Rummy resigns

FA sear

With form CIA director, Robert M. Gates, nominated to replace him.

Well, with the number of Dems that have been targeting him for years now, Bush obviously needed to make a change that was significant enough to show that he is willing to work with the New Democratic majority. I wonder how it will all pan out.

I think are all wondering.. the Republican party needs to accept the defeat, and move on, make changes and come back in '08 with a platform they can stick too.

Americans spoke loud and clear yesterday.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life. -- Teddy Roosevelt

link

Bush obviously needed to make a change that was significant enough to show that he is willing to work with the New Democratic majority

Is it enough though? I mean, the history of dealings that man has been involved in (rummy), stepping down realy is just a token gesture to pat the people on the head and say "there you go".

Willing to work and shuffling a few things is one thing but realy making some change is completely another. It certainly is a very interesting time indeed and on many levels too.

Bush obviously needed to make a change that was significant enough to show that he is willing to work with the New Democratic majority

Is it enough though? I mean, the history of dealings that man has been involved in (rummy), stepping down realy is just a token gesture to pat the people on the head and say "there you go".

Willing to work and shuffling a few things is one thing but realy making some change is completely another. It certainly is a very interesting time indeed and on many levels too.

LOL, for some nothing will ever be enough, but I don't think Bush really needs to satisfy everyone. If he can satisfy just enough people then it may be "good enough". I'm sure he has his trigger on a couple other things he can do should this move not suffice.

I think are all wondering.. the Republican party needs to accept the defeat, and move on, make changes and come back in '08 with a platform they can stick too.

Americans spoke loud and clear yesterday.

So true, so very true.

The Rumsfeld resignation was long overdue. The President would have been wise to accept it the firest time it was offered, as anyone who spends 2/3 of his time defending himself and his decisions to the Congress and the public is ineffective, clearly.

As for Americans speaking loud and clear on election day, that's for certain. What's not certain is what they SAID, aside from "We don't want to fund our military anymore, just like in the Clinton era."

The result of the above is that I'm not the only senior NCO in my unit who's talked openly about leaving the country at soonest legal opportunity, perhaps for good. I am, to say the VERY least, disgusted...

The old man was a victim of the media more than any of his decisions. He was a sex symbol (set him up) in the first administration and the grim reaper (knock him down) in the current one. At least you knew where he stood,

(although he threw me with the cancellation with the Crusader), and he stood his ground.

Good luck to the new SecDef.

The result of the above is that I'm not the only senior NCO in my unit who's talked openly about leaving the country at soonest legal opportunity, perhaps for good. I am, to say the VERY least, disgusted...

Stay on the kibbutz Rabbi...take a good long look around, just where do you think you can go?

I'm sure he [bush] has his trigger on a couple other things he can do should this move not suffice.

I bet he certainly does indeed :zorro:

If he can satisfy just enough people

Thats the kicker - just enough isnt the majority nor is it the rest of the world or other countries, which is a shame, as they are the ones having the ripple effect landing at there doorstep(s).

Time will tell although im not holding my breath .. much.

Rummy is a shifty sort at best and him resigning isnt anything to cheer about, why, because he still gets a decent pay off he still has links to all his business dealings and hes now not in the frontline to take the flack and can stay out in the background which is perfect. They have now swapped him with pretty much the same type of guy with the same amount of shifty dealings/links, so ... basicly its business as usual in that position.

You only have to look at our (UK) good old charles clarke swapped over from David Blinkett (yes I did say blinkett), same hymn sheet (ID cards, war on terror bla bla bla) same thing .. and look at blunkets history, great stuff, not.

My view only of course.