Question about rendering......

SCE_COB77

For all you master map modders my question is this...after rendering a map for TDM 3 passes on medium res, do you have to use the same settings and render same map over (another 3 hour process) :wall: but for HH and Siege? Hope my question is clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :yes:

When I have an existing map that I already rendered and want to make a new gametype I do is this

1. I go to the main map folder which is in the work folder and I copy my existing completed map it to my desktop.
    • Lets say your map folder is called folder_mapname_tdm:
    • copy map folder in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\work\folder_mapname_tdm to your desktop (folder_mapname_tdm should now exist in your GRAW custom folder and now a copy on your desktop.

[*]I then rename the folder (on your desktop) to represent something for the gametype I want to make (i.e. rename folder_mapname_tdm to folder_mapname_hh).

[*]I then move that back into the work folder as my new gametype folder: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels\work\folder_mapname_hh.

[*]I open the map editor and acces this new map and add in the Charlie base, team = 0. For Siege you should place the zone near Alpha (base = 1) so that that team can get to the zone to defend.

[*]If spawns should be moved I also make them in locations to compliment the gametype

[*]I then export and DO NOT CHOOSE LIGHTMAPS option. The exporting takes a couple of minutes and you do not need to do the light objects again. They are already rendered as objects in the map from your other rendering

The only time you may need to re-render is if you added an object requiring a re-render for it to show up coorectly.

Edited by Tom_Anger

When I have an existing map that I already rendered and want to make a new gametype I do is this

1. I go to the main map folder which is in the work folder and I copy my existing completed map it to my desktop.
  2. I then rename the folder to represent something for the gametype I want to make (i.e. aw05_initiativelost_tdm - I rename to aw05_initiativelost_hh).
  3. I then move that back into the work folder as my new gametype folder.
  4. I open the map editor and acces this new map and add in the Charlie base, team = 0.
  5. If spawns should be moved I also make them in locations to compliment the gametype
  6. I then export and DO NOT CHOOSE LIGHTMAPS option. The exporting takes a couple of minutes and you do not need to do the light objects again. They are already rendered as objects in the map from your other rendering

The only time you may need to re-render is if you added an object requiring a re-render for it to show up coorectly.

Nice one tom, I've knicked it for my wiki, good ref material :thumbsup: