Patch?

Come on Willie... give an Irish Stout a pull on the tab.. ummm.. errr... leak something out..

Give us all a little something to hold on to..

Here's to you and yours

And to mine and ours.

And if mine and ours

Ever come across to you and yours,

I hope you and yours will do

As much for mine and ours

As mine and ours have done

For you and yours!

:drunk:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, at least after BF2142 we KNOW EA won't be stealing ANYONE's business for a while...

hey, ill be going to the release party next week, so ill make sure to send your regards ;)

sorry I cant give you any more info on the patch, not my info to give out im afraid.

LOL, at least after BF2142 we KNOW EA won't be stealing ANYONE's business for a while...

hey, ill be going to the release party next week, so ill make sure to send your regards ;)

sorry I cant give you any more info on the patch, not my info to give out im afraid.

"... the patch"

At least we at least know for sure there was/is a patch! :grin2:

"... the patch"

At least we at least know for sure there was/is a patch! :grin2:

I might be naive, but I don't understand all the secrecy over a patch.

If it's something more than a patch, fine, keep it quiet and suprise us, we don't really need to know right now, but surly, patch details like the approximate time or date can't be to much to ask for, after all the patch is no big secret other than its content.

A guess as good as anyone's is that the release date for the patch still is undecided. Someone stated that this patch probably is the final one, and if that is true there is reason to let the patch take some time. The secrecy about release date is that it isn't settled yet.

I still hope for a standalone expansion after the patch (DS/IT style). But with all the rumors about Vista and GRAW2 I don't know.

I might be naive, but I don't understand all the secrecy over a patch... but surly, patch details like the approximate time or date can't be to much to ask for, after all the patch is no big secret other than its content.

If only it were that simple.

Recap...

Patch is due on Xth of YY in 2006.

Date passes

Where's the patch we were PROMISED??!!!!

Repeat, repeat repeat.

That's one reason you might not see a patch date released.

The only problem with Grin telling us what they are fixing/adding is...what if it doenst pan out and cant be added or fixed like they intended.

I think you mis-understand - I mean release notes that accompany the patch when its released and detail what the patch is supposed to fix.

Not some pre-patch announcement of what they are intending to fix.

I have been a staunch GR:AW and Grin supporter since the release of GR:AW...........However with the total lack of news on the Patch issue I have to admit that I am starting to lose faith that there actually is a patch forthcoming. In addition if the problems that persist in GR:AW such as the problems with the SADS files and the G/L bug are still around When GR:AW 2 is released I will not spend the money on it. Grin and UBI soft it is my opinion that you folks are now in a race against time .A race to get GR:AW fixed before the community gives up and moves on .Best move along smartly boys indications are that you may have very little time left.

We did get our Patch for lockdown but it was to little to late ...the community had given up by the time UB soft released it. Hopefully we don't see a repeat with GR:AW it would be a shame as it is a game with a great deal of potential.

I might be naive, but I don't understand all the secrecy over a patch... but surly, patch details like the approximate time or date can't be to much to ask for, after all the patch is no big secret other than its content.

If only it were that simple.

Recap...

Patch is due on Xth of YY in 2006.

Date passes

Where's the patch we were PROMISED??!!!!

Repeat, repeat repeat.

That's one reason you might not see a patch date released.

I totally undersand where you are coming from Rocky,

In the industry that I am in I need to give my clients a time frame for when they can receive there product,

if it gets delayed, even for a day,they will be on the phone demanding why.

To prevent that from happening and more importantly loose valuable repeat business, if I know that a particular project will take 2 week , the client will be told 4 weeks, just in case we run into problems, if we don't have a problem the client will receive there product in 2 weeks and will be very happy,

if we do have a problem the client will receive there product in 4 weeks and will be very happy.

Well...I'm an old ghost playin GR1 for neer 3 years and GRAW since the beginning...I tested beta for ubi and was rewarded ty Ubi and Grin...This path mean that you are still aware of the wellfare of this game...And I will be so glad to work with you again on beta test...

GR will always be a part of me even if there other games like the BF2 series...I always come back and play a good coop GR games...I will not let you down GRIN and UBI you sure know what 'Tactics' mean ...you need to communicate with the modders to help them out giving them all the tools they need...don't forget we are not many online 150 +-...

Rpghard,regards.

I'm sure since the only folks who could get in the server at all were trusted testers, there was no need to have it on. Probably either still in the fixes, or dropped outright. But that's a different story.

Glad to see the patch is still in the making...

Nice to see the patch is out there and being worked on :D

GRIN should know, if they can get GRAW up and running by fixing the MP issues, clan matches and laddering will carry this game to a new level and increase anticipation of GRAW2 i.e. more interest = more £ or $ ;)

Prolly not. The majority of the buyers have already laid down their buckaroos, mostly within the first couple weeks it was out. Bought on reputation and expectations. Same for SCDA, which is also a bit buggy (just haven't blown the story completely like GRAW did). Not a whole lot more money to be made selling it at half its original retail to the few who have left to buy it, on the assumption that it DOES get fixed and the word DOES get out. Chances are, it's better to press on with the new game than to try to milk anything else out of this one. It'll never pay for the effort to expand itself....