Your GRAW Zen moments

My fav Zen moment was a few weeks ago on warehouse seige. Was within the first few minutes of the round. I ran from Mexican spawn on first round, along the left side of the map heading for the warehouse. no sooner enter Delta sector and run into two Tangos. I drop both quickly, run into the warehouses first store area, drop to a knee and reload. Next I rush the main area and run into yet another tango, drop him in a quick burst, run around the back of the warehouse and exit out the back door.

Pieing the door way checking for more rushing tangos I clear the back alley. I stay there for just a few seconds, waiting to see if one of the recently deceased and born again tangos will try and come in the back door. Once I am happy no one is coming down the alley, I move up to the next building. I see that ISK_Leeke is dropping people like flies, so I rush around the US back field and see Leeke sniping over the fence. No sooner I see him, I see one other tango standing near him looking my way. one quick burst in to un named tango then one to Leeke's head takes out his rifle.

I push my back against the wall I am standing near, reload the rifle and wait. three or four guys rush around both sides in a span of about 20 seconds and I drop most of them. Then they get smart and slowly move around the building I am backed against. Hearing both, but not sure which will move first, I hold up trying to stay quiet. then they move, the left first, I think. Then the right. As I take aim on the left and let loose a salvo of 5.56mm from the SCAR-L, gun fire erupts from behind me and my reign of death is ended.

Long story short....in case your just scanning. I dropped 6-8 guys in a span of the first few minutes of the round and took leeke out. I felt so at one with my machine (pc and rifle) like never before. It was just one of them rounds. At the end I had 18 kills and 3 deaths.

BTW check out BDA if you havent already. Beer Drinking Assassins

Mine was a particular round I played, I think in AFZ's server in the pre-SADS days. DOMINATION mode, ALLEYS map. That street that runs along the north (I think) edge of the map? Yeah, I PWNed it. 13 kills, only 1 death. I was severe ninja that night. For one round. On one map. Like a one-night stand with Jenna Jameson, it was everything I had ever dreamed of... and then it was gone...

Looking back, I would say as far as SP.... Section Split really. I like it better when it works. Simply I split up the team, have two flankers, two shooters (or in most cases me). Fire some rounds at something to get it's attention and then get it firing my way, then send the flankers in. If you time it right, you can pull off some good kills easy, but I'd recommend it if you mod the AI to be smarter. You've got less chance of success with stock AI settings.

Then again, another Zen moment is the "strip" in VIP2 is down after neutralizing the convoy. It's just a good blend of fire and maneuver that I had to put more enemies in due to the fact I was doing fairly great in owning that area.

Mine was a particular round I played, I think in AFZ's server in the pre-SADS days. DOMINATION mode, ALLEYS map. That street that runs along the north (I think) edge of the map? Yeah, I PWNed it. 13 kills, only 1 death. I was severe ninja that night. For one round. On one map. Like a one-night stand with Jenna Jameson, it was everything I had ever dreamed of... and then it was gone...

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Some zen moments for me...

Sniping the pilot of one helicopter on Ready for Bear so that it went into a spin and crashed right into the other one which was right above me. Havok parts just raining all around me. I've never been able to redo that one.

Managing to place a headshot with the bullet in the chamber while making a tactical reload. Unfortunately I got killed before I could finish the full reload, but I got one kill more :)

Also, finishing mission03 in COOP on hard setting with a fellow animator, it was a epic battle outside that embassy and the adrenaline rush after getting into that evac chopper was enormous.

And a small one: While standing on top of the multistory building in the shanty map, I found myself tilting my head to be able to see further down. I haven't done that one in many other games.

And a small one: While standing on top of the multistory building in the shanty map, I found myself tilting my head to be able to see further down. I haven't done that one in many other games.

i often do that when my tent is up there :D

great move and it will get you the shots, and sometimes the shot in the head and you find yourself back in the lobby

but the move is very handy indeed, one more plus to graw :D

oh i had one today, it was on an english server, com station. i moved between levels on the guard tower

and had a killing spree, some one sneaking below in the dark spot, trying to get to the doorway, i just popped over the edge and shot him

he never knew what hit him :P

i love that building

I think he actually meant his real physical head? As in trying to see around the edge of the screen. If so, I do that constantly in IL-2 but thankfully the purchase of a TrackIR makes me seem less like a dork when doing so. Forgetting the stupid reflector on when I go to the store though doesn't. :P

I had a very good sniping game last week. In the BPR server I found a spot on the map where GL's couldn't reach me and I could get up, aim, shoot duck, reload, get up aim, shoot, duck and so on. Got 13 kills, only when I tried to get in the siege zone I got shot...... A lot of people got quit frustrated by the duck, get up and shoot tactic.

I am a sniper mostly, my rig and I are not fast enough to do proper close quarters combat in GRAW, sometimes I'm lucky but mostly in small amps I'm the first to get shot..... knowing locations where you can hide, take aim and shoot properly helps me out, though some people don't like that kind of people. I say in real life you only have one life, so A soldier has to use his eyes very well, never run in to stuff.

The new soundcard I bought a month ago helped me well too, in close quarters I hear people coming now...... and sometimes I can suprise them. But still I love sniping, and hope for more large maps and a better draw distance in GRAW2

picture this...

shanty town HH, i am in my same old camping place,

i have a room there....

and beneath my penthouse i hear some one sneaking towards our spawn zone, any one familiar with the spot ??

i look down and see a head, slowly moving, i grab a nade, just for the fun of it

and i see him go down on his belly, you know he tries the low profile thing, well you know that is not wise when a nade hangs above your head :P offcourse he did not know otherwise he would have straightend from crouch....

i know to throw it not too hard, so it would land just there where he could see it,

and YES right in front of him, HE sees it, and i see him hurry up to get on his feet.

I LOVE THE SHORT FUSE !

next i see is "sui317 blew up grin_bumbi"

followed by a compliment :D

and to make it more a kram*bda* thing (he did post about that weekend here)

still there still the same old life, i see someone running from the opposite spawn towards the opposite shanty

and from my room i can see in the staircase of the lower roof

i know some tango would be stupid enough to go there without checking my room first thing :P

my lovely Scar H silenced lengthens my thoughts in to the virtual material, as i see one entering the roof

again grin bumbi

OH JOY

i did appologize because it can be so frustrating when some one has got

these moments of joy

hope to see you again,

DAMN i told my secret room tactic OOPS.

btw bumbi if you are reading this.... i got server disconnected did you get disconnected ??

cause if you did, ask GRiN JesseJames to organize some lovely (LALALALA) test games :D

i enjoyed those so much :D preferably when its after six and just for fun :)

those were my early Xmas games

Edited by sui317