Ghost Recon.net Forums

Agent Smith's Effects Mod: FEAR edition

Very cool! :thumbsup:

I hope to be bringin' the "red mist" to Mexico City later tonight. :o=

:snipe:

Three questions:

• Any idea how compatible this is with other mods?
  • Any order the mods should be applied in? (i.e. - blood mod first, then m4-sopmod-v1-0, then Task Force Wraith mods, etc.)
  • I noticed multiple copies of the decals.xml in the effects/decals folder, are those just extras or does the mod use them all in some way?

:huh:

:gun:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fear1id0.th.jpg

fear2er1.th.jpg

fear3ql6.th.jpg

installed with:

M-4 mod

TaskForce Wraith

1.35patch

Agent Smith,sorry couldn't wait for your reply...I NEED BLOOD!

:devil:

first two images, I was jumping between GRAW and Photoshop, that's where I noticed the blood splatter on the cement moves around. Meaning it doesn't stay there permanently. When I moved from body shots to leg shots, that's where the "pooling" occurs, wherever I'm concentrating my shots....that's not a complaint btw. That's just my 5 minutes observation.

OOoohh I got chills..... :o=

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Very cool! :thumbsup:

I hope to be bringin' the "red mist" to Mexico City later tonight. :o=

:snipe:

Three questions:

• Any idea how compatible this is with other mods?
  • Any order the mods should be applied in? (i.e. - blood mod first, then m4-sopmod-v1-0, then Task Force Wraith mods, etc.)
  • I noticed multiple copies of the decals.xml in the effects/decals folder, are those just extras or does the mod use them all in some way?

:huh:

:gun:

- Any mod that does not edit the physics, decals, any of the effects, or the removal of the blue HUD corners is compatible. However, if you prefer the Clean HUD, you can use that as well. Just make sure to hit yes when it's overwriting the frame_bl and such .XMLs.

- If my knowledge is correct, the order of when mods are installed doesn't mean a thing, the only thing that matters is if the same files are in both mods. You may overwrite one or the other, which might cause one of the mods to not work.

- Oh right! I have those as backups when I was working. Feel free to delete all of those copies, I just did a copy and paste of my Local -> English folder when I was compiling.

Edited by Agent Smith

All I can say is great job Smith. I took the .50 for a spin earlier and its crazy, the troops now fly backwards and have a big hole in their heads! Really cool effects on the walls and everything.

Just one thing I noticed, the weapons.xml in the mod overwrites the standard one so you just have to add the line with the m4 in from a backup to get the name showing up again in game.

first two images, I was jumping between GRAW and Photoshop, that's where I noticed the blood splatter on the cement moves around. Meaning it doesn't stay there permanently. When I moved from body shots to leg shots, that's where the "pooling" occurs, wherever I'm concentrating my shots....that's not a complaint btw. That's just my 5 minutes observation.

OOoohh I got chills..... :o=

From my experiences, whenever you ALT-TAB out of a game to say look at a walkthrough, the game is re-rendered because it's no longer on the screen when you switch back to it.

I having a minor tech glitch with the mod . . .

I plugged it in with my 1.35 patched, m4-sopmod-v1-0 modded version of GRAW and I get the following error:

"Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: server_standalone in type <Statsblock:global>

SCRIPT STACK

data\menu\menu.dsf(0)" :blink:

Any suggestions? :(

I plugged it in with my 1.35 patched, m4-sopmod-v1-0 modded version of GRAW and I get the following error:

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: server_standalone in type <Statsblock:global>

SCRIPT STACK

I never touched any of the networking or server stuff at all. It must be on your end for some wierd reason.

I never touched any of the networking or server stuff at all. It must be on your end for some wierd reason.

:huh::wacko::unsure:

I'll fiddle with it over the weekend . . .

I'll clean it out, do a reinstall a clean copy of the game, then patch to 1.35, put your mod in, and see what happens. If that works, I'll keep plugging mods in until I can break it. :D

Maybe we can find the squeeky wheel that way. :thumbsup:

I'm also not against the idea of it magically healing itself somehow. :lol:

since installing my game has gone really laggy?

The added physics_settings and post effects are probably causing the lag.

@Agent Smith: Nice job on this, makes the game alittle dirtier. :thumbsup:

One suggestion; how 'bout a "blood only" version for those with lower end systems and/or who don't want to modify the english sub-directory?

