Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas seems to be a bit to much console with the 3rd person peeking and poor AI. If they made an exclusive PC title without 3rd person and console-AI then I would probably be more optimistic.

It got third person peak? :(

Unfortunately yes.

Some ppl complain about that at the official Vegas-forum. It got 3rd person peak which means that you can see everything around you even tho you're not peeking. And you can even aim at your target before you peak :(

That's why I don't trust RSE right now to make a good sequel to GRAW when all they do is consoles games.

However, I do hope I'm wrong :)

Edited by Hockeystick

The only problem is with Vegas is RSE is not making it, Ubi Montreal is. Still, RSE is now a console game maker instead of a PC game maker. * :thumbsup:

Fixed.

I tried the Vegas demo for a bit, and, well, since Ive never been a big huge console player, my first reaction to the controls were, "why do they keep making fps games at all on consoles", now they might have some features or control thingies that are more "consol" than PC, but it rather play vegas on a pc than on the 360 any day, even with the more consoly things it has. control is numbah 1 for me in fps games.

and SUP, dont bring your dirty Polycount behaviour over here, please ;) I saw someone do the excact same thing in the polycount forum today, you big ol copy cat! :)

I saw someone do the excact same thing in the polycount forum today, you big ol copy cat! :)

I didn't see it. :( Edit: Oh, yeah. Didn't look in that thread after I posted. :(

As for console controls, they really work just as well as PC shooters. It takes some getting used to, but few people instantly learn WASD either.

I saw someone do the excact same thing in the polycount forum today, you big ol copy cat! :)

I didn't see it. :(

(Feel free to pm me a link either here or on pc, if you want.)

As for console controls, they really work just as well as PC shooters. It takes some getting used to, but few people instantly learn WASD either.

hehe, just joking, thought you might have picked it up on polycount :)

as for the controls, yeah ofcourse, im just giving my opinion as a primarly pc gamer:)

Vegas seems to be a bit to much console with the 3rd person peeking and poor AI. If they made an exclusive PC title without 3rd person and console-AI then I would probably be more optimistic.

It got third person peak? :(

Unfortunately yes.

Some ppl complain about that at the official Vegas-forum. It got 3rd person peak which means that you can see everything around you even tho you're not peeking. And you can even aim at your target before you peak :(

That's why I don't trust RSE right now to make a good sequel to GRAW when all they do is consoles games.

However, I do hope I'm wrong :)

Why oh why are games that are almost perfect not just improved. We can say it till we are blue in the face, and it keeps on happening. You would think that with all the hundreds and hundreds of games being released that someone would get it right. Why would Ubi & RSE ruin a great title like R6 with lame ass things like 3rd person peak? Auto or shall I say pre-aim? There is Splinter Cell for that. There are other games that can utilize this sort of stuff...why ruin ones that fans like? If this is the case, why would we want RSE to even touch GR:AW at this point. I'd rather the bugs from Grin than the arcadish bs that RSE seems to be cooking. Grin has a chance to step up really big here.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

The ones the fans like?

You mean GRAW 360, R63 xbox, Splinter cell, prince of Persia, and the other 'arcade garbage'?

Or the obscure niche titles we like that all of you guys kid yourselves into thinking are actually popular?

How many of the XBox and X360 games are still popular 5 or more years after it's release? At the Ubi RSE forums. people still want to know how to install and play R6 and RS on XP machines even after 8 and 7 years respectively. There was a big round of "where can I play R6/RS now that The Zone has closed down/dropped support for the 2 games?" even. Those niche games are the better games if they are still played so long after their original release. Will you still be playing GRAW 360 in 2014 or will you be playing the latest version on the latest console? I venture to say the latter instead of the former.

There is a place for niche titles and the GR and R6 series were it, but not any more. Ubi has seen to that.

How many of the XBox and X360 games are still popular 5 or more years after it's release?

Well... All of them.

Obviously Splinter cell 1 isn't played as much as Chaos Theory, but that's just simple logic.

I'd be playing CT right now, actually, if my 360 hadn't had a hardware failure.

How many of the XBox and X360 games are still popular 5 or more years after it's release? At the Ubi RSE forums. people still want to know how to install and play R6 and RS on XP machines even after 8 and 7 years respectively. There was a big round of "where can I play R6/RS now that The Zone has closed down/dropped support for the 2 games?" even. Those niche games are the better games if they are still played so long after their original release. Will you still be playing GRAW 360 in 2014 or will you be playing the latest version on the latest console? I venture to say the latter instead of the former.

There is a place for niche titles and the GR and R6 series were it, but not any more. Ubi has seen to that.

Where did niche titles get Papyrus? Closed, thats where and iRacing is only around because John Henry is addicted to his sims, and has a TON of cash to pay his own personal development team. EA gave Simracing a shot with NASCAR SIMRacing and where has that gone? I highly doubt there is going to be a NASCAR Simracing 2, just like there was no Papyrus GPL 2. No offense, but you or I choosing to play a game 5 years after its release is just that, our choice. The dev's may like, hell love, that fact but in the end they are happy to see that next paycheck if the game sells.

