First weapon model

swartsz

well i have tried to alter the reticule that Thumper1518 sent me, but i can honestly say nothing looks as good as the orginal, so this will be in the upcoming Silent Warrior 3 mod. i think i will give the people the choice between the orginal GR reticule and one made by Thumper1518 so they can decide for them self which one they like the most.

again thank you Thumper! :thumbsup:

Edited by swartsz

nice that you got the laser working, now for the flashlight :shifty:

is there a way? :wacko:

We could only wish. There aren't any dynamic lights in GR, with the exception of those found on vehicles. It is too bad that RSE didn't give us more options when it came to stuff like that. In some respects, I wish that they'd given us the opportunity to have more equipment, because no there is so much more that's applicable in a combat environment.

I can tell you how he did them:  It was just a very long, very thin cylinder, placed at the end of the laser unit, and mapped with a semi-transparent texture.  It didn't really do anything, and couldn't be turned on and off.

i was thinking about something like that myself but i don't think it would look that good in GR.

No, it didn't look very good. But it was innovative, which is what =DRAG= was all about.

Actually, I thought it looked fantastic, the problem was the issues that came with it. Didn't the beam just fire on through walls and doors or something?

We could only wish. There aren't any dynamic lights in GR, with the exception of those found on vehicles.

Bearing in mind I do not know what I am talking about, but is there anyway the routine for Searchlights could be used? They can be "switched off" by shooting them out....

I don't know if you've already been doing this, Swartsz, but please include grenades with the kits. I love the models, but I like grenades better.

first of all, a very good morning to everybody.

snared, don't worry, you will be able to throw some grenades, lay down some claymores and fire rockets!

also working on a flashlight but it is very hard to find some pictures for texturing and i like the idea about using the lights of a vehicle for the flashlight but would it really work?

I don't know if you've already been doing this, Swartsz, but please include grenades with the kits.  I love the models, but I like grenades better.

first of all, a very good morning to everybody.

snared, don't worry, you will be able to throw some grenades, lay down some claymores and fire rockets!

also working on a flashlight but it is very hard to find some pictures for texturing and i like the idea about using the lights of a vehicle for the flashlight but would it really work?

No, it won't work. The came doesn't know to look for that helper point on a weapon.

and here it is! :D

mpfl.jpg

mpfl2.jpg

changed the flashlight a little bit, so now it is a bit bigger as in the first picture in this post, the second one still shows the smaller flashlight but you get the idea! :rocky:

any feedback on the flashlight?

Edited by swartsz

We could only wish.  There aren't any dynamic lights in GR, with the exception of those found on vehicles.

Bearing in mind I do not know what I am talking about, but is there anyway the routine for Searchlights could be used? They can be "switched off" by shooting them out....

Probably... maybe not, depending on if the searchlight (it may be) a dynamic object, like the book in Island Thunder, get close to it, it dissapears. But if it worked.... But the only question is if it did work, would you see it in first person?

And staying on topic, yes swartz, it's good... There's the slight issue of size (looks like the SureFire I got) but then again, there's so many tactical lights in every variety, it shouldn't matter.

I meant that some people might say it's "not the right size" or whatnot, but personally I think it's perfect for the weapon. It's not too big to be unwieldly, and not too small to not be worth mounting. And you mounted it in a good spot, so I'd keep it if I were you. Besides, I'll download the mod just for that, been looking for a good MP5SD.

here is some more MP5 candy, i took the 2 latest mp5 models and combined them together to make a new one. a MP5 with flashlight and laser. got a bit lazy :D

mpflsr.jpg

also have a little annoucment to make, this MP5 probably is the last model for the Silent Warrior 3 mod, from now on i am going to concentrate on making the necessary kit files for SP and MP plus the kit icons. after that is done i will package the mod and release it after i send it to some people to beta-test it.

so you can expect a release in a couple of weeks!

Edited by swartsz