REDSTORM/QUESTION?

CNUTTZZNC

1. I SNIPE ALL OF THE TIME BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU, UBISOFT HAS TO BALANCE OUT THE RUNNINIG SPEED OF SNIPERS. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL A SNIPER CARRYING A .5O CAL SNIPER RIFLE IS GOING TO RUN THE SAME SPEED AS A SNIPER CARRYING A SR 25 ETC. FAR AS THAT GOES ALL AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN SHOULD RUN SLOW AS WELL. IT JUST SEEMS TO ME , IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH CLASS IS SELECTED THEY ALL RUN THE SAME SPEED. 2. WHY CAN'T REDSTORM LEAVE THE DEAD ON THE SCREEN? HELL IF ZIPPER CAN LEAVE THE DEAD ON THE SCREEN IN GAMES SUCH AS SOCOM 1,2, AND 3 ON THE PS2 IT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM TO ADD THAT FOR THE XBOX 360! ONE MORE THING SOCOM 3 HAS 16 VS 16 MATCHES! GRAW IS STILL A GOOD GAME BUT REDSTORM SHOULD LOOK AT SOME OF THE GAME MODES SOCOM OFFERS. WITH THAT BEING SAID GRAW IS STILL THE BETTER GAME.

1. I SNIPE ALL OF THE TIME BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU, UBISOFT HAS TO BALANCE OUT THE RUNNINIG SPEED OF SNIPERS. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL A SNIPER CARRYING A .5O CAL SNIPER RIFLE IS GOING TO RUN THE SAME SPEED AS A SNIPER CARRYING A SR 25 ETC. FAR AS THAT GOES ALL AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN SHOULD RUN SLOW AS WELL. IT JUST SEEMS TO ME , IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH CLASS IS SELECTED THEY ALL RUN THE SAME SPEED. 2. WHY CAN'T REDSTORM LEAVE THE DEAD ON THE SCREEN? HELL IF ZIPPER CAN LEAVE THE DEAD ON THE SCREEN IN GAMES SUCH AS SOCOM 1,2, AND 3 ON THE PS2 IT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM TO ADD THAT FOR THE XBOX 360! ONE MORE THING SOCOM 3 HAS 16 VS 16 MATCHES! GRAW IS STILL A GOOD GAME BUT REDSTORM SHOULD LOOK AT SOME OF THE GAME MODES SOCOM OFFERS. WITH THAT BEING SAID GRAW IS STILL THE BETTER GAME.

SOMEONE ASKED WAY BACK WHEN THIS GAME CAME OUT "CAN YOU HAVE DIFFERENT SOLDIERS RUN AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS BASED ON LOADOUT?

THE ANSWER I RECALL WAS.....TO ADD SOMETHING LIKE THAT REALLY ADDS TO THE DYNAMICS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE GAME ENGINE. WE COULD ADD THAT TO GRAW BUT IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN TIME, TALENT, AND SYSTEM RESOURCES TO DO SO.

PERSONALLY I DON'T MIND THE IGNORING OF THIS ASPECT.

AS FOR THE DIFFERENTIAL IN SPEED BETWEEN A SNIPER AND RIFLEMAN.....IT WOULD SEEM TO ME THAT A RIFLEMAN WITH 300 ROUNDS MIGHT TRAVEL ROUGHLY AS FAST AS A 50 CAL SNIPER WITH ONLY 130 ROUNDS OF AMMO......AS FOR THE SUPPORT SOLDIER WITH A HEAVY GUNNER AND 800 ROUNDS....WELL ok, HE WOULD TRAVEL PRETTY SLOW OVERALL.

SENDING NETWORK PACKETS FOR CHARACTERS ALL MOVING DIFFERENT SPEEDS INCREASES BANDWIDTH AND INCREASES THE CHANCES OF LAG AND CHARACTER WARPING, ETC. KEEPING ALL CHARACTERS MOVING THE SAME SPEED REDUCES THE CHANCES THAT A FEW DROPPED PACKETS OVER A CONNECTION WOULD CAUSE YOUR SHOT NOT TO REGISTER, FOR EXAMPLE.

SENDING NETWORK PACKETS FOR CHARACTERS ALL MOVING DIFFERENT SPEEDS INCREASES BANDWIDTH AND INCREASES THE CHANCES OF LAG AND CHARACTER WARPING, ETC. KEEPING ALL CHARACTERS MOVING THE SAME SPEED REDUCES THE CHANCES THAT A FEW DROPPED PACKETS OVER A CONNECTION WOULD CAUSE YOUR SHOT NOT TO REGISTER, FOR EXAMPLE.

I dont know much about networking but i know sniping is by far the most prone to lag. So certain thing have to be balanced to achieve the most stable connection. I think sniping could be made better and more important in GR games if the reticule disappeared when your player moves faster than a walk. It would slow the gameplay down and reward sniping. The game plays much better at a slower rate. This was perfectly illustrated by the UK FUSE tournament, where the friendly and enemy ids were turned off. The game became more tactical due to the increased danger of team kills. Its the small things that affect gameplay the most.

I dont know much about networking but i know sniping is by far the most prone to lag. So certain thing have to be balanced to achieve the most stable connection. I think sniping could be made better and more important in GR games if the reticule disappeared when your player moves faster than a walk. It would slow the gameplay down and reward sniping. The game plays much better at a slower rate. This was perfectly illustrated by the UK FUSE tournament, where the friendly and enemy ids were turned off. The game became more tactical due to the increased danger of team kills. Its the small things that affect gameplay the most.

Serellan, I understand it may cause lag however games like the new rainbow six, socom 3, did allow different speeds for characters . It was as simple as this the heavier the load the slower you moved. Socom 3 was made for the ps2, and that game had 16 versus 16 matches, different speeds for characters, it displayed the dead on the screen, and you were also capable of customizing your weapons with different scopes, bipods, laser beams etc. Now I have a few questions. Graw was made for the 360 why didn't it allow any of these features in it. I understand RB6 is made by another team but that game does allow you to customize your weapon.

here are my question for graw 2

1. will graw 2 have more pistols this time around?

2. will turrets be put back into siege games?

3. can we customize our weapons?

4. will the dead appear on the screen?

5. will there be skins available for weapons?

6. will rounds be added to matches?

7. will there be clan support?

8. will stats be saved such as kills, deaths etc?

9. will there be a new attack slash defend mode like rainbow 6?

10. will there be stealth attacks (knife/rifle butts etc? (splinter cell)

11. will we have actual modes for good guys vs terrorist? (can we distinguish between good characters over the bad characters?)

thanks

here are my question for graw 2

1. will graw 2 have more pistols this time around?

2. will turrets be put back into siege games?

3. can we customize our weapons?

4. will the dead appear on the screen?

5. will there be skins available for weapons?

6. will rounds be added to matches?

7. will there be clan support?

8. will stats be saved such as kills, deaths etc?

9. will there be a new attack slash defend mode like rainbow 6?

10. will there be stealth attacks (knife/rifle butts etc? (splinter cell)

11. will we have actual modes for good guys vs terrorist? (can we distinguish between good characters over the bad characters?)

thanks

This is not the forum for GRAW 2 questions.