Ghost Recon.net Forums

Does anyone know if it's possible to mod xml files so that the ghosts will crouch more around cover points ? Ive noticed that the Trees that are planted in concrete bases would make it an ideal place for the ghosts to crouch and cover areas, but they seem to stand all the time making them a larger tartget area.

Regards.

It's quite simple really. Find the xml for the unit you want to edit and replace inside the cover tag all "stand" and "stand_high" with "crouch"

I understand that this will be quite impossible to do with the houses since you have no reference to what it is you are changing, but on most props it will be relatively simple.

Thanks GRiN Bumbi and Jason, I'll give it a go and see what i can do with a bit of editing, I'm not saying the AI is bad, far from it, but it would make sense for the Ghost team to make themselves a smaller target where possible.

P.s. are you talking about modifying Jasons Mod Bumbi?? or can you tell me where the files are in the original game so i can take a look.

Edited by PONDLIFE

Thanks GRiN Bumbi and Jason, I'll give it a go and see what i can do with a bit of editing, I'm not saying the AI is bad, far from it, but it would make sense for the Ghost team to make themselves a smaller target where possible.

P.s. are you talking about modifying Jasons Mod Bumbi?? or can you tell me where the files are in the original game so i can take a look.

They are all over the place in data/objects/

try changing plants/street_tree_01-04/street_tree_01-04.xml

>covers unit_name="street_tree_01">

<cover name="alpha" type="static">

<cp_group angle="10.0" corner="double" height="stand_high" name="a" number="4" width="500.0"/>

</cover>

</covers>

Do I have to decompile graw itself Bumbi? all i have in data folder is movies, settings, sound and texture folders. Sorry to be pain in @rse but for me it gets GRAW one step closer to perfect if i can sort this out!

Regards.

Do I have to decompile graw itself Bumbi? all i have in data folder is movies, settings, sound and texture folders. Sorry to be pain in @rse but for me it gets GRAW one step closer to perfect if i can sort this out!

Regards.

Np. There are much worse cases of pain :whistle:

Yes, you must decompile it. :)

Thanks insane snyper, thats helped clear up a lot and got me pointed in the right direction....now all i need is some spare time and I'll have a go to see what i can do!

P.s. does anyone know what grin changed in patch 1.30 that stops Jasons Mod from working?