Your GRAW Zen moments

Pritzl

Bad as I am, I absolutely love the following:

1. Sniping unsuspecting snipers, with a regular SCAR-L no less. It brings a satisfaction all of its own.

2. Having my AI teammates so well set up in a firefight that I don't have to kill anyone myself.

3. Although I've only managed it once thus far, I was able to shoot an enemy trooper through a vehicle with the sniper 0.50 cal. The bullet went through the driver's door, the passenger door, the guy and made a nice big round hole in the wall behind him! Brought a grin to my face... :devil: ... until his friends nailed me. :(

What are your favourite moves/moments from GRAW?

Edited by Pritzl

3. Although I've only managed it once thus far, I was able to shoot an enemy trooper through a vehicle with the sniper 0.50 cal. The bullet went through the driver's door, the passenger door, the guy and made a nice big round hole in the wall behind him! Brought a grin to my face... :devil: ... until his friends nailed me. :(

In SP I shot one .50 cal through the Panzhard (sp.) windscreen and penetrated the skull of the driver and the passenger's in the compartement behind. That was one sweet shot, very Zen indeed.

In MP there are so much "OMG", and on the otherside "######", to even remember.

Warehouses... mp tvt. From the 1st crate upper east side of map to the middle door west side of map. Sniper saw me pick someone off so he peeked out and back to take a look. Instead of waiting for him i put the sniper round right through the tin wall. Gotta love, car doors, tin walls and telephone poles as the sniper will go right through them. I must have killed that guy 5 times there as it was a 5 max death server. I don't think he ever did spot me.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I have to say.. anytime I square off with someone in a 1 v 1 situation where we exchange shots back and forth.. knowing where each other is... ducking from car to car.. wall to wall .. then finally.. one of the players falls for the last time..

Anytime I am in one of those situations.. win or lose.. it's alaways a good time..

Nice examples. Keep 'em coming.

This is one of them GRIN_jj :grin3:

LMAO! Yeah, I had one of those too albeit in IL-2 Sturmovik. Oleg Maddox, sim God and designer of the game, showed up on a preannounced Ubi server meet. Naturally, he had a price on his head but there were like 5-6 other 1c:Maddox people covering the boss's ass. I hopped on in to my favourite plane, the Bf109F-4 and shot both him and one of his wingmen down. 'twas beautiful! :rocky:

Reading the manual.

Written in the spirit of Zen - so few words with possibly much hidden meaning.

*sound of one hand clapping* for the manual

Unless you mean the PDF one on the CD, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. The cpu giveaway version comes in a pitiful paper sleeve. :mellow:

Reading the manual.

Written in the spirit of Zen - so few words with possibly much hidden meaning.

*sound of one hand clapping* for the manual

Unless you mean the PDF one on the CD, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. The cpu giveaway version comes in a pitiful paper sleeve. :mellow:

It was pure sarcasm. You will quickly learn that OliverReed doesn't like GR:AW and doesn't hesitate say so in different ways.

Welcome to GR.net!

my best moment was playing one of the top members on the BDA server, on the church map, i tossed a grenade up2 were i thought he was, (top of the stairs) not only was he there but i managed 2 land the nade on the top of the thin wall right next 2 him, he had the chance 2 look at it just b4 it blew him straight 2 well, he had 2 flick over on teamspeak 2 congratulate me on the pinpoint accurate nade. Made my day :)

In the Guardrail mission, I shot a sentry through a car window and the alarm went off. I was floored! The icing on the cake would have been if it had garnered some response from the AI but frankly I never hung around long enough to find out if other sentries came to investigate.

Sneaking up behind SOK when they were trying to spawn rape the noobs that were playing on the other team in our server one night. They never checked there back and i ran around and popped each of them then camped outside there spawn and shot them in the back as they ran by. Next map... all SOK had left...

Priceless.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Sneaking up behind SOK when they were trying to spawn rape the noobs that were playing on the other team in our server one night. They never checked there back and i ran around and popped each of them then camped outside there spawn and shot them in the back as they ramn buy. Next map... all SOK had left...

Priceless.

:D

i can feel the enlightment in this one

nice one roco :thumbsup:

guess i have had my moments but not one that can be concidered Zen.

though the few times that one on one firefights cqb were there are always great.

note firefights not shootings,

but once i was in a siege server, and sneaked up on the siege spot

stronghold map, fighting was fierce and sporting no name calling only a good fibe

with a lot of "nice shot m8" and other remarks like that :D

that alone is a moment of zen appriciating the opponent :thumbsup:

which this community has fortunatly i love it

but back to the siege,

on the stronghold map you have the power station as siege spot and you can enter it

by sneaking round the right side of the map

i saw one firefight at centre of the map and more to the left side so i avoided the battles

everyone seemed to be pre occupied with fighting and less with defending

i still have no clue to how they forgot to defend as i sat in the siege spot for 20 points i think and won the game

for the team

i know this is something other do very often but this one time was special for me

it felt so good :D not a shot fired in that run :ph34r:

a week ago I said to myself that I would wait 1 more week for the patch...

uninstalling GRAW...That was my moment of Zen

Now... if you had said 2 weeks, you'd be good to go.

First zen moment for me was running towards the Embassy (m03?) when it blows up, the smoke effects were awesome. I replayed that exact moment several times.

Also, throwing a frag into the backdoor of a vehicle just as 2 or 3 guys are about to jump out, and watching them slump back in their seats after the explosion. Is it bad to find that cool?

nope :P

i had such a moment just before the embassy where you have the armoured car driving past you after the ambush moment,

i hit it with two GL's and it crashed into the cars on the right side of the street

a huge explosion followed and it was greatly satisfying

Another great moment (not a tactic though): I was in the penultimate mission, fierce resistance and after breaking down the door I experienced the most believable sequence ever! I had disposed of one gunman and was getting ready to deal with the other one (second floor balcony, in the courtyard) and saw him not only duck for cover but run from column to column as he tried to go around us for a better angle. The great thing was that he did it in short spurts, darting from column to column. Hiding long enough after each dash to catch his breath or something. After a while though I finally had him lined up timing-wise and prepared to lead the shot for his next dash. But surprise surprise this time he just stays put and when I try to move around for a better angle at him, sure enough he pops his head out and gives me a couple of rounds. Only a quick and very lucky headshot saved me from disaster, but I was so damaged, the next ricochet killed me.

Seriously though, I have never ever seen AI move as intelligently and plausibly as that, in any game, period. Yes, it was a Mexican special forces dude.

It was such a great gaming moment, it almost made up for the rather lousy tank movement a few moments earlier. :P

Edited by Pritzl