Patch?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEAR GRIN,

CAN WE HAVE AN UPDATE ON WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS GAME PLEASE? DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT DAMAGE THIS IS DOING TO YOUR REPUTATION? TAKE THE FALLING NUMBER OF PLAYERS FOR EXAMPLE. WHY WOULD THIS COMMUNITY INVEST IN ANY FUTURE PROJECTS BY GRIN E.G. GRAW2, IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO A PROJECT WE HAVE ALREADY INVESTED IN.

THE SERVER TESTING GOT EVERYONE EXCITED THAT THINGS WERE MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BUT SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF GRAW2 YOU HAVE GONE QUIET. IF GRIN ARE CONCENTRATING ON GRAW2, AT LEAST GIVE US A GAME STABLE ENOUGH TO WARM UP WITH UNTIL GRAW2 COMES OUT!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO AN UPDATE

THANK YOU.

D

dear grin,

i am stupidly well programmed to buy a graw2 any way the wind blows

(thanks to kapitalistic indoctrination)

but i would like to see the promis of support for graw 1 be realized,

if it takes time say so, and we / well i guess i will wait patiently,

i am really looking forward to the patch that will stop disconnects and gl bug and missing first shot after running as well as some server bugs like the huge pings as discribed else where on the forum

i know we come up with new bugs every now and then and add them to the list, not making it easy to come with the patch as one is entwined with the other

(or comes from a fix or what ever happens that patches needs patches)

i understand that graw 2 needs all your manpower but please give us a sign of what is going on with the patch

which will be the next mother of all patches in my mind and probably some others with high hopes,

you could to ease tension just open a server and let us join to test some things serverside, just for fun this will give the impression that you are still out there working on graw

(it did wonders for my faith when on the grin test server)

please grin show something to keep our moral high and hopes up

yours truely

sui317 (still unemployed and sick waiting for the day the grin server returns 0:) )

Edited by sui317

why are they giving us the silent treatment :hmm: ?

Is there still someone at GRIN HQ ?

Did they all get the sack ? :shifty:

PLz give us input GRIN or you will start losing the die-hards ,and you know thats bad for bussines.

I've been trying to play all day now and all i get is disconnections and whenever i'm able to join a server its unplayable coz of the lag.What a waste of time...Something is wrong here.

DO SOMETHING GRIN !!!!

Edited by eyn093

why are they giving us the silent treatment :hmm: ?

Is there still someone at GRIN HQ ?

Did they all get the sack ? :shifty:

PLz give us input GRIN or you will start losing the die-hards ,and you know thats bad for bussines.

You don't get it, do you? :wall:

GRIN are not allowed to release info about the upcoming patch unless UBI has givin them that right. You're just like all the other whiners who nagged about UBI not releasing GRAW. And what happend? GRAW had to be released unfinished.

Now I don't want an unfinished patch so please, give em a break!

I'd say this is the problem.

1) Grin are at UBI's mercy in way of information release. that being said, Grin's reputation hinges on UBI's support or lack there of. some of you brought that to light in my eyes. Grin would be best served by developing a game that is all their own. that way they can say what they want about their work, support it the way they want.

I'm no fanboi, but I'm giving credit where credit is due in THAT regard.

as long as a company is under anothers scrutiny, the one that's being controlled is basically "BONED" and this can have detrimental affects on GRIN's reputation. which isn't fair to Grin i guess.

Why dont you guys admit that lots of ppl have problems with this game.

I don't think there is anybody here who disputes the games had/has issues, nobody is in denial, perhaps you are confusing denial with optimism, or perhaps you can't come to terms with the fact that some people do actually enjoy the game.

Your school boy name calling remark is deleted, alongside the posts that contained nothing but a personal argument.

Given sufficient time, I think they could make this game great. Unfortunately it's off to a REALLY slow start. I enjoy it nonetheless. I just hope we get the SADS fixes we've been asking for (and THOUGHT we had in 1.30 BETA) in the near future. I'm sure GRAW2/GR4 won't be out for PC for a long time, if ever...

Some peeps in here don't know what they are talking about, GRIN can say whatever they want about their work, look how they told us about the test server and the update we had weeks ago about they are working on a patch.

All we want from GRIN is a one liner to say the patch is progressing or not or whatever, just an update would settle a lot of people down - we have peeps that love this game and would love it more if the niggling issues were sorted.

At this moment MP and laddering is quite hard for the majority that want to get it on, but can't.

Unfortunately it's off to a REALLY slow start.

And that could kill it.

I suspect that even now the bean-counters at UBI are toting up the number of copies sold, the number of players online etc. etc. and will soon make a decision as to whether its financially viable continuing to provide further support or not.

I reckon it ain't :maybe:

With the way some of these people act, why should they? I would love to see another patch fixing the bugs and adding more content (preferably weapons and [GR] Coop objectives), but if they don't then I don't blame them one bit.

Amen :ph34r:

So i suppose that when car manufacturers build faulty cars that carry families with kids and they wreck due to design flaws, the companies shouldn't fix the problem bcz you don't blame them? companies have a MORAL obligation to fix their products. many don't and that's why corporations have bad reputations, crappy customer support etc.

is that fine with you? is that what I'm understanding from you?

Unfortunately it's off to a REALLY slow start.

And that could kill it.

I suspect that even now the bean-counters at UBI are toting up the number of copies sold, the number of players online etc. etc. and will soon make a decision as to whether its financially viable continuing to provide further support or not.

I reckon it ain't :maybe:

My assumption is... i'm betting this is the last financed patch that ubi will give any support to as when a new edition is released (not an expansion) it usually means the death of support patches (not verbal) on the previous. So, I assume GRin is making sure it is right while also working on other projects.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Why dont you guys admit that lots of ppl have problems with this game.

