First weapon model

swartsz

hmm... you got to help me, Argyll. what does the crane stock looks like, have been looking around on the Net trying to find a decent pic but i am a bit confused, think there are multiple Crane stocks.

Do you have a pic of the one you are talking about?

The Cry Havoc mod will be a 'general' weapons mod with new models, like the M4's you see in the pics i posted yesterday and today, with a bit of a Special Forces theme. It will also contain new secondary weapons and i am going to try to model some sniper rifles.

There will also be new splashscreens and maybe also 1 or 2 missions.

That's it for now, but i will keep you posted when i come up with new ideas for Cry Havoc.

Edited by swartsz

sounds great! :thumbsup: sniper rifles....hmmm...how about a nice, plain m24 or m40a1 with black or camo stocks? perhaps a folded bipod also??? :rocky:

also, my offer still stands if you want a few custom skins. I can't do too many, but i'd be more than happy to help out with this mod. :)

swartz, by collapsed stock I mean the telescoped stock had been pushed forward toward the receiver. obviously the ghost recon engine doesn't care if your gun barrel scrapes doorways but then again, the ghost recon engine doesn't care if your killing projectile comes out of a chicken launcher or a beer can either. with a vertical forearm grip and a telescoped stock the m4 can be held almost like a pdw, albeit one that packs a .223.

imo it would make a great sniper sidearm or just a primary for a cqb oriented kit or set of kits. the optics would be aimpoint or reflex style, with a lam, no zoom, or just a bare iron sights. with or without suppressor and maybe done in black for good measure, this would make a nice room clearing machine. this is sort of what I had in mind, with one difference.. maybe the barrel could be shortened to barely extend past the receiver, and some kind of beefy, suppressor compatible muzzle flash guard put on. my two cents.

@ Swifty, thank you for explaining it to me, i will take it in to consideration.

@ JTF-2, i am already thinking of making a m24 sniper rifle, just need to figure out how i am going to make one.

also, my offer still stands if you want a few custom skins. I can't do too many, but i'd be more than happy to help out with this mod. 

thanks a lot, JTF, for the offer. i have a general idea of a skin, i will contact you asap with a clear picture of the skin i am talking about.

:D

Edited by swartsz

Looking good Swartsz! :thumbsup:

Nice to see that ACOG on an M4 finally! Have no idea how many times I've started doing an M4 but rejected the idea! I just don't seem to be able to get the shapes right somehow :wall:

One thing though, if you are planning on using the texture that came with that ACOG you might want to darken it alittle. Think I left it way to bright.

Snow

One thing though, if you are planning on using the texture that came with that ACOG you might want to darken it alittle. Think I left it way to bright.

Don't worry, i will do my best to make sure the Acog will have the same look as the rest of the weapon.

:thumbsup:

@ |rsi|™deleyt, the polycount of the base models is something like 1500.

oke everyone, again i need your help!

I am currently working on something for Argyll and could use some feedback, especially on the scope-mount! Does it look alright or do i need to change anything?

gr13.jpg

Argyll, prepare to become my slave!!!!!!!! :P ( don't worry, Argyll knows what this means :D )

Edited by swartsz

swartsz,

that is one OUTSTANTDING M4 you got there, I know some others are gonna re-think their modeling after seeing that one. The only thing I would point out is that the foregrip RIS is not usually higher than the RIS rail on top of the receiver, but they are usually even. It looks like your receiver could be raised some (instead of re-doing the foregrip RIS/handguard).

I love it. I'm a sucker for any scope mounted scout style, ie an aimpoint very far forward on the receiver. in fact, there's no reason why all your aimpoint variants shouldn't be mounted like this:

Scout%20Squad.jpg

of course, to mount it that far forward you might have to move the lam to the side.. moving it to the right side of the weapon would be very common for a right handed operator.