WK, your anti-console thing is really getting old, seriously. I mean there are plenty of people still playing Halo, a 5 year old franchise like Ghost Recon. Just because you don't see those people jumping up and down waving their arms around doesn't mean they have abandonded those games. They are being played by very dedicated fans who can have fun with it after having played countless times before. Sound familiar?

You or I may dislike what next versions of Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six offer, but the bottom line is they are doing far better now then they ever have before. (For the record, I like what I've seen from GR:AW 360, PC not so much after playing both). There is a reason GR:AW 360 won Game of the Year, and it is a simple reason; it is a damn fine game! When some "PC Gamers" stop turning their noses up at the platform maybe they'll see that, thankfully some already have. Serellan made a post a few months back that really, really made sense, but was probably just ignored.

Stop the divisions people...band together and say what you want from GAMES, not platforms.

All I want, and I think many other people feel the same, is a quality title that we can play with the friends we made years ago. If that means the game is the same over multiple platforms so be it, the game is what matters not the platform. As of right now GR:AW PC, did not deliever that experience to me, and some of my GR1 buddies. When I look to the Red Storm offering, I personaly find attributes reminisant of the game I've played more times than I fathom to count. I would have loved to be playing that exact game right now, on my PC, instead of being bored out of my mind! ARRRGGGGHHH *runs off screaming*

:lightning:

Serellan made a post a few months back that really, really made sense, but was probably just ignored.

Stop the divisions people...band together and say what you want from GAMES, not platforms.

I missed that post. :o

Anyway, that other quote was getting old, this'll do nicely in my signature.

The sun shines on even a dogs ass some days. Just because of one bad experience that doesn't mean the next in the series will be the same.

Bro you gotta look at the track record. GR2..a bomb, GRAW...a bomb. what are we to think? we went from [GR] to pinning hopes that we could continue playing what was a VERY great game. now I must confess that, I had thought GR2 was going to be an improved game engine but generally keep the modding and structure of files and folders. GR2 was yanked. see Here that GR2 PC was cancelled back in SEPT/OCT 2004.

It would seem that based upon what i read there, that UBISOFT want to cut corners. UBISOFT want games they can produce from one location and shove out to all gamers. let me explain. they want to produce ONE game and then sell it for the xbox360, PS2/PS3, PC and so on at one time. quite simple.

I don't think we'll get GR back to where it was in essence. It CAN be done provided UBI gives RSE the game to make and then let them work it as they had back when [GR] was developed.

Hey guys... read up on Vista... there may be a reason that 360 is being pushed.

Vista is dubbed a gaming platform by microsoft... and they are setting new standards... like all games must be 360 compatible. The time of console vs PC is coming to and end as they are pushing for crossplatform compatibility with standards like all pc games must be able to also support an xbox controller. Vista will have a benchmarking tool also that you can compare to see if you can run a game. Games will say 4 and up (out of 5) If your benchmark says 4 you can run it. 3 maybe and below definately not. I wonder if GRAW 2 will include this... so we don't see all the complaining about not being able to play the game. Basically if you don't meet the mark GRAW 2 will have on it, you know you will need to upgrade.

Seriously, Papa, do you even read threads before you post (repetitive) nonsense in them?

GR2 wasn't a bomb, it was a great success. Second most played Live game after halo2 for a while, wasn't it? Also, it was developed by RSE. They did a great job.

GRAW? PC version got 70-80% reviews. It's a good game. 360 version got GOTY all over. The GR series has gone nowhere but up since ghost recon 1.

Hey guys... read up on Vista... there may be a reason that 360 is being pushed.

Vista is dubbed a gaming platform by microsoft... and they are setting new standards... like all games must be 360 compatible. The time of console vs PC is coming to and end as they are pushing for crossplatform compatibility with standards like all pc games must be able to also support an xbox controller. Vista will have a benchmarking tool also that you can compare to see if you can run a game. Games will say 4 and up (out of 5) If your benchmark says 4 you can run it. 3 maybe and below definately not. I wonder if GRAW 2 will include this... so we don't see all the complaining about not being able to play the game. Basically if you don't meet the mark GRAW 2 will have on it, you know you will need to upgrade.

I know! It's gonna be awesome! :)

But the war between PC and X360 has just started. PC players will be able to play over Xbox Live (probably) and that's pretty damn cool w00t

Edited by Hockeystick

Seriously, Papa, do you even read threads before you post (repetitive) nonsense in them?

GR2 wasn't a bomb, it was a great success. Second most played Live game after halo2 for a while, wasn't it? Also, it was developed by RSE. They did a great job.

GRAW? PC version got 70-80% reviews. It's a good game. 360 version got GOTY all over. The GR series has gone nowhere but up since ghost recon 1.

Why do you ask? you say it was a success...for whom? the console. the reason I'm so repetitiive is that i get in volved in threads that basically discuss topics nearly the same. I like to get involved. Is that bad?

But before you chastise me think before you post please. I hate to say this but we have a locked/closed topic named GR2. the console forums for GR2 are still up. that's why i say it bombed. it satisfied the crowd of the consolers but left PC gamers to eat crow.

