First weapon model

swartsz

@Marcinko, i am having some difficulties understanding your last post, could you try to explain it again for me, for example: what is 'gar'

@EricJ, i will be adding the endcaps, the scope is still a work in progress! :D

Edited by swartsz

That would be a typo, *grab*, using edit mesh, select verticies, and then, turn your model so that u see the front of the barrel, then there should be a point in the middle, click it, then drag it back into the barrel using select and move option. Then create another cylinder, and make the diameter the same size as the flash suppresor on ur gun, put the cylider a little ways back into the barrel, maybe 1/2 and inch or so, from the front of the barrel. then i texture it black, u can whatever u want. follow?

>@Marcinko, i am having some difficulties understanding your last post, could >you try to explain it again for me, for example: what is 'gar'

>@EricJ, i will be adding the endcaps, the scope is still a work in progress! :D

Hehe, not trying to rush you, just that I usually finish a model within a few hours (depending of course on the complexity), but then add stuff as I go along, so no bother...

just wanted to let you know, work on my first model has finished and i have sent it to Stalker_Zero for the GRCM.

tnx for all the help you guys gave me and i will be back to bother you again with my second model. :D

here is a pic of the model with the texture.

render3.jpg

polycount is 1284, without optimizing

all i really need is a good pic of a silencer for texturing, is there anybody who can help me?

Edited by swartsz

here is another pic with the new silencer texture, but i am not really happy with the way the silencer looks, maybe some of you can give me any tips on how to improve the look of the silencer?

render4.jpg

yeah man... the silencer is WAY outta proportion. u need to put it way farther forward. go check out

my post about my M4. goto the last reply with pictures. they will have the finished pictures. my goal on the gun was to make it as accurate as possible. there are many shots so u should be able to get a feel for every angle u can think of. good luck. my textures arent that great but the model is in almost perfect proportion.

Edited by l-li†m/-\n

tnx Hitman, read your post very carefully and looked at all the pictures, also had a good look at Piccolo's replies, he sure knows a lot about his guns!!

will take care of the silencer, tnx again :D

made some very quick changes to the barrel and the silencer, hope this is better?

render5.jpg

but i do have one question, that little indentation ( hope i spelled it correctly ) in the barrel, why is it there and what is it for?