!" to Hammer for 3 second(s).

:whistle:

Tinker

MISSION 03

Don`t want to tell anyone to suck eggs but....I Observed too many people not having the correct mods and so.

All you need for Mission 03 is:

GR/DS/IT/WSV

WSV is found here: WSV

There are no patches, or updates. If you have those mods, all good.

For all the PM`s, OBJ 01 you must let the Demo blow, before you shoot anyone, to gain those points. Without that, you also lose OBJ 02.

Extraction is HQ. If you fail to get all your team in Extraction, you still have the points you may of scored. It will not note you as KIA.

Weather is stated to be reduced per Meter, by the Minute.

TIPS:

None

Tinker

[...]

Extraction is HQ. If you fail to get all your team in Extraction, you still have the points you may of scored. It will not note you as KIA.

[...]

So to state it boldly, you are rewarded with 10 points if you reach extraction with all alive Ghost-members (it doesn't matter if you have (a) member(s) KIA).

If you decide to initiate the extraction with only one man, because say some can't reach extraction in time, you won't get the 10 points for extraction.

Members missing in action will not give you any deduction of points as members KIA do.

[...]

TIPS:

None

Tinker

What could he mean by that?

None is a synonym for nothing.

"Nothing is the lack or absence of anything. Colloquially, however, the term is often used to describe a particularly unimpressive thing, event, or object." :unsure:

"The concept of "nothing" has been studied throughout history by philosophers and theologians; many have found that careful consideration of the notion can easily lead to the logical fallacy of reification. (If one does not believe that nothing is no thing.)" :wacko:

None may also refer to:

None (liturgy), a liturgical hour

"None is a fixed time of prayer of the Divine Office of almost all the traditional Christian liturgies. It consists mainly of psalms and is said at 3 p.m. Its name comes from Latin and refers to the ninth hour of the day after dawn."

He already gave a hint about the weather conditions :hmm:

None (TO), a commune in the province of Turin, Piedmont, Italy

"None is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Turin in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 20 km southwest of Turin. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 7,866 and an area of 24.7 km2. None borders the following municipalities: Orbassano, Volvera, Candiolo, Piobesi Torinese, Airasca, Castagnole Piemonte, and Scalenghe."

naaah :wall:

None (EP), an EP by Meshuggah.

"None is an EP by Swedish Tech metal band Meshuggah. The band started embracing a more complex approach that would lay the grounds for their current style."

thats it! or not... :wacko:

<source: Wikipedia.org>

Really wondering what that TIP could be! :hmm:

Edited by Toniezz

With mass nouns, you have to use the singular. ("None of the

wheat is...") With count nouns, you can use either the singular or

the plural. ("None of the books is..." or "None of the books

are...") Usually, the plural sounds more natural, unless you're

trying to emphasize the idea of "not one", or if the words that

follow work better in the singular.

TIPS:

None

Changed to:

Watch for Mines, Tanks, Helicopters, Exploding Suicide Bombers, Collapsing Rocks, Rapids, Falling Plane debris, Cats and Dogs, Tigers, Goats.

And Good Luck again!

Tinker

:rofl:

Really wondering what that TIP could be!

:rofl:

The brevity of the tip leaves it open to multiple interpretations.

I am very confused by this tip.

edit:

oops didn't see page 10 until I posted.

Thanks for the clarification Tinker. We should be able to get max points with ease now.

Edited by wombat50

Finished this tonight, short and sweet but enjoyable.

I would like to thank all the modders in Alpha and 9man +sd for the opertunity to play a game that can be so much fun.

Guys real nice job well done on the organisation and implementation of the tourney much respect and best wishes.

You are keeping alive not so much the GR game, but co op team play and all it entails which is really what we all enjoy and wish would carry on in other games.

Thank You

Colin

Edited by Colin

I would also like to thank +SD, Alpha Squad and 9MS for all the hard work they have put in to this Tournament .

The missions have been hard but fair and i have enjoyed playing them. Good job guys :thumbsup:

Lets hope that the good turn out we had for this tournament will inspire more like it i would hate to think of this Tournament as a fairwell to Ghost Recon :o

Thanks to all :D

Edited by Hammer12

Finished this tonight, short and sweet but enjoyable.

I would like to thank all the modders in Alpha and 9man +sd for the opertunity to play a game that can be so much fun.

Guys real nice job well done on the organisation and implementation of the tourney much respect and best wishes.

You are keeping alive not so much the GR game, but co op team play and all it entails which is really what we all enjoy and wish would carry on in other games.

Thank You

Colin

:whistle:

I would also like to thank +SD, Alpha Squad and 9MS for all the hard work they have put in to this Tournament .

The missions have been hard but fair and i have enjoyed playing them. Good job guys :thumbsup:

Lets hope that the good turn out we had for this tournament will inspire more like it i would hate to think of this Tournament as a fairwell to Ghost Recon :o

Thanks to all :D

I would like to call it my learning cerfew for Hosting Co-Op Tournies!

:shifty:

Well played tonite, thnx a lot.

Tinker