First weapon model

swartsz

I have been using my free time to learn more and new skills, expecially i have been concentrating on poly-modelling

Heh same thing ive been learning lately and i found i like it more then box modeling personally . I feel i have more control of how i wanna make the model doing poly modeling

Always liked your work so keep it up

I have been using my free time to learn more and new skills, expecially i have been concentrating on poly-modelling

Heh same thing ive been learning lately and i found i like it more then box modeling personally . I feel i have more control of how i wanna make the model doing poly modeling

Always liked your work so keep it up

yes, it is a very powerful technique but it also has its drawbacks. When i first started i really didn't know what the heck i was doing and i still make some very stupid mistakes sometimes. But with the help of some great video-tutorials and websites i feel more comfortable using this technique.

Edited by swartsz

• 1 month later...

Well, logically I'd think the distance between the front sight and the rear sight being further apart would draw a longer bead that you'd have to visually line up, making it easier to make more accurate shots looking down your iron sights. Theres an image floating around the web somewhere that shows what I mean...

A more modern setup would probably use a flip-up ironsight IMO.

i will look into it, Loot! :D

here is a new model i am working on for the Project T.E.A. Ghost Recon 2 mod.

I still need to add some detail and correct some smoothing problems, but the main model is done. polycount is 1142 at the moment without optimizing.

gl19.jpg

lol, you know me too well! :D  i have to admit, modding is just like an addiction, can't stay away from it.

here is a render of the carbine version of the LR-300

lr9.jpg

Why is the back sight so far forwards?

Well, there might be a couple reasons. Tactically, it can speed up sight acquistion by shortening the sight radius (think shooting a pistol as opposed to a long barreled shotgun or rifle), but part of it might just be because it has a rail system on top of the receiver and you *can* do it. That's all. Just doing something because you can. In real life, I'd personally just mount an Eotech HWS on the thing, co-witness the iron sights (possibly with a flip up front) and call it a day. :D

I'lll have to agree with that. It can be done with backup sights, but if you're talking A2 sights, and only working close quarter, then it could work, or just front sight post it. But if you got to zero 300m+ then it needs to be back where it should be.

Well, there might be a couple reasons.  Tactically, it can speed up sight acquistion by shortening the sight radius (think shooting a pistol as opposed to a long barreled shotgun or rifle), but part of it might just be because it has a rail system on top of the receiver and you *can* do it.  That's all.  Just doing something because you can.  In real life, I'd personally just mount an Eotech HWS on the thing, co-witness the iron sights (possibly with a flip up front) and call it a day.  :D

I'm by no means an expert, but I'd think in a tactical situation a well trained person wouldn't even really need their sights they'd just kind of point and shoot. Of course that'd be something that comes with very very extensive training. Any way I look at it the back sight being so far forwards seems kind of a moot point but hey its all up to the creator I don't know jack about modelling.

thankfully the sight was modeled seperatly from the rest of the LR300 model so it will be very easy to move it in the right position.

Nice Glock indeed mate! 

If you are aiming to be spot on with it you might want to check the groves under the mounting rail, there's only one grove there on the real deal 

copy that, will remove one of the grooves!

love swartz mods and he's probably 1 of the best    very nice glocks and mp5's and all

the other weapons swartz has released SUPERB !!!

thank you for the compliment, you can vote for me in this years forum awards :P

awsome models kid, i hope to see more like this soon

god, i wish i was still a kid.....but more models are one the way as we are working hard on building a full arsenal for the Project T.E.A. mod which will not only contain our own next-gen weapons but also a full, remodeled arsenal of all the weapons in Ghost Recon 2.

god, i wish i was still a kid.....but more models are one the way as we are working hard on building a full arsenal for the Project T.E.A. mod which will not only contain our own next-gen weapons but also a full, remodeled arsenal of all the weapons in Ghost Recon 2.

first of all, good to hear from you again swartz. second, and kinda ot, who is the "we" if you're allowed to say? who else is working on thie T.E.A. mod? And is there anywhere i can get some info on this mod? i've seen you refer to it a few times now. Sounds great, and good luck btw. :D

first of all, good to hear from you again swartz. second, and kinda ot, who is the "we" if you're allowed to say? who else is working on thie T.E.A. mod? And is there anywhere i can get some info on this mod? i've seen you refer to it a few times now. Sounds great, and good luck btw. :D

the "we" of Project T.E.A. at the moment are Fierce*DEA, Projectile and me.

if you want more info on this project, click my sig, it will redirect you our post of our storyline. We are planning on another big 'news' update around mid-december in which we will give you more general info about the project and its concent.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'd think in a tactical situation a well trained person wouldn't even really need their sights they'd just kind of point and shoot.  Of course that'd be something that comes with very very extensive training.  Any way I look at it the back sight being so far forwards seems kind of a moot point but hey its all up to the creator I don't know jack about modelling.

Well, in some cases yes, but they always teach sight picture sight picture, even when using either reflex or iron sights. It's just an ingrained response, and in some cases, pointing and shooting can get a friendly killed too.

And as far as the sights being back, it's a moot point for GR, but not for real life, but true it is up to the creator.