Hotel.

Hello Everyone,

System

P43.0ghz

p4ps800D-E Delux AGP

2 gig dual channel 3200 RAM

7800GS oc to 498x1430

80 WD SATA hd

My problem consists of one major thing and that is system lock up. I will be playing the game and all of the sudden my system locks. I cannot Ctrl-alt-del or anything. I have to manual reboot. I tried downclocking my graphics card and that does not help. I installed new drivers and that does not help.

ANY IDEAS?

check the temp in the case, the airflow and or safety features on mobo like shut down on temp (cpu-mb-grafics etc.)

my gpu gets real hot, blows the air straight to my memory sticks, when i first build the thing i did not know the safety temperature on the memory (still don't know exactly) but i noticed when it got too hot the thing just froze or rebooted mid game

just check it, if it is not temp related you at least got a good look at it ....

Hello Everyone,

System

P43.0ghz

p4ps800D-E Delux AGP

2 gig dual channel 3200 RAM

7800GS oc to 498x1430

80 WD SATA hd

My problem consists of one major thing and that is system lock up. I will be playing the game and all of the sudden my system locks. I cannot Ctrl-alt-del or anything. I have to manual reboot. I tried downclocking my graphics card and that does not help. I installed new drivers and that does not help.

ANY IDEAS?

Run the asus pcprobe (if not installed install it durnig off your asus cd) '

Go into graw and note the temp. (alt tab out and check it... )

if it's above 60C you have a problem. since graw taxes the cpu i will get close to 60C with my prescott. if you hit 60-70C it will lock up to cool itself off.