First weapon model

swartsz

Looks very clean, but you can only really tell with a wireframe......hint ;)

well...i can tell you it is not as clean as it may look, but i haven't optimized or cleaned anything yet.

but here it is:

wire19.jpg

Edited by swartsz

I don't see a difference?

if that is the case, then it is getting close to perfection. but like the render says it is still a work in progress, lost like 700 polies so far on the low-poly model and i think i can loose more. but the aim is to get them to look very similar but with a very different polycount.

@Sup, the font i used is BankGothic Md BT

looking very good. loosing 700 pollys is impressive.

also. when you started this did you ever think you'd see the day when that first little post became a 100 page uber-thread?

no i didn't! i was not even sure i could the thread running for one week and now we are almost 2 years, 1 Forum Award, 4 mods, 100 pages and over 45.000 views later.

Time flies when you are having fun! :D and lets hope the future will be as good as these 2 years have been.

Edited by swartsz

looking very good. loosing 700 pollys is impressive.

also. when you started this did you ever think you'd see the day when that first little post became a 100 page uber-thread?

no i didn't! i was not even sure i could the thread running for one week and now we are almost 2 years, 1 Forum Award, 4 mods, 100 pages and over 45.000 views later.

Time flies when you are having fun! :D and lets hope the future will be as good as these 2 years have been.

i'll drink to that. cheers :thumbsup:

In honor of page 100, how about you repost those first few images, Swartz?

There are still some of the first pictures in this thread, but a lot had to be removed to free up webspace.

But i have something else to celebrate this thread reaching 100 pages, here is a render of my first and my latest:

100p.jpg

also a lot of fun to see to many downloads my mods got on fileplanet, i remember the days when i used to watch the downloads going up with Silent Warrior 1 all day.. :D

Silent Warrior 1: 1098 downloads

Silent Warrior 2: 2891

Silent Warrior 3: 6065, not counting the downloads on ghostrangers.com

too bad the mini-mod didnt do too well, but that was to be expected with other, better mods released at the same time

Swartsz-mini-mod: 454

:rambo:

Edited by swartsz

looks very clean.

a question though: why the checker texture? is this so you know where stuff is when you go to texture? Is the bottom one what UWV unwrapping looks like in MAX? :wacko:

i use the checker material to check for any major stretching on the model, if so i can go back and correct it before it is too late aka textured.

The colors is an option you get with the Texporter plugin, Texporter is a plugin for Max i use to export the UWV map as a image, you can also choose to use only lines or colors like i have done.

here is a little tut on how to use the texporter plugin i made a while back for the Recon section of gr.net: http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/texporter.htm