Sniper Heaven

Warrior

Hello all.

Well, Philkilla, as far as sounds I got a great set of sounds from Thales100 that I plan to browse through further and see what I can mix up for sound. That will have to wait for the time being though till I can get other issues sorted out.

Far as prone/not prone/prone only, Thales100. I don't know if you can restrict the player in GRAW to a prone only position or not. It would make sence to fire the xm109 that way. But I fear we might have to wait till we can decompile the dxe files for that. I don't think Nemon has his decompiler ready as yet that I know of.

Noquarter, the damage for the XM-109 might not be all that different from the M-107 untill (as stated above) I can decompile the dxe files. I think a lot of what does what are in those files and I can't make the class of the XM-109 anything other then a BulletWeapon as yet. I am still testing and playing around but for now its going to pretty much be a shorter version of the M-107 far as damage ability. Vissual effects however I can most likely create new effects for the XM-109 and make it seem as if it does more then it is actually doing.

Ok here are some shots of the XM-109 in game with a basic test texture applied. Oh and I figured out how to center the weapons in the select screen better too.

xm109ingame00.jpeg

xm109ingame01.jpeg

And below are two videos of the XM-109 ingame.

Close up of animations

XM-109 prone position

Edited by Beracus

nice job :thumbsup: i hope this spurs some guys to possibly make a m14 DMR, sr25 or SPR for GRAW. those sniper systems would be more suited given the offensive nature of the missions you are given in the game. the barretts would be used primarily in a defensive role and i think the lighter sniper weapons would be better suited.

Edited by bugkill

I just ask for information:

why has everybody problems with the original designed

scopes and the new modded models? There is always space

between sight and model.

Because the aiming down ironsights and scopes is tied to the character animations. It's not a problem to lower the scope via the dummy null in max and make it look like it's attached to the weapon, but then you won't be able to aim properly. You'll be looking at a bad angle making it unusable. GRIN has released no information on how to line up your own sights. If it's something simple, I think they would have told us by now, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with re-creating lots and lots of char animation files. They haven't provided any examples and it would take a lot of trial and error to guess what the solution is. So, the next simplest solution is to put a spacer like Snowfella did in his M4 mod.

I just ask for information:

why has everybody problems with the original designed

scopes and the new modded models? There is always space

between sight and model.

Because the aiming down ironsights and scopes is tied to the character animations. It's not a problem to lower the scope via the dummy null in max and make it look like it's attached to the weapon, but then you won't be able to aim properly. You'll be looking at a bad angle making it unusable. GRIN has released no information on how to line up your own sights. If it's something simple, I think they would have told us by now, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with re-creating lots and lots of char animation files. They haven't provided any examples and it would take a lot of trial and error to guess what the solution is. So, the next simplest solution is to put a spacer like Snowfella did in his M4 mod.

Thank you! But that's not Mod - friendly ... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I am back.

Sorry I was away for so long but I had a very important member of the family pass away so I have been out of town lately.

Anyways that is now behind me and now to move on.

Also it seems I have lost my image hosting while I was away and can't reach the folk who were hosting for me. I sent Rocky a PM some time back expressing my interest in the free image hosting here but have not recieved any word back yet. It may be due to the fact that I couldn't log in to the forums.

It seems my user name didn't exsist any longer even though when I tried to create a new acount my email was still in use, Hmmmm. Anyways I used a free email for the time being to reregister and will try to get things sorted out with Rocky on that issue.

Now far as my mod. Yes I will be continuing the mod where I left off though I will not be able to post any images or video till I get some sort of hosting set up. The mods are still in pretty much the same state as they were the last time I posted in here mainly due to me being out of town as stated above but for those of you worried if they would be completed, I will ask you to put your minds to rest hahaha, they will be completed fast as I may have time to work on them. Till my next post be cool and be GOOD P )

Edited by Beracus

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all once again.

Ok first I will say I am sorry for the delay on making any newer posts. I have been very busy with work and also since the release of Microsofts new FSX my group and I have been busy with new aircraft mods as well.

The good news is that I have my original image hosting back, and a good thing as Rocky is either unable for some reasons or unwilling to reply to my PM's about image hosting here.

Now with my image hosting back I will be posting some new material shortly on the progress of this mod so be sure to pop in and check for the latest news.

Edited by Beracus

Hello and thank you GRIN_Straha for that fine tip.

Ok I am currently working on scopes as well now and if anyone has any info such as links or pics of actual scopes used on these weapons please post something here if you would. I also will need any pics if possible of the view seen within the scopes as well.

I only ask this is I am having a bit of trouble knowing how to get these to look proper. I would like to get them as close to real as I can and be fairly accurate with the type of scope that would be used.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...ficial%26sa%3DN

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...ground/m107.htm

Heres one for the XM-109 - looks the s**t!!

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,1463..._XM109,,00.html

Got loads of pics of the M82 (M107), and should prove useful. Heres a close up of the scope...

M82scope.jpg

Your doing a top job with this, I can't wait to start shooting up mexico with this gun!!! I hardly ever go sniper atm because of the bolt action M99, but this might make me always take sniper! :D Hope these links prove useful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...