First weapon model

swartsz

@EricJ, could you post or send me a screenshot of the problem you are talking about in your last post, have played it myself extensively and never had problems with the barrel end.

@EricJ, had a look myself, the barrelend may be a bit dark, but it has a black hole in it, take it out of the shadow and please have another look :D

@Thumper1518, thank you very much, going out in a couple of minutes, will have a look later today, will contact you!

@ EricJ, i am pretty sure it is there :D

but the main reason why i am posting this is because i need some help. i have pretty much figured what i want to do with my mod, but i find it very, very hard to find any decent pics to base my weapons on. i am especially looking for some m4 and laser sight pics, but haven't been able to find some 'BIG' ones. ( for textures and reference )

if there is anybody who can give me some directions, please do, i am lost at the moment. :(

Swartsz, here's a starting point for m4 pics. Some are Israeli mods, others are like pics on colt firearms page only larger. http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/m4.htm

For larger pics of different sights/scopes this page has them--click on pic and get large view on white background.

http://www.canadiantactical.ca/pictures.html

Edited by TRC

Yeah, I think that is the major problem. I put it in the BjB SabreTeams Texture/Weapons folder, and I think that's causing a problem. Looks like I'll just put it where it's supposed to be then try it.

That's one thing about modding that gets on my nerves sometimes. Too many, and sometimes you have to be real careful. But hey, ce la vie....

BTW swartz, you doing a desert version of this weapon? You know, fashion is one thing, but green camo in sand doesn't match......

Edited by EricJ

Swartsz, here's a starting point for m4 pics. Some are Israeli mods, others are like pics on colt firearms page only larger. http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/m4.htm

For larger pics of different sights/scopes this page has them--click on pic and get large view on white background.

http://www.canadiantactical.ca/pictures.html

Thanks also TRC, I've been itching to do a Holosight...

EricJ, good, love to see and play with the different models of all the creative minds in these forums.

Swartsz, your initial post has generated alot of interest. Pretty high view count for a post not even a month old.

Edited by TRC

i am working on a new model, here is a preliminary screenshot

ren1.jpg

it will feature a tactical flashlight and hopefully ( if i can make it ) a Bushnell Holo sight.

Edited by swartsz

Now that is a beauty! :wub:

If you can make that a Bushnell Holosight shouldn't be any problems at all, the hardest part would probably be finding a good sideshot of it. I had to edit the pic I found alittle before I could use it as a texture.

If you managed to find a shot straight from the side then you are lucky! I had to use the distort function in photoshop to get mine to look side on. And I just made a front & rear "window" on mine and put a texture there.