Armed assault 3rd person view?

In flashpoint you could use first and third person views, it was very handy when you were driving something, but it was a switchable thing and I think the server could enable or disable it for everyone.

Handy yes... but not in a way i would like. (since as you should know we were/are a Ghost Recon clan). 3rd person can give you some unrealistic advantages. (vehicles i don't care as much about but with the soldier i do)

I played OFP briefly and i couldn't remember if it did.

3rd Person is definatly conviniant for driving vehicles, but it also let you kind of "cheat".

Not only with looking around corners but also if you reach the top of a hill, you can watch over it without exposing yourself.

But its not only great for stuff like that, showing of animations, but with that option enabled you can make really beautifull screenshots, I think that also is why you see a lot of stuff now in 3rd person :thumbsup:

But as said here, luckely you can turn it off :)

The question is... and i don't i know this

Will ladders enforce it... if the game is ladderable

and is there a way to see if the server has it on or off

Finally ... having the view you know normally leads to someone finding a way to turn it on and cheat... like names in GR1 which was susposed to be a sp only cheat

Bassicly Armed assault has difficulty Levels.

3rd person is one of the options in that.

What ever the server settings deficulty level is you will have to play using. Which is pretty big you can turn off things like reticules etc.

ladders may or may not. It could be optional or may be inforced to either allow or disallow it. It depends on the ladder.

Edited by Prozac360

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Turn it off - that and the reticule - use the iron sights and guess work for aiming and you'll have a really hard game but WHAT a game.

The third person view is OK when driving - but I tried flying a Harrier and god thats hard with 3rd person....... :no:

Rich

3rd Person view is nice when you're getting transport from one location to another. It allows you to spin around the vehicle and look at the scenery.

Personally I don't like it when the action starts as I find it a bit disconcerting, but as has been said, it your worried about the cheat aspect, then the server settings can turn it off.