Well, I've got my GRAW up and running again . . . with blood, ACU & MARPAT, M4, and even a sniper scope for my SCAR-H. It runs and looks freakin' great! :thumbsup:

I don't know what the problem was, but I did a complete reinstall of the game, patched to 1.35, put the blood mod in, installed Wraith 1 & 2, installed each part of graw-m4-sopmod-v1-0 seperately (cutting the appropriate lines from any duplicate XMLs and pasting them into what was already there instead of overwriting them), and finally editing the SCAR sniper scope into the XMLs. I really liked the more realistic, moveable ragdolls . . . it adds tons to the immersion factor. Although, it is a little disturbing to put a 7.62 thorough a guys ear, watch the blood, and then have him turn around to return fire. :snipe::tomato:

I guess I need to tweek my damage settings a tad.

Now if I could just talk some kindhearted modder into making a P226 . . . :whistle:

SCRIPT STACK

Edited by Jake Hansen

Noquarter just informed me of a glitch that I didn't expect to happen. There are yellow and blue squares forming in place of bullet decals. I deleted the textures by mistake.

From my analysis, it appears that you guys getting FPS drops is due to the change of coding. The game is no longer using regular particles but is doing a software version of PhysX. This is the key reason why the FPS drop is so noticeable. I have not been able to get the splattering blood working WITHOUT PhysX, but I will now attempt to.

Here's the fixed Blood only version:

Everything that DOES NOT pertain to the blood has been deleted. This means that the edited weapons, faster single shot, no blue corners in the HUD, and physics tweaks are NOT included. However, the lasting bullet decals and blood IS in this version.

SendSpace

MegaUpload

FileFactory

Any problems, just post here or PM me. I come online every day.

Happy fragging, :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'm an official idiot. Apparently the blood DOES indeed work WITHOUT PhysX. Give me a few minutes to make the blood cloud look better and change some more particles.

Indeed, it actually peforms better without PhysX, and I'm using a 7900 GT KO!!

Edited by Agent Smith

Hmm, I can't get it to work. I have reinstalled the game, applied the patch 1.35, and extracted the zip archive into "\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter".

But the game is pure original with no new effects at all. What have I done wrong now??? Plz explain...

Hey guy,

I love the original FEAR BLOOD MOD, dont mind the glitch but I have experience a another problem. When I shoot an Ai they dont go down, even if I unload a whole clip on them, they wont go down . they go down when I'm in my own server but they dont if I join someone elses. Strange?

The only way they seem to go down is with a head shot, on top of the head. Has any on experienced this?

I used the up- dated version of the FEAR MOD and the they to go down fine but I miss the extra blood....lol.

I really like the extreme blood so I would like it to work.

So any solutions?

Ministry-ASN

I am finding a problem with the mod. I installed it over the M4 Sop Mod addon but I do not think this has anything to do with it.

When an explosion occurs the effect looks rather silly. Clouds of particles (largish irregularly shaped clumps representing, I suppose, pieces of exploded "stuff" rather than smoke or sparks) billow out of the exploded object (eg armoured car) for up to 10 seconds afterwards which fly through the air in an arc, in a kind of slo-mo effect. It slows the game down and looks out of place.

I have made this sort of error myslef when I modded some flight sim explosion effects a while back. It turned out to be due to specifying too many particles to be emitted over too long a period and was fixed quite easily by adjusting those parameters in the relevant effects file. I imagine the problem here might be similar.

Also I noticed that when I shot someone I got some blood cloud but a huge dust cloud. Not sure why but that seems odd too.. It may be related to other mods I haev installed. I am not sure.

Having said all of that the mod shows promise and I liked some of the ambience it creates.

Edited by peterm1

Hey guy,

I love the original FEAR BLOOD MOD, dont mind the glitch but I have experience a another problem. When I shoot an Ai they dont go down, even if I unload a whole clip on them, they wont go down . they go down when I'm in my own server but they dont if I join someone elses. Strange?

The only way they seem to go down is with a head shot, on top of the head. Has any on experienced this?

I used the up- dated version of the FEAR MOD and the they to go down fine but I miss the extra blood....lol.

So any solutions?

