Ubisoft announce officially the incoming Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Same with me (I played GR from release for at least 3 years). GRAW is a good game (apperently I mean it as I play it).

And I do agree with you Roco that the MP-community want fixes and expansions rather than a new game. G'damit, for MP GRAW was "released" just a couple of months ago.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I guess I have to wait until next year when I buy the ATI R600 DX10 card.

Or, for the same price, a 360, which can run it today. :whistle:

At a crappy 640x480 resolution (Normal TV's are only 640x480)... or do you want to add an HDTV to that cost? I'll stick with the pc... thank you ;)

Normal TV's are 720x576 PAL (or when using square pixels 768x576) or 720x480 NTSC (or when using square pixels 720x540). Just to get the facts right.

EDIT: Forgot to specify which was PAL/NTSC

Edited by Wolfsong

Hey deuce, how long have you been into the Gr series?

What does that have to do with anything? Can you think of games out there that you didn't care for the first one but loved the second or third entry into the series? I didn't care for the Splinter Cell games at first, but Chaos Theory was great. Never really cared for Morrowind, but I loved Oblivion. And lets face it....Rainbow Six Lockdown absolutely sucked, but that doesn't mean that Vegas is going to be horrible either.

so I guess I have to wait until next year when I buy the ATI R600 DX10 card.

Or, for the same price, a 360, which can run it today. :whistle:

At a crappy 640x480 resolution (Normal TV's are only 640x480)... or do you want to add an HDTV to that cost? I'll stick with the pc... thank you ;)

Normal TV's are 720x576 PAL (or when using square pixels 768x576) or 720x480 NTSC (or when using square pixels 720x540). Just to get the facts right.

EDIT: Forgot to specify which was PAL/NTSC

Your facts are incorrect

NTSC = 646x486

Pal = 768x576

and to back it up...

http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/resvid.html

and

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_use_my_tv_as_a_second_monitor.html

and

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360-HDTV.php

and...

http://www.howtodothings.com/electronics/a...er-monitor.html

I should also state i'm in the United States, not Europe... we don't have pal here.

What does that have to do with anything? Can you think of games out there that you didn't care for the first one but loved the second or third entry into the series? I didn't care for the Splinter Cell games at first, but Chaos Theory was great. Never really cared for Morrowind, but I loved Oblivion. And lets face it....Rainbow Six Lockdown absolutely sucked, but that doesn't mean that Vegas is going to be horrible either.

Thanks deuce....but my question has relevance. Please let him speak for himself.

Your facts are incorrect

NTSC = 646x486

Pal = 768x576

Nope. I'm right.

All those are wrong. They actually state different things all of them. The msxbox page was silly, and don't get me started on ask-leo... lol.

Trust me. I've been dealing with formats for the last year, 3D effects for commertials (TV and cinema).

But let's not discuss this in this topic.

Anyone who thinks this news release pertains to the PC version should have their head examined.

And if it eventually there is a new PC version, it ain't gonna be what we want. Sure, there may be a few features included that GRIN added to GRAW PC after all of our complaining, but I suspect more features will be lacking.

I seriously doubt if there even will be another PC version. And there shouldn't be. The current version needs to be fixed.

Your facts are incorrect

NTSC = 646x486

Pal = 768x576

Nope. I'm right.

All those are wrong. They actually state different things all of them. The msxbox page was silly, and don't get me started on ask-leo... lol.

Trust me. I've been dealing with formats for the last year, 3D effects for commertials (TV and cinema).

Still, I play with 1280 x 800 at my PC :D

This is the last OT post...

Edited by Hockeystick

I've played GR since the beginning. Joined GR.NET a mere 5 months after you did. Played for a few different squads in that time. I was the CO of a squad of fellow GR series gamers while in college. We played TDM on a few different ladders but never did real well. College guys are hard to pin down for match times!

Why you ask?

Your facts are incorrect

NTSC = 646x486

Pal = 768x576

Nope. I'm right.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916181/en-us?sd=xbox

note 640x480 and 1024x768 are 4:3

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360...hdefdetails.htm

note standard tv is 480 ;)

That is why it is hard to read the text on a SDTV (standard)

Even though if it was close to 800x600... Yuck... i run at 1280x1024. Show me a link!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic ....

GRin seems to be hinting pc is included in this.

