Patch?

Graw will never be a succes like the [GR]. Reason? Too demanding for the less fortunate people with no highend computers. I still play the game with framerates between 4 and 20. Not willing to spend much money on a new computer only for Graw. Oh i am starting to like it finally, but mainly because i play it with some nice friends sharing their teamspeak. Otherwise i had given up long time ago.

This is the game of the people spending the most money on their machines. Too bad...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

proof of life, patch

Good find and thanks for the heads up.

Hope I'm not reading too much into it but...

Enable anticheat: False

?

you can read it as :

1 we have not fixed the disconnect bug

2 we just like our skins too much

3 we are bussy testing

4 we just forgot ...

5 we need to fix something else first

6 we are trying different cheats .....

7 what you can imagine we do ...

or anything else that might suit you

we'll see when the patch comes, but we now know they are working on one and testing it

and that was the purpose of this thread wasn't it ?

yw :)

Graw will never be a succes like the [GR]. Reason? Too demanding for the less fortunate people with no highend computers. I still play the game with framerates between 4 and 20. Not willing to spend much money on a new computer only for Graw. Oh i am starting to like it finally, but mainly because i play it with some nice friends sharing their teamspeak. Otherwise i had given up long time ago.

This is the game of the people spending the most money on their machines. Too bad...

With most new games soon you will have to upgrade its inevitable (sure ive heard that quote before:)) and with new dx10 cards here the price or good older cards should appeal to most.

Edited by JJUK

Prolly not. The majority of the buyers have already laid down their buckaroos, mostly within the first couple weeks it was out. Bought on reputation and expectations. Same for SCDA, which is also a bit buggy (just haven't blown the story completely like GRAW did). Not a whole lot more money to be made selling it at half its original retail to the few who have left to buy it, on the assumption that it DOES get fixed and the word DOES get out. Chances are, it's better to press on with the new game than to try to milk anything else out of this one. It'll never pay for the effort to expand itself....

Actually, the already improved state of GR:AW has recently caused 3 of my clan-mates to buy it. If their experiences over the next couple of weeks impress them, then you can be sure that many more of the clan will follow.

BTW my clan has over 10,000 members ;) and that's just my story. I'm sure there are alot more late comers who are buying on the word of those who can attest to it's improvement. In fact play.com where I bought this was selling it for just £15 inc delivery for a long while. It's recently gone up in price! and I would think that is due to increased interest.

I can agree that GRAW has high system req, but games evolve. Don't expect to play many new games at high settings if you don't upgrade your computer. GRAW is your milestone. Maybe Oblivion was mine... who knows? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Talon...

Sometimes it takes some time to get a patch fine tuned. We've already had 4 patches for GRAW. That is amazing, based on Ubi's track record with Raven Shield and R6 Lockdown. They left those products to rot on the vine! I think it is premature to gripe about not having another patch just yet.

Talon...

Sometimes it takes some time to get a patch fine tuned. We've already had 4 patches for GRAW. That is amazing, based on Ubi's track record with Raven Shield and R6 Lockdown. They left those products to rot on the vine! I think it is premature to gripe about not having another patch just yet.

No - we have not had four patches.

We've had content updates to deliver what should have been shipped with the original game; a few bugs may have been bundled with these updates.

It is not amazing.

It is a pathetic attempt to make up for an initial shoddy release. <_<

You know, I'm pretty new to the Ghost Recon series. GRAW initially caught my attention, but I bought [GR] for very little money. Finally, I had found what had been missing from all the FPS's that I had played, even Brothers In Arms. A tactical FPS that one could control the movements of your squad AI. I liked the ROE and the game play. I tried the GRAW demo, similar game style, but the graphics were very incredible. I bought GRAW. I eventually upgraded my pc from the NF3/6800 GT to a NF4/Dual Core cpu/eventually Gx2 vid card. GRAW never looked better. All Dx9 games run like a banshee.

HOWEVER, [GR] will not run. Seems with the SLI enabled card, all DX8 games find a conflict with the vid driver some how. I reinstalled XP several times. Minimal drivers, minimal programs, [GR] (and all DX8 games) still won't run. For [GR], I get an IKE log error of unable to create 3D environment.