Ministry-ASN

Must be something on your end, because I never edited anything pertaining to the health of AI or yourself.

Anyway, here's the BLOOD ONLY version for Low-end users. I kind of prefer this version (With all of my regular stuff), because the PhysX actually makes the game seem like it's in "Slo-mo".

If you want to keep the other modifications I made in the full version, just delete ALL of the .XMLs in your Local -> English -> Effects folder, and just copy the e_bullet_hits_high.xml into that folder. You will now have regular particles.

However, I have noticed this: BLOOD SPLATS LESS OFTEN in this version. I have no idea why. But, there is a sound which suddenly appeared when you hit soldiers in the limbs or hands, and it makes it sound like the blood is actually splattering :devil:.

SendSpace

MegaUpload

FileFactory doesn't work :(. Doesn't respond after upload is completed.

I am finding a problem with the mod. I installed it over the M4 Sop Mod addon but I do not think this has anything to do with it.

When an explosion occurs the effect looks rather silly. Clouds of particles (largish irregularly shaped clumps representing, I suppose, pieces of exploded "stuff" rather than smoke or sparks) billow out of the exploded object (eg armoured car) for up to 10 seconds afterwards which fly through the air in an arc, in a kind of slo-mo effect. It slows the game down and looks out of place.

I have made this sort of error myslef when I modded some flight sim explosion effects a while back. It turned out to be due to specifying too many particles to be emitted over too long a period and was fixed quite easily by adjusting those parameters in the relevant effects file. I imagine the problem here might be similar.

Also I noticed that when I shot someone I got some blood cloud but a huge dust cloud. Not sure why but that seems odd too.. It may be related to other mods I haev installed. I am not sure.

The exploded "Stuff" is because of PhysX. See the post above me for the newer version without PhysX.

The dust cloud is because of something mirr added. In the version without PhysX, a dust cloud from a soldier rarely appears.

The game is emulating PhysX, and apparently bogs down performance on lower-end rigs. I even saw a FPS boost when I took out PhysX, and I'm running a 7900 GT KO!

Hey guy,

So any solutions?

Ministry-ASN

Must be something on your end, because I never edited anything pertaining to the health of AI or yourself.

Anyway, here's the BLOOD ONLY version for Low-end users. I kind of prefer this version (With all of my regular stuff), because the PhysX actually makes the game seem like it's in "Slo-mo".

If you want to keep the other modifications I made in the full version, just delete ALL of the .XMLs in your Local -> English -> Effects folder, and just copy the e_bullet_hits_high.xml into that folder. You will now have regular particles.

However, I have noticed this: BLOOD SPLATS LESS OFTEN in this version. I have no idea why. But, there is a sound which suddenly appeared when you hit soldiers in the limbs or hands, and it makes it sound like the blood is actually splattering :devil:.

SendSpace

MegaUpload

FileFactory doesn't work :(. Doesn't respond after upload is completed.

The exploded "Stuff" is because of PhysX. See the post above me for the newer version without PhysX.

The dust cloud is because of something mirr added. In the version without PhysX, a dust cloud from a soldier rarely appears.

The game is emulating PhysX, and apparently bogs down performance on lower-end rigs. I even saw a FPS boost when I took out PhysX, and I'm running a 7900 GT KO!

Well, i did what you said, but the slo-motion effects are still there... I tried to erase "e_bullet_hits_physx.xml" in "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\English\effects" dir. But its still there... What can I do?

Well, i did what you said, but the slo-motion effects are still there... I tried to erase "e_bullet_hits_physx.xml" in "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\English\effects" dir. But its still there... What can I do?

So you inserted the e_bullet_hits_high.xml in the Effects folder right? If so, just delete ALL of the .xmls besides that. If the delete key doesn't work, just right click and hit Delete.

So, I've got rid of the slo-mo effects. Good. But now my tracers are back from the weapons... How do I do now, to get no tracers??? :P

No tracers? I made a mini-mod for the [GR] Community Pack for GRAW to remove tracers. Get it here.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...c=37021&hl=

Sorry but I am totally confused. I have downloaded your blood only version (see above.) Are you saying that installation of this should fix the slo mo problem I mentioned above?

Indeed. The latest Blood only version (This one: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...d=444126&#) has the slo-mo problem removed.

Edited by Agent Smith