How will GRAW go on this PC?

Im on a budget n i dont know how to really build pc's so im goin to a PC swap meet in a few months after I sell my xbox n about 30 games.

Anywoo the specs im hypothetically gonna get will prob like this...

Choice A

Pentium 4 2.0 ghz

512 Ram

128mb graphics card

here is another setup i could find for my price

Choice B

Pentium 4 2.0ghz

1024mb RAM

256mb graphics card

I won't give my price due to internationality, and also please don't tell me what bits n pieces to buy cause i won't understand a word u say :) n just wanna know how it will run on either of those specs thanks :).

I'm also just after an average of around 30 fps at a minimum :).

Edited by Becky89

Im on a budget n i dont know how to really build pc's so im goin to a PC swap meet in a few months after I sell my xbox n about 30 games.

Anywoo the specs im hypothetically gonna get will prob like this...

Choice A

Pentium 4 2.0 ghz

512 Ram

128mb graphics card

here is another setup i could find for my price

Choice B

Pentium 4 2.0ghz

1024mb RAM

256mb graphics card

I won't give my price due to internationality, and also please don't tell me what bits n pieces to buy cause i won't understand a word u say :) n just wanna know how it will run on either of those specs thanks :).

I'm also just after an average of around 30 fps at a minimum :).

I think it wil be hard to get that 30fps.

If i get Choice B, is it easy to get more RAM? and will 2.0ghz b good enough? cause i on a tight budget for time being.

Also regardless of graphics card, what should i look for to make sure the PC will b able to take good graphics cards? I heard something about slots or something? what should type should i look for?

Yes its easy to get more ram.

A 2.0 P4 is pretty low. I would say overclock it, but you dont seem the type to know much about that and its too risky.

make sure the motherboard has a PCI express 16x slot. This is a MUST for gaming.

and what video card does it say it comes with?

But how about this, tell us how much your budget is and where you live so maybe we can find you a better deal? Im kinda assuming US since you said swap meet.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-

You should have been clear on being in Australia from the start. I'm certain that given a bit of time, a fellow Aussie will have the name for an at least semi-local PC builder who will be better than the Dells of this world, and in your local currency, or at least adjusted to USD, since most of the world finds it pretty easy to talk money in comparison to the USD.

To reflect on what many have said in this thread, and to get back on main topic, you don't seem to be in a situation to purchase a new computer that will be GRAW friendly. Heck, my machine, I built myself, with the most recent upgrade two months ago, and I'm barely GRAW friendly.

I urge you to take the patient way out: Identify your needs first, and let the advice flow in. Eventually, as technology grows, and prices drop, an equilibrium will be met, and your pocketbook will be a lot more full than expected.

Take your time. It's worth it.

Edit: Hah! I just realized, Becky, that you are using my GR Classic sig. Hotlinked back to my painfully slow-these-days stomping grounds. :D