Colin McRae Dirt

Cpl Ledanek

A MUST WATCH, PHYSICX is slow motion !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qorwAXtqxVY&amp...ted&search=

And I thought it was just me, but now I read the user-comments on that video. I had my troubles with the handling, but thought I only need to learn it. Well then, let's hope there will be some config-options in the final game.

Btw. Nice links, thanks!

• 3 months later...

If someone says "The physics are on par with Richard Burns Rally" ... I would get this for my new system. So far I don't see anyone stating that (here and other forums) so if its an eye candy pram race then I will settle for the free demo to mess about on to test my new rig when it comes.

Once you are used to Richard Burns ... nothing comes close with the feel of a SIM, but im dying for something to come along with the same physics, but the eye candy of Dirt.

If someone says "The physics are on par with Richard Burns Rally" ... I would get this for my new system. So far I don't see anyone stating that (here and other forums) so if its an eye candy pram race then I will settle for the free demo to mess about on to test my new rig when it comes.

Once you are used to Richard Burns ... nothing comes close with the feel of a SIM, but im dying for something to come along with the same physics, but the eye candy of Dirt.

with new mods ready to be downloaded and Trackbuilding possible and an official trackbuilder site...its just going to be just a matter of time, before someone, somewhere, builds tracks that are traditional rally, to these newer XGames tracks similar to Colin Dirt.

:thumbsup:

here's some video:

:thumbsup:

I had a quick go with this demo i downloaded.. I was well dissapointed with the whole steering capability, you cant even use the mouse for steeering. The pyhysics were really poor IMO.

Some of my screenshots of the replay.

Subaru Impreza.

One

Two

Three

Some Dune Buggy.

Jump

Close Up

Normal

I was just really impressed with the graphics, thats what its all about nowadays tho'.. :whistle:

Edited by squad_e

• 3 months later...

I just bought this game for the Xbox360 and it has to be the most unstable game I've ever played!

I've only played for like 2 hours but the game has crashed 7 (!) times already. Unbelievable, this game is even more unstable than Dead Rising.

It has only crashed in the menus though (usually straight after a race). The first time I started the game I didn't even get a chance to race because the game crashed right after I pressed the first button (the career-button). Not a very good first impression. Usually you don't even get a chance to save your progress before the game crash, so you will have to run your tough race once more (if not twice).

I'm selling this ###### now, which is a bummer really since the actual racing is very fun, but I'm just too frustrated.

• 3 months later...

I was just really impressed with the graphics, thats what its all about nowadays tho'.. :whistle:

Sure seems that way. :wall: The trouble with that is the WOW graphics don't last near as long as great gameplay can. :wall::wall:

did you get the PC version?

just curious coz I saw it for $14...is it worth that price? :unsure:

Nvrmind: StarForce Copyright Protection...nuff said. :angry:

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

• 2 weeks later...

:o Okay, I'd build a new PC to play that on full settings, absolutely :o

And true to my word - I did, 12 months later LOL!

This is a 90 second 16 Mb divx movie of actual in-game footage on a UK track I kinda like, recorded with fraps.

Hope you like it - DOWNLOAD.