GRAW 2 - New GameInformer Mag - No mention of PC Version

It would figure though. They'd produce a version of the game for 64-bit/Vista ONLY, just to enjoy the mutual (relative) exclusivity.

I'd say any developer not doing this is a bit stupid and not seeing what is going on right NOW on the hardware and os side. 32-bit will be out in about a year or so, it's just waisted time to develop a 32-bit version for a release next summer. This based on that Microsoft has said that DX10 drivers won't be available for XP, so for full DX10 support you'd have to move on to Vista, which every new graphics software will require in the not to distant future. It'll just be one of those waves like in 1995 when the P1 and Win95 became avaialble and everyone had to switch systems if they wanted to use the new stuff. Still Core Duo has been available for some time now so the users have already started to make that transition. And as they told the public about this about a year ago it's not really comming as a shock to the users... Personally I think Mirocsoft is doing the right thing for once, it's time to stop having 5-10 different windows versions around that you have to update and make things compatible with. Let's concentrate on just 1 instead, and a buffer zone of one year after release should be enough to make it stable as Vista has been in beta for a long time now.

But that's just my two cents. Wait we don't have cents... That's just my two öre.

With the advent of Vista and directx 10 video cards, what happens to older games like GR and Raven Shield? Will you be able to play them or not?

My guess is that it'll be like it is now with win95/98 games. Some sort of compatible mode that works sometimes...

Dx10 cards won't be the problem though. DX is backward compatible, just wont be updated for the older operating systems. They did say way back that a new version of Dx9 would come for XP when DX10/Vista was released. We'll see if that happens and what features that will hold in that case.

Edited by Wolfsong

I think GRAW is the best in the series.
:rofl: you're too funny....stop it.

and Rocoafz, you and I and evrybody knows that Armed Assault is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Just because the option is there which can be switched on or off, dowsnt make it a 3rd person shooter.

I can't see GRIN getting the PC gig, if there is a PC version at all - it was a flop despite sales. People got duped and they won't fall for it again.

If RSE decides to produce it I'd be prepared to have another look.

I'm a big fan of ofp. I'm a big fan of gr1.

I'm going to have fun playing the 'kiddy' graw2 on the xbox360 instead of throwing a tantrum on the internet because the majority of people don't agree with my stupid ideas of what's good and what isn't.

Edit: That's majority of videogame players, not majority of stubborn gr.net forum members.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

We bring you the world-exclusive first look at the next evolution of Ubisoft's Ghost Recon franchise that will be appearing next year on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Everything that made Advanced Warfighter excellent in its first incarnation on the 360 will be taken to the next level in this sequel, from the Cross Com to the outstanding visual effects. Advanced Warfighter 2 will take players to both sides of the Mexican border this time around, and we have the inside scoop on what this will entail for squad-based action fans.

It's a custom engine from the Ubi Montreuil team, a big evolution from the one used in GRAW. They are *really* proud of what they achieved, and they really love working on the 360.

This could be a serious problem. They are redoing the whole engine, it's been completely reworked. I'm not a genius and my brain tells me: who will convert said engine from console to said PC????

Who will make sure PC gamers get the kind of game they save money for???

Who will invest in a small vocal group of opinionated forum posters???

Who will make sure Michelle (PARIS ubisoft version of Mitchel) doesn't run around like a lonny-toon on speed???

I Know.......it's gotta be......

TOM "the man" CLANCY

SUPER TOM TO THE RESCUE!!!

WITH HIS RARE POWERS OF REALISM AND FUTURE PROJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SUPER TROOPER TOM CLANCY EVERYONE!!!!! w00t

GIVE HIM A BONE AND HE'LL MAKE A COUNTER TERRORIST NOVEL BASED ON HIS OWN MOVIE BASED ON SEMI-REAL EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TOM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. anyone consider asking Tom for help and/or best infiltration techniques to UBISOFT PARIS????

I think GRAW is the best in the series.
:rofl: you're too funny....stop it.

and Rocoafz, you and I and evrybody knows that Armed Assault is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Just because the option is there which can be switched on or off, dowsnt make it a 3rd person shooter.

I can't see GRIN getting the PC gig, if there is a PC version at all - it was a flop despite sales. People got duped and they won't fall for it again.

If RSE decides to produce it I'd be prepared to have another look.

