No Kit for secondary

Tinker

Hi,

Is it possible to run with a pistol or another kit as primary, and have Noweapon.kit as your secondary weapon?

Would the AI react to it?

Thnx

Tinker

<_<

*EDIT*

NVM, theres no possible way of checking if one has primary or secondary selected!

Bah..

Thnx for the info, will be handy in afew things.

What i was after here though was some illusions, but its not possible. You need to go through the Park, which is being patrolled, if you switch to no kit, the enemy don`t see you, but would react to triggers, if you switch back to your weapon, you become visible and vulnerable?

No wat of scripting player changed kit though!

Doh.

Tinker

What i was after here though was some illusions, but its not possible. You need to go through the Park, which is being patrolled, if you switch to no kit, the enemy don`t see you, but would react to triggers, if you switch back to your weapon, you become visible and vulnerable?

Doh.

Tinker

Sure you can switch kits on a player. I did this in mission 01 in yotm. The demolish objective wasn't added until mid-mission and I don't think I required them at mission start to run the mission.

You can trigger it however you want. I used a non player actor and a proximity to an effect marker.

Here is the code:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Enable Demo Charges Needed Group

Trigger Event:

Actor - Undercover Agent 2 is within 0 meter(s) of Zone - Demo Charge Replenish.

Responses:

Set Timer - Demo Charges Needed to expire in 20 second(s).

Enable the Group - Demo Charge Replenish script blocks.

Display "The charges are stashed in that box of fresh fish over on the platform." to all players for 6 second(s).

Group: Group - Demo Charge Replenish

Comment:

Switch Player Actor Kit

Trigger Event:

A member of player platoon is within 2 meter(s) of Effect - Demo Replenish.

Responses:

Assign "demolitions-06.kit" to (The actor nearest Effect - Demo Replenish).

Play ("tm" + (((A random integer between 1 and 2) as text) + "_start12-1.wav")) at volume 1.

Set Flag - Demo PickedUP to true.

Doh.

Tinker

Sure you can switch kits on a player. I did this in mission 01 in yotm. The demolish objective wasn't added until mid-mission and I don't think I required them at mission start to run the mission.

You can trigger it however you want. I used a non player actor and a proximity to an effect marker.

Here is the code:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Enable Demo Charges Needed Group

Trigger Event:

Actor - Undercover Agent 2 is within 0 meter(s) of Zone - Demo Charge Replenish.

Responses:

Set Timer - Demo Charges Needed to expire in 20 second(s).

Enable the Group - Demo Charge Replenish script blocks.

Display "The charges are stashed in that box of fresh fish over on the platform." to all players for 6 second(s).

Group: Group - Demo Charge Replenish

Comment:

Switch Player Actor Kit

Trigger Event:

A member of player platoon is within 2 meter(s) of Effect - Demo Replenish.

Responses:

Assign "demolitions-06.kit" to (The actor nearest Effect - Demo Replenish).

Play ("tm" + (((A random integer between 1 and 2) as text) + "_start12-1.wav")) at volume 1.

Set Flag - Demo PickedUP to true.

Hi Oso,

I was looking for a way to check using the script to see if a player switched to primary or secondary.

But it is not available unfortunatly. My only thought was to create an invisible weapon with no sounds or effects, you would need to fire, actor fired would indicate switched to no weapon, but switching back ... :(

Tinker