Strange in-game lockup

Last night a friend and I were playing on a private two-person game. We were finishing up the map and heading back to the departure point when all of a sudden my screen froze while making a mild pan to check my six. SStrange thing was that my friend so no problem with my character, and I could move, change stance, weapons, shoot, etc., but my video just locked. Even when my friend terminated the session he went back to the lobby and not I.

I am using a PNY Geforce 7600GS 256 PCIe. Not sure if it was the video card that locked up as I was able to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get back to the desktop and terminate the game. Anyone else experience something along these lines? Not sure if this should be in this chatroom or another.

The card should be ok but what about the rest of your system spec's?

P4 3GHz on Abit AA8 motherboard with 1GB of Corsair XMSpro DDR2 533 RAM

This was a PC meant for decoding and playing HD video under h.264 and WMV-HD and not for gaming. Its at least 18-months old.

SStrange thing was that my friend so no problem with my character, and I could move, change stance, weapons, shoot, etc., but my video just locked.

This might help...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33371

NVIDIA, Intel P4, 1Gig RAM, :hmm: Do you happen to use Norton AV/IS?

Not sure if this should be in this chatroom or another.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=133