Agent Smith's Effects Mod: FEAR edition

Indeed. The latest Blood only version (This one: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...d=444126&#) has the slo-mo problem removed.

Hi the above links back to this thread so I presume you are referring to the file download link you provided a few posts back in this thread. I have downloaded this and installed it - I still get the slo mo. No idea whats going on. As I said I have this mod and the M4 Sop mod installed in the English folder - all other mods are in their own folder and activated separately so perhaps I should do that with your mod?????

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have downloaded this and installed it - I still get the slo mo. No idea whats going on. As I said I have this mod and the M4 Sop mod installed in the English folder - all other mods are in their own folder and activated separately so perhaps I should do that with your mod?????

Are you POSITIVE that there is no OTHER .xml in the Local -> English -> Effects folder? The ONLY one that should be in there considering that you downloaded the Blood only version is e_bullet_hits._high.xml. If there are any others in that folder (Ignore the decals folder, it's suppose to be there), delete them.

Agent Smith wrote:

"Are you POSITIVE that there is no OTHER .xml in the Local -> English -> Effects folder?"

Look I checked you download file again and there are a whole bunch of xml files in the effects folder - like e_ambience.xml, e_explosions xml, probably well over a dozen or so, plus many other files that do not appear to be blood mod only related. This is from your download link above which purports to be the blood only mod. (You provided three alternate D/L sites in a post above. Have you posted the wrong files?

Look I checked you download file again and there are a whole bunch of xml files in the effects folder - like e_ambience.xml, e_explosions xml, probably well over a dozen or so, plus many other files that do not appear to be blood mod only related. This is from your download link above which purports to be the blood only mod. (You provided three alternate D/L sites in a post above. Have you posted the wrong files?

I just checked my files. It's not on my end nor are the wrong files posted. Just simply DELETE those extra .XMLs you were talking about. ONLY the e_bullet_hits_high.xml affects the Blood.

I just checked my files. It's not on my end nor are the wrong files posted. Just simply DELETE those extra .XMLs you were talking about. ONLY the e_bullet_hits_high.xml affects the Blood.

OK I think I finally got it working. But I also had to delete texture files. Seriously the files posted seemed to be much more than just the blood mod files. Not sure how or why. Thanks for the mod and your help

There seems to be many different links for various different versions of this mod all in this thread and I am a bit concerned that I do not have the downloads section here populated with all the relevant versions, or even if I should just have one version in the downloads section.... could someone spell it out for me.. please?

There seems to be many different links for various different versions of this mod all in this thread and I am a bit concerned that I do not have the downloads section here populated with all the relevant versions, or even if I should just have one version in the downloads section.... could someone spell it out for me.. please?

The optimum one for Blood only would be this one:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...0622&st=60#

• 2 weeks later...

I get the exact same thing with the blood only download ... Tons of xml files along with the blood ones ...

I get the exact same thing with the blood only download ... Tons of xml files along with the blood ones ...

Am I on crack or something? Apparently the "optimum blood only" download has the slo-mo stuff and the REAL Blood only one has been deleted due to lack of downloads.

I'm re-uploading them, and then slapping the links onto the first post:

SendSpace

MegaUpload

FileFactory

Installation directions to fixing the slo-mo problem

1. Make a backup of your current Local -> English folder.

2. Move out the mods from the Local -> English folder (NOT from the backup) that do not pertain to the effects or textures folder (If there any custom textures that you are using such as skins for the Ghosts, move them out as well).

3. DELETE all of the folders remaining.

4. Insert the Blood only mod via the links above.

5. Go into the Effects folder and check to see if there are ANY other .xmls that are NOT:

e_bullet_hits_high.xml 

If so, delete them. DO NOT DELETE THE DECALS FOLDER.

6. Load the game and see if it's still there. If not, play away!