Article on GRAW 2 and dynamic lighting

I couldn't care less about eye-candy. It's not what makes me buy or, more importantly, keep playing a game. At some point, I'm hoping that will filter through to the bean-counters.

That was kinda my point(as a rant that the screenshots show nothing of what us pc gamers might see). the screenshot is advertising something we already have as pc's (check your vid options, you can turn dynamic lighting on and off)

So the GRAW 2 screenshots show us nothing about what we will be getting. (reminds me of all the xbox screenshots we got of GRAW1)

So what new does the pc get?

Hopefully a revised draw distance and more attention to the gameplay. Graphics are fine, time for the mechanics to catch up. This is sounding more & more like an expansion, and it sounds good to me.

Yeah but... Will the old GRAW1 maps work ... or come as stock? (thinking of matching)

so graphically speaking..is there any REAL advances in the Graphics? no. but this time based lighting ie, night to day, day to night is new but hardly anything to get excited about.

the TRUE measure of GRAW2 will be just how much GRIN/UBISOFT listen to what ###### us off.

but think about this, if GRAW NEVER gets fixed what makes them so sure they'll get GRAW2 right? if GRAW2 is a bust, then we'll have 2 jacked up games in less than 2 years time.

This GRAW/GRAW2 thing is sooo transparent. GRAW2 looks to FORCE us to buy into MS Windows vista. I'd hate to see what happens next.

But I'll be impressed if they'd show some content rather than bells and whistles. Man, if GRAW2 is Vista only..that's messed up. this is a vicious circle. MS forces game devs to make games for Vista, thereby forcing us to buy Vista, IF the games sucks..then what?

so graphically speaking..is there any REAL advances in the Graphics? no. but this time based lighting ie, night to day, day to night is new but hardly anything to get excited about.

the TRUE measure of GRAW2 will be just how much GRIN/UBISOFT listen to what ###### us off.

but think about this, if GRAW NEVER gets fixed what makes them so sure they'll get GRAW2 right? if GRAW2 is a bust, then we'll have 2 jacked up games in less than 2 years time.

This GRAW/GRAW2 thing is sooo transparent. GRAW2 looks to FORCE us to buy into MS Windows vista. I'd hate to see what happens next.

But I'll be impressed if they'd show some content rather than bells and whistles. Man, if GRAW2 is Vista only..that's messed up. this is a vicious circle. MS forces game devs to make games for Vista, thereby forcing us to buy Vista, IF the games sucks..then what?

You didn't get one of the free upgrades to vista when you bought your pc? (XP pro comes with it as of last month)

What i am wondering is... what the GRAW 1 on xbox look like without dynamic lighting since they are promoting it as a feature on xbox for GRAW2

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Got the Vista upgrade with Windows Media Center Edition or whatever. Upgrades to Vista Home when it's out, supposedly around 30 Jan. And I've caught some more promising stuff on AMD's site about 32/64 bit app's running simultaneously on Vista. No confirmation yet though...

I can see it. From what I read, imagine this:

Team enters a cathedral/church. facing from entrance to pulpit, and from the right side stained-glass windows beams of light descend through the dust at an angle, almost to the center aisle, partially obscuring anything in the far right corner. And then the obscured something opens fire...

Yeah, I can see it...

• 2 weeks later...

if we had more girls around here we could hold a beauty pagent to crown

"Ms Information 2006" :zorro:

I dont know...are you guys purposefully unhappy? Do you try to hate GRAW to feel better? I really dont know, I'm not trying some misinformation campaign...I'm posting what I've seen...

here's the link, perhaps these guys are part of a vast conspiracy against GRAW haters...they bring in positive news...its probably all false...no wait....they use Sesame Street characters to fool you and...then... DDT you at night..mwahahaha

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4443/

Mitchell: There are known Haters of the GRAW Haters. Your mission? To eliminate these targets quickly. This is a ngight time operation. Be Fast, be quick, be a ghost

Possible Known Associates of "GRAW-Haters" Haters

Surag198

Gamers Reports

...I've been up all night, so Im very very bored...very very bored

GameInformer Magazine

Ubisoft

Red Storm Entertainment

I dont know...are you guys purposefully unhappy? Do you try to hate GRAW to feel better? I really dont know, I'm not trying some misinformation campaign...I'm posting what I've seen...

hehe, that was kinda meant as a joke, we swedes sure like our play on words :)

and if you havent noticed, it would be kinda weird for me to be a graw hater, since my name is "grin_wille" which kinda indicates that I was a part of making GRAW ;)

hehe, that was kinda meant as a joke, we swedes sure like our play on words :)

and if you havent noticed, it would be kinda weird for me to be a graw hater, since my name is "grin_wille" which kinda indicates that I was a part of making GRAW ;)

no no i aboslutely apologize to you...i quoted you since you were the next post but it was intended for the poster above you...whom u quoted....anywho I guess I turned up wrong but based on that hungarian dude....well he seems to think its 3 groups, grin RSE and ubisoft working on it so I hope that means something at least....