POW that is the point... if you can go 3rd person then it sucksorz for matching.

With the advent of Vista and directx 10 video cards, what happens to older games like GR and Raven Shield? Will you be able to play them or not?

I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to just that very question from Microsoft myself. Should have one NLT Tuesday next week, as the question has supposedly been put before folks in the know of such things. I'd first guess that, as previously supposed, there will be a 'compatability' mode option available for folks to run non-Vista software in Vista. THAT would make sense, just as the same made sense with XP. But as another pointed out, the push to mutually secure sales for one another has the hardware gurus (AMD, Intel, Asus, etc.) and Microsoft in a position where they may benefit just as much from excluding non-Vista software.

Interesting sidebar here: We've been wondering elsewhere why only 6 months after GRAW's PC release there's already talk of GRAW2. With Vista on the horizon, I'd bet my last Tootsie Pop that any GRAW2/PC would be VISTA-ONLY. Enough of us GR fans laid down MAD dough for hardware upgrades to run GRAW that I'm sure they could count on a number of us to lay the smack down for Vista, if only to play GRAW2.

It's a thought anyhow...

Interesting sidebar here: We've been wondering elsewhere why only 6 months after GRAW's PC release there's already talk of GRAW2. With Vista on the horizon, I'd bet my last Tootsie Pop that any GRAW2/PC would be VISTA-ONLY. Enough of us GR fans laid down MAD dough for hardware upgrades to run GRAW that I'm sure they could count on a number of us to lay the smack down for Vista, if only to play GRAW2.

It's a thought anyhow...

I wouldn't say, for sure. Usually the vista only games are part of larger exclusivity deals with microsoft, and considering the fact that the game is announced for psp and ps3 we don't really have any reason to believe the game will be vista only. Wouldn't be surprised if it was, though.

I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to just that very question from Microsoft myself. Should have one NLT Tuesday next week, as the question has supposedly been put before folks in the know of such things. I'd first guess that, as previously supposed, there will be a 'compatability' mode option available for folks to run non-Vista software in Vista. THAT would make sense, just as the same made sense with XP. But as another pointed out, the push to mutually secure sales for one another has the hardware gurus (AMD, Intel, Asus, etc.) and Microsoft in a position where they may benefit just as much from excluding non-Vista software.

It's a thought anyhow...

It would make sense rabbi... .as Microsoft is pushing to make a common gaming platform that is XBOX and PC compatible... AKA XNA + Game studio express. All pc/xbox games would have keyboard support + xbox controller support out of the box. Welcome to the furture, where console and PC collide.

Check this also...

Vista has a considerable impact on gamers, as Microsoft has announced several titles that will run only on the new operating system, including the PC versions of Halo 2 and Shadowrun
from

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161392.html

Bummer for some. I'm personally looking forward to Vista (once patched, cuz you KNOW it'll be problems out of the box) and intend to have it up and running on the new laptop as soon as it's available. ASSUMING, that is, that there WILL be a compatibility with older XP-compatible software (like GRAW, SCDA, BF2, etc.). I took a look around Microsoft's Vista site and applied my BS filter (trained since the original Windows desktop to sniff out MS's faults), and still think it's gonna be a good system. Cliche: "I like what you've done with the place, Mr. Gates..."

My understanding is that Directx 10 is reverse compatible with Directx 9 games. However, directx 10 games will only run on Vista, and all future games at some point will be directx 10, so you will have to buy Vista.

Dx9 games in Dx9 won't be a problem, just like DX8 games run fine in DX9.

It's the operating system that will cause the issues. The big question is how well XP games will work in Vista. Or 95/98 games for that matter, which I have piles of great titles for, who didn't really run to well in XP even in the "compatible" mode.

I have no intentions of upgrading anytime soon, Ive been looking around the site and reall, when it comes down to it, I dont really care. XP works fine for anything I want to do, which is mostly email and internet use.

I do like the new window system however, but its over the top I think, MAC OSX manages windows perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Different dev teams = different engines = this not mattering at all, really. Ask Grin, or whoever ubi has developing graw2 pc.

no disrespect to GRIN, they made a good game on it's own, (if you take away the expectations of gr1'ers) but who is the developer this time around?

RSE would be interesting. as could BI. And I guess GRIN might be able to take the feedback they've gotten and do something a lil different.

but who is it? with early 07 releases, it's got to be deep into development by now.