I don't think there is anybody here who disputes the games had/has issues, nobody is in denial, perhaps you are confusing denial with optimism, or perhaps you can't come to terms with the fact that some people do actually enjoy the game.

Your school boy name calling remark is deleted, alongside the posts that contained nothing but a personal argument.

Well ,sry then.Maybe ive overreacted a bit. <_<

Well.. if UBI does decide to jump ship on this one ... would that then mean GRIN dev's could come on here and help us with no ... ummm errr.. puppet strings attched?

You know.. come on to the forums as errrr players of GRAW and help the GRIN community? Not as developers as there would be no more developing?

I still, for some reason? believe a patch will come.. I also have a feeling that an expansion pack is due as well? Not sure of course.. probably no more then a pipe dream at that.. I just hope they prove me wrong..

Edited by IrishStout

Well.. if UBI does decide to jump ship on this one ... would that then mean GRIN dev's could come on here and help us with no ... ummm errr.. puppet strings attched?

You know.. come on to the forums as errrr players of GRAW and help the GRIN community? Not as developers as there would be no more developing?

I still, for some reason? believe a patch will come.. I also have a feeling that an expansion pack is due as well? Not sure of course.. probably no more then a pipe dream at that.. I just hope they prove me wrong..

Well if they were free to do what they wanted, then I certainly would see it agreeable that future patches would be distributed as shareware.

With the way some of these people act, why should they? I would love to see another patch fixing the bugs and adding more content (preferably weapons and [GR] Coop objectives), but if they don't then I don't blame them one bit.

So i suppose that when car manufacturers build faulty cars that carry families with kids and they wreck due to design flaws, the companies shouldn't fix the problem bcz you don't blame them? companies have a MORAL obligation to fix their products. many don't and that's why corporations have bad reputations, crappy customer support etc.

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one. - Narrator of Fight Club

Seriously though, a car is MUCH different than a piece of software. Cars have much higher standards because they hold human lives. A piece of software cannot hold a persons life, and therefore when the software crashes, there is no possible physical harm done to the person using it. A lot of the people here seem to believe in the folly that "The customer is always right." Anyone here ever go eat at a Jimmy Johns? Their slogan is "The customer is USUALLY right." Would you be willing, much less want, to fix something you created that almost all you heard from the users is "it sucks, it's buggy, it's lame" etc etc?

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one. - Narrator of Fight Club

Seriously though, a car is MUCH different than a piece of software. Cars have much higher standards because they hold human lives. A piece of software cannot hold a persons life, and therefore when the software crashes, there is no possible physical harm done to the person using it. A lot of the people here seem to believe in the folly that "The customer is always right." Anyone here ever go eat at a Jimmy Johns? Their slogan is "The customer is USUALLY right." Would you be willing, much less want, to fix something you created that almost all you heard from the users is "it sucks, it's buggy, it's lame" etc etc?

Would you be willing, much less want, to fix something you created that almost all you heard from the users is "it sucks, it's buggy, it's lame" etc etc?

Yes. if i ever wanted to sell another product. i guess that would be the answer?

Tinker

Grin_Wille

Post #23

post Today, 04:28 PM

Member Group Group: GRIN

Member Posts Posts: 668

Member Joined Joined: 31-March 06

Member Location

Member Number Member No.: 10,156

QUOTE(OliverReed @ Nov 6 2006, 04:59 PM) *

My personal opinion is that GRAW is simply no fun to play at all, but taste is different for everyone. Back playing SWAT4.

to pull a "Sup"

FIXED!

Hey i just saw this! ^^^^^^^

What`s fixed?

Tinker

:shifty:

That was such a philosophically righteous film, for a love story anyhow. (narrated by Edward Norton, who has yet to do a better role IMHO)

True enough about the software not costing lives, at least in THIS application. Now, air traffic management software (my uncle has been working this bit with Lockheed for a while) is a whole different apple. Maritime navigation software... Hey, doesn't my car have a flash-programmable PCM that controls everything from the engine's operation (spark timing curves, fuel maps, ABS and traction control functions, etc.)? Not sure I'd want Ubisoft publishing THAT sort of software...

But there was a point above somewhere, buried amidst the automotive ramblings, that while the customer may not always be right, he IS the one who pays the bills. I'm sure we'll ALL be a lot more careful when considering the next title in the GR line (assuming PC even gets one), and part of the consideration (whether or not GRiN develops it) will be the post-sale support we get on this title. If Ubisoft has already cut the funding for support for GRAW:PC, then it'll certainly be a consideration when the next one comes out. "Why buy this one when they never finished debugging the last one?" You catch the drift?

LOL, at least after BF2142 we KNOW EA won't be stealing ANYONE's business for a while...

Would you be willing, much less want, to fix something you created that almost all you heard from the users is "it sucks, it's buggy, it's lame" etc etc?

Yes. if i ever wanted to sell another product. i guess that would be the answer?

Tinker

That's the beauty of it...most people will see the name of the game and Ubisoft while completely missing the GRIN part. Besides, with so few people playing the game, it's not like the majority of the potential customers care or even know about the problems GRAW has been having lately.

True enough about the software not costing lives, at least in THIS application. Now, air traffic management software (my uncle has been working this bit with Lockheed for a while) is a whole different apple. Maritime navigation software... Hey, doesn't my car have a flash-programmable PCM that controls everything from the engine's operation (spark timing curves, fuel maps, ABS and traction control functions, etc.)? Not sure I'd want Ubisoft publishing THAT sort of software...

I suppose I should rephrase that as "entertainment software," but I get your point. Just like the old joke about what if Microsoft made cars.

while the customer may not always be right, he IS the one who pays the bills. I'm sure we'll ALL be a lot more careful when considering the next title in the GR line

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.