So, GRAW doesn't have some of the features that [GR] had, like ROE Orders, however, the AI is a tad smarter than before and it runs on new hard ware. Disappointingly, DX8 games may be a thing of the past, expecially, once one goes to VISTA and DX10. So far, it has been said that VISTA will not support the older 3D surround sound programs that the older games came with. GRAW may not even play on VISTA because of this. As good as [GR] was/is, as you upgrade your pc, DX8 games may no longer be supported. It was fun while it lasted, but it mat be time to move on. I'd like to see the modding community turn GRAW into what [GR] once was. So far, the modded [GR] GRAW maps are fun to play on. That's my favorite MP mode.

Any idea how much longer we have to wait for this patch? The MP problems are still there! I couldn't believe my eyeballs earlier when two of my clan leaders were in our GRAW TS channel this afternoon, and were actually playing GRAW. So I decided to join them and explain how everything works i.e. picking kit etc, their views were as follows:

General description of the game was nicely finished in terms of visuals with some interesting maps that we could definitely war on.

Weren't to impressed with the disconnections, 4 times one of my leaders was disconnected bless him and he still kept coming back for more, myself and the rest of the server were disconnected twice!! We didn't see the GL bug. This was on the TuG London server.

PS he was disconnected for altered game files, note he's only installed the game today lol - ######

MP feedback was, although you can join a squad, there was no obvious indication who your squad mates are exactly, like BF2 your squad members show green.

You cannot spot enemy for team mates like you can in BF2 to mount a co-ordinated assault on the tower for example on the warehouses map - thank god for TS!

Please sort the MP issues soon :)

MP feedback was, although you can join a squad, there was no obvious indication who your squad mates are exactly, like BF2 your squad members show green.

Obvious indication: The green ARROWS on the minimap are your squadmates, the green DOTS are not. ;) Didn't you read your game manuals?!?!?!?!

:hmm: granted!

Obvious indication: The green ARROWS on the minimap are your squadmates, the green DOTS are not. ;) Didn't you read your game manuals?!?!?!?!

Any idea how much longer we have to wait for this patch?

At a wild guess, it's only a matter of days away.

PLZ PLZ soon, couldnt you say like a few days (3) away or a couple of days (2) away, lol, a matter is errrrrrr i dont know what is a matter in day terms, lol.

PLZ PLZ soon, couldnt you say like a few days (3) away or a couple of days (2) away, lol, a matter is errrrrrr i dont know what is a matter in day terms, lol.

Well, I could say "tomorrow", but then, I'm not an official source.

Well, I could say "tomorrow", but then, I'm not an official source.

If you said tommorrow and it was like tommorrow as in teusday 28/11/06 then i would buy you a drink and cause i dont live by you i would drink it for ya lol, and im sure it would taste as nice as if you were drinking it yourself.

Just curious why we haven't had any official talk of the patch at all...

I mean, I take the word of Rocky or ZJJ, etc., for Gospel on such things. It's credit deserved. I'm not questioning that at all. But since it's all but official anyhow, why HASN'T there been some sort of official announcement that at least there's a patch in the works? And if it's close to release, even better. Every previous update has been preceded by some sort of announcement...

How long has this patch being tested? Judging by the length of tests it should be a VERY BIG patch, and introducing substantial fixes and news to the game.... :hmm:

But I think it's only a hope, not a sure thing.... Here in Montecatini Terme -Tuscany, Italy - we use to say..."Who lives hoping, will die shi :censored: ting...." :oops:

Just curious why we haven't had any official talk of the patch at all...

I mean, I take the word of Rocky or ZJJ, etc., for Gospel on such things. It's credit deserved. I'm not questioning that at all. But since it's all but official anyhow, why HASN'T there been some sort of official announcement that at least there's a patch in the works? And if it's close to release, even better. Every previous update has been preceded by some sort of announcement...

Well, we do know the patch is in work.

I saw some 1.35 testservers up yesterday!

Hang in there a little while longer. We're making sure this one will plug the holes.

I guess Stickan was referring to the upcoming patch ;)