SP vs MP; Coop vs TvT

ZJJ

What should the devs concentrate on to please this community?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which do you think the developers of the PC version should put the most emphasis on? This community seems to be a large MP group. Should this rendition be a MP game only? Would the community be hurt drasitically if there wasn't a SP option?

If the devs concentrate on giving us an awesome MP experience, should they spend more time on coop with a larger team or TvT with more gamemodes?

I think the poll should have had a third option - BOTH. I am a huge fan of SP and MP. Choosing between them was painful. If I said SP, it was for me. But MP would benefit the entire GR community. I chose MP but honestly I am literally 50/50 on which mode I play.

(I am referring to [GR] since GRAW has long since been uninstalled yet [GR] gets played at least once a week).

-jk

Callsign Fearful_Of_GRAW2

Edit - Clarification - I understand the poll asked "which should the developers focus on", thus tending to mean one OR the other... but I stand by my answer. What made [GR] so successful was a rich SP AND MP environment. One without the other will be considered a failure by 50% of the community. :P

I think the poll should have had a third option - BOTH.

Added. If you wish to change your vote to both. Let us know and someone shall fix it.

I vote both myself (and one reason why I added it too) with Coop for the MP portion. I think the devs should concentrate on both and not just one portion of the game as there are many who play both after all.

SP for me.

If it is the case where the devs allocate the majority of their efforts on MP and not round out the single player options (or make it compatible w/GR3) IMO it won't stand on its own.

___

Off topic:

Emphasis...

More simulation, less game, and no Hollywood.

And now I'm really in the minority.

I think the poll should have had a third option - BOTH.

Added. If you wish to change your vote to both. Let us know and someone shall fix it.

I vote both myself (and one reason why I added it too) with Coop for the MP portion. I think the devs should concentrate on both and not just one portion of the game as there are many who play both after all.

Thanks WhiteKnight! If someone could please bump my vote officially to "both" it would be appreciated!

-jk

SP for me.

If it is the case where the devs allocate the majority of their efforts on MP and not round out the single player options (or make it compatible w/GR3) IMO it won't stand on its own.

___

Off topic:

Emphasis...

More simulation, less game, and no Hollywood.

And now I'm really in the minority.

I'll bet you've just started establishment of the majority, in fact. :) Count me in as well.

one thing that needs to be addressed is, modding. being able to work a map to use them for SP missions, TVT games or custom game types.

draw distance needs to be a adjustable thing too. this way if PC's get stronger, which they will, we can adjust for longer view distances which will = longer shots for snipers and riflemen.

end of my 2 cents.

one thing that needs to be addressed is, modding. being able to work a map to use them for SP missions, TVT games or custom game types.

draw distance needs to be a adjustable thing too. this way if PC's get stronger, which they will, we can adjust for longer view distances which will = longer shots for snipers and riflemen.

end of my 2 cents.

We will cover modding in another thread. :thumbsup:

end of my 2 cents.

Kudos for the work you did with that draw distance, too. OT I know, but props is props....

Though exclusively offline thus far wrt GRAW, I voted both because the option to go online and enjoy an immersive gameplay experience is great.

What offline sorely needs though is more open-ended gameplay and/or a longer campaign. Anything less than 50 hours of offline gameplay (1$/hour) isn't going to cut it for me.

Though exclusively offline thus far wrt GRAW, I voted both because the option to go online and enjoy an immersive gameplay experience is great.

What offline sorely needs though is more open-ended gameplay and/or a longer campaign. Anything less than 50 hours of offline gameplay (1$/hour) isn't going to cut it for me.

50 hours? No offense, but, really, that's nonsense. Weigh the next movie ticket you buy with that dollar/hour rule and see how far you get. Also consider how little goes into a movie (acting, design, construction, music) compared to a videogame (Acting, design, construction, music, testing, programming, cross platform development, optimization, and so on...)

50 hours? No offense, but, really, that's nonsense.

None taken. I am well aware of what goes into making a game though and the budgets of some games are indeed approaching those of Hollywood blockbusters. (not just there yet though) I still stand by my 50 hour requirement regardless. It may be irrational but those are my expectations.

FYI, I rarely if ever go out to the movies anymore. If I really like the movie, I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD. $3.49 for a 2 hour movie comes out to less than $2/hour.

Edited by Pritzl

• 3 months later...

My votes were for MP and COOP. The reason I didn't vote for both SP and MP is that if the COOP is done right, you should be able to play all the single player missions in COOP mode. If you didn't want to get online and play with others just creat your own LAN game and then have the option to have AI for teammates or go solo and play whatever mission you like. I'm not really fond of SP campaigns. The whole time I'm playing a mission I'm sitting there wishing I had more intelligent people to work with. Someone I can talk to over the head set and we can communicate back and forth what we are seeing. If COOP is done right and well, there should be no need for a single player campaign.

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are the sole responsibility of the poster and in no way reflect the views of GRIN or GR.net. Those wishing to complain about said views can do so while keeping in mind that the poster probably couldn't care less since it is his own opinion and does not wish to push his unorthodox views on others.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely MP, both TvT and Coop. Personally i didn't even finished the SP campaign, it didn't excite me as much as playing with human teammates or foes, which is enormously better and longlasting. But the problems of MP in GRAW were soooo big :wall: that really made a lot of people here in Italy leave it in favour of other games.... So this time, please, give us a fully implemented MP mode in GRAW2!!!!!