Anyone remember the article (aftonbladet) from Sweden that was posted here by some Swede?

You missed that GRIN is working on an established game for X360 & PS3 due 2008 with a Japanese publisher. Also a PSP title is coming 2007. Port for PC ala R6 Vegas with console players coming first, the "future".

How can GRIN possibly handle GRAW2 at the same time? :mellow:

Seeing a 'certain reaction' I don't think GRIN is involved. Given it's coming out early 2007 I think its a multiplatform project by Redstorm.

I mean we haven't heard much from them lately...

Don't forget the leaked plans for 2007 here. Given it's called GR4 & aimed for the old consoles, it's pretty accurate...But we all know Ubisoft are masters at delaying.

Happy speculating :D

Edit: The same Swedish newspaper seem to disagree with me, they claim GRIN is involved with GRAW2, who knows what they based that assumption off.

source.

To bad Redstorm doesn't make PC games :mellow:

They did... sum of all fears, lockdown and ravenshield. ;) None of which was very good except as a SP

Could it be GRin making the xbox version... ? You may not know this but GRin has made a few xbox games.

They "did" make PC games, yes, but not anymore. Lockdown was a port and it kind of sucked... big time... and the new Vegas PC title will also be a port, with 3rd person mind you, and 3rd person is not very realistic and realism is what Tom Clancey games is all about. Multiplatform games are never good on the PC since the games are designed for consoles.

GRAW PC was designed for PC ONLY, that's what made the game so good, not great but good. If we had got another port with 3rd person and crappy AI then this title would suck just as much as the Xbox/PS2 titles sucked.

(Note, the Xbox/PS2 versions are ports of the X360)

Edited by Hockeystick

They did... sum of all fears, lockdown and ravenshield. ;) None of which was very good except as a SP

Could it be GRin making the xbox version... ? You may not know this but GRin has made a few xbox games.

RvS was Ubi Montreal.

GRAW PC was designed for PC ONLY, that's what made the game so good, not great but good. If we had got another port with 3rd person and crappy AI then this title would suck just as much as the Xbox/PS2 titles sucked.

Yet 360 is the award winning title, it is still, by far, more popular then PC. Also PS2 and Xbox are not ports of 360, they were developed on their own (kinda like PC). GR:AW on all platforms share a common story, and some assests, but they own do their own thing in terms of gameplay and features (online and offline). To lump 360 in with PS2 and Xbox is really reaching.

Yet 360 is the award winning title, it is still, by far, more popular then PC.

Yeah, but it's a console game, not a PC game. If they ported the X360 to PC it would suck big time since it's not designed for the PC. 3rd person is not PCich you know, and the AI is dumb down cuz of the controls ;)

Also PS2 and Xbox are not ports of 360, they were developed on their own (kinda like PC).

Hmm... I've heard the opposite (just the port-thing), thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Edited by Hockeystick

Anyone remember the article (aftonbladet) from Sweden that was posted here by some Swede?

You missed that GRIN is working on an established game for X360 & PS3 due 2008 with a Japanese publisher. Also a PSP title is coming 2007. Port for PC ala R6 Vegas with console players coming first, the "future".

By doubling their staff? :ph34r:

By doubling their staff? :ph34r:

That's the normal way to handle it, and not at all unexpected after a company like Ubisoft hands you a franchise like Ghost Recon.

Oh, ROCOAFZ: Wolfsong owes you an apology, I think. He made the absurd mistake of valuing his professional experience over your 15 minutes and google. :rofl:

Hockeystick: Third person and streamlined controls make a game impossible to play on the computer? Am I right to assume, then, every good computer game needs to be a fps with 400+ useless but uncomfortably necessary keystrokes to memorize for basic gameplay?

I disagree - Ravenshield was great fun as an MP as well as SP :thumbsup:

I'll second that. :yes: RVS hours of fun.

While we're listing redstorm games (even though RVS isn't one...) that 'Ghost Recon' shooter they put out a few years ago was pretty good. :whistle:

I disagree - Ravenshield was great fun as an MP as well as SP :thumbsup:

I'll second that. :yes: RVS hours of fun.

While we're listing redstorm games (even though RVS isn't one...) that 'Ghost Recon' shooter they put out a few years ago was pretty good. :whistle:

I too was surprised that no one mentioned "that" one...