First weapon model

swartsz

In my quest to make the best models for the new mod 'Cry Havoc' i went back and had another close look at my m4 models. And while fooling around in Max this weekend i came up with another, yes another, model for the m4. The new ones don't only look a lot better, they also have a lower polycount, which i think is always a good thing!

so i present to you: my new m4 models!

newm4ren1.jpg

Edited by swartsz

Great work swartzs as always :thumbsup:

I wonder what will Chems say about it :lol::whistle:

well, Chems made a point about the number of m4 models currently on this forum, but i didn't make them to bug Chems. ;)

I had another look at the m4 models because i wasn't 100% satisfied with them, so decided to have another go at them.

call me a perfectionist, but i want to release the best models i can make and i think Chems will agree with that! :D

What are "bump maps" and how do you use them?

Nice models Swartz, that AK looks great -- the texture is very nice!

Bump maps are black and white images used like an 'overlay' over the texture and can affect surface of the model very slightly. So you can make a surface look like sandpaper, or canvas.

Games will be out very soon that allow different sorts of maps, and it will make everything look unbelievably good, because clothing will have a very soft textured look, metal will be smooth and reflect more light, etc. The HL2/Doom3 era of games will all allow this.

Great work swartzs as always  :thumbsup:

I wonder what will Chems say about it  :lol:  :whistle:

well, Chems made a point about the number of m4 models currently on this forum, but i didn't make them to bug Chems. ;)

I had another look at the m4 models because i wasn't 100% satisfied with them, so decided to have another go at them.

call me a perfectionist, but i want to release the best models i can make and i think Chems will agree with that! :D

I let master pieces like that off, and Swartz is allowing me to do something with him at the mo so im in no postion to argue :(

Nice models indeed! :thumbsup:

Nice models Swartz, that AK looks great -- the texture is very nice!

thank you, Earl. but i can't take credit for the texture, it was made by King Cobra6.

and thank you for explaining what bump maps are, much clearer than my attempt at explaining what they are!

That sounds kinky Chems!!

Argyll, you have a twisted mind! :D;):P