Gears of War - Today!

Sup

The graphics look amazing. The only thing about this game is that it has somewhat of a cartoon aspect to it. The whole horror genre is a bit lame IMO. I found this to be the case in Halo when I encountered the flood.

I know alot of people like the horror aspect to a game, but for me personally, I find it to be a bit boring.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying that GOW is a bad game, as I have not run it yet, I'm just saying that the whole horror genre is something I can do without. It is pretty much like the movies I watch, I find the whole horror genre really boring. Frankly Saving Private Ryan had me more on the edge of my seat than any horror movie has.

OFP really had me on the edge of my seat, as you never know when a round will come flying out of nowhere and take you down. Man, I wish Armed Assault would make it onto the 360.

Regardless of my opinion, I think GOW will be an awesome game. Maybe not my cup of tea, but objectively speaking it looks to be well made and pretty well thought out. I will probably try it out anyway, that is when the 360 gets its new processor in 2007. So many new titles to choose from.

I'm not saying you will like GOW, but you might actually be surprised. From everything I've heard the tactical/military aspect is played up a lot more than the horror side (all within the overall scifi plot, of course.)

Also, according to the early reviews, framerate problems are nonexistant. Finally somebody is using the 360 hardware right. :)

I'm not saying you will like GOW, but you might actually be surprised. From everything I've heard the tactical/military aspect is played up a lot more than the horror side (all within the overall scifi plot, of course.)

Also, according to the early reviews, framerate problems are nonexistant. Finally somebody is using the 360 hardware right. :)

I hear ya Sup. I probably will end up liking it. :thumbsup: It is just that the chainsaw at the end of the gun, and the beast like enemy really just reeks too much of a slasher movie. :lol:

Anyway, like I said, it does look like a well made and well thought out game, and I will try it out.

I have had GOW for 2 days now. It runs and looks just great and from what you where saying about the horror. I almost have it beat and i really didn't even know it was ment to be a horror game! Im just to wound up in the tatics it takes to play this game i guess to notice. It's very well put togther the SP and MP are all about team work and tatics.

It may not be the look your looking for in a game, but im more than sure once you learn how to play it well the tatics will suck you in for hours! I love my military games just as much as all you guys here, but this game with the tatics is a nice change of pase. So if you thinking about getting this game only get it if you love usen team work & tatics running from cover to cover other than that i would say pass. OMG thats what i would say about Ghost too LOL!

i freakin' love the game! the MP is simply hilarious and the SP is cool. the gore and violence being mixed in with the tactics is what sets it apart from other shooters. the graphics is off the chain and i have yet to have any problems. if you got a 360, go out and get this beast :thumbsup:

Now I just need to get a 360 when the new processor is installed in the Spring of 2007.

Probably wise. Like I said, my xbox broke the day before gow's release. :rofl:

I always wait at least a year before buying any new product. Just a principle I personally follow.

Sorry to hear about the 360, but I heard that their return policy is pretty good, and not to difficult to deal with. Good luck with the replacement. :thumbsup:

I had the laser go out on my orig Xbox, I shipped it on a Friday, had it back in hand on Tuesday the following week. That extended warranty was worth the $39

Wow, I bought my Xbox back in July of 2003, and it has not had a single hiccup since. Of course I don't game much, bot anytime I bought a new game the Xbox was running 4-5 days a week, and I have bought a good number of games (I think I have now run over 15 games), so it has seen some good use. Also, my DVD player died, so for last two years I have been just using my Xbox to watch DVDs. I should probably get another DVD player, but I figured why not just use something I already have.

I think I just got a unit that was made before lunch :) I'd only had it a month or so before it burped. Has worked flawless since.

And yes you do need to spend a little less on gun parts and go get a new DVD Player ;)

LOL, no actually I'm just using it right now, because otherwise the Xbox just sits, and so I may as well use it rather than have it sit around.

I know you said it in jest. :)