First weapon model

swartsz

Looks very nice, must have taken ages to unwrap.

actually, it didn't! just a couple of hours for the final unwrap. but you do not want to know how many times i had to start over because i did something wrong.

Looks absolutely awesome Swartz!

Did you do the textures yourself aswell?

yes, the texture is my work!

the longer way of morphing and detatching faces is a pain.

it sure is....... :devil: i wish i never heard of that method, kept annoying me for weeks.

that looks great.

not to be rude though, but the handle doesnt look as good as the rest of the gun. although i am sure its difficult and i know i couldn't do it. i'm just sayin from the looks of the rest of the gun, it seems like u could do better.

that looks great.

not to be rude though, but the handle doesnt look as good as the rest of the gun. although i am sure its difficult and i know i couldn't do it. i'm just sayin from the looks of the rest of the gun, it seems like u could do better.

well, you kinda have to look at this texture as a big learning process for me and the grip is one of those things i am still learning how to make. This grip is the first i made that i actually like, but i am always looking to improve things so i find a way to make a better one, i will.

swartsz, first off i didnt mean to offend or insult.

second, with that image that you would like to accomplish, and what u rendered, look diffrent to me because the refrence pic has more of a cubed pattern and ur rendered pattern looks more random while the other is organized and precise.

you weren't offending or insulting me at all, you made a good point. I just pointed out that i am still learning this skinning thing and there are still some things i need to learn.

yes the grip on the model is very different from the one i would like to have on the model but that is just because i can't figure out how to make that kind of grip.......yet!

:D