If it be true that vista is being setup to to play console games, what is to become of PC games? I fear that PC games will be a thing of the past. well guys, the reality is setting in.

You may play console games, but i don't. so sup, please don't try to square me off under your terms please? I play strictly Pc games only.

The GRAW rating? doesn't mean squat if the game has been out for about 6 months and bugs are plentiful. sure looks pretty think the reviewers, but do they read what gamers post here and anywhere else?

But before you chastise me think before you post please. I hate to say this but we have a locked/closed topic named GR2. the console forums for GR2 are still up. that's why i say it bombed. it satisfied the crowd of the consolers but left PC gamers to eat crow.

If it be true that vista is being setup to to play console games, what is to become of PC games? I fear that PC games will be a thing of the past. well guys, the reality is setting in.

You may play console games, but i don't. so sup, please don't try to square me off under your terms please? I play strictly Pc games only.

The GRAW rating? doesn't mean squat if the game has been out for about 6 months and bugs are plentiful. sure looks pretty think the reviewers, but do they read what gamers post here and anywhere else?

Console games on the PC? Is that even technically possible?

I would think the moment the game was ported it'd become a pc game, just by the very nature of the term.

Anyway, the reason why I asked was NYR's post right above yours. I'm genuinely getting tired of this foolish PC vs console thing that all of you guys are insisting on.

Games are games. Either you like them or you don't. Platform shouldn't have anything to do with it, and it isn't Ubisoft's fault that you're limiting yourself so stupidly.

A bit off topic: How about putting 'PC' and 'Console' on the swear filter? At least people would start typing 'computer' out every once in a while.

OMG don't even try and elicit a response on "PC vs console". that's like running into a feminist convention and yelling, "which of you are going to cook me dinner?"

it's apparent that you are a lover of consoles, but why are you here dredging up a comment about not saying PC or console? there is a huge difference between a COMPUTER and a CONSOLE. but if you DO have a console and a PC then you should know the difference yourself.

now perhaps there's a push and it seems highly probable that, the console companies and game devs are trying to close that gap up. but why "cookie cut" games for all platforms? why make a computer game like a console?

the term "tactical" is the term that sets a true tactical game from a supposed tactical game. actually tactical is a VERY abused term. make a game with cool looking military uniforms and neat high tech weapons and throw in a measure of cool looking maps and throw "the tactical game of the year" moniker on the box. but that doesn't make it tactical. as with GRAW, that slide doesn't constitute tactical in my book. noise and light discipline are true tactics. so with all those cans and boxes that pop up on the ground right in front of you, you will always make too much noise. I'm under the opinion that, they make games that cater to kids. run around on a map and blast the hell out of everything that moves. added: a $50-$60 christmas stocking stuffer.

this brings me to another question, "why would they push a game out, have it have soo many bugs and issues then, announce 6 months later..oh by the way..GR4 is on it's heels? I think someone screwed the pooch and they have to shove GR4 out to get our minds off of GRAW and it's failure.

Edited by Papa6

OMG don't even try and elicit a response on "PC vs console". that's like running into a feminist convention and yelling, "which of you are going to cook me dinner?"

it's apparent that you are a lover of consoles, but why are you here dredging up a comment about not saying PC or console? there is a huge difference between a COMPUTER and a CONSOLE. but if you DO have a console and a PC then you should know the difference yourself.

now perhaps there's a push and it seems highly probable that, the console companies and game devs are trying to close that gap up. but why "cookie cut" games for all platforms? why make a computer game like a console?

the term "tactical" is the term that sets a true tactical game from a supposed tactical game. actually tactical is a VERY abused term. make a game with cool looking military uniforms and neat high tech weapons and throw in a measure of cool looking maps and throw "the tactical game of the year" moniker on the box. but that doesn't make it tactical. as with GRAW, that slide doesn't constitute tactical in my book. noise and light discipline are true tactics. so with all those cans and boxes that pop up on the ground right in front of you, you will always make too much noise. I'm under the opinion that, they make games that cater to kids. run around on a map and blast the hell out of everything that moves. added: a $50-$60 christmas stocking stuffer.

this brings me to another question, "why would they push a game out, have it have soo many bugs and issues then, announce 6 months later..oh by the way..GR4 is on it's heels? I think someone screwed the pooch and they have to shove GR4 out to get our minds off of GRAW and it's failure.

Let me explain tactical.

Tactical is an in-general over used word. What is tactical to you is different to me, as we both may use different TACTICS to get the job done, therefore making it TACTICAL for both of us i one way or another.

How about you say military realism or sim.

As for vista playnig... are you sure xbox won't be playing pc? See my point. They will be one in the same. More pc oriented games will be able to be played with a controller on xbox and vice versa + the xbox controller will have a driver that works on the PC.

Open up an xbox... it is a pc now. A pc with intergrated video lan sound and such. It's the all in one of PC's but with a proprietary O/S ... don't you all remember when someone cracked it and loaded linux to it? It is a pc of sort minus the keyboard and mouse.

Just like with a mac you can now load XP... one of our members plays GRAW on a mac with XP loaded.