New OGR Map

RavenousNC

add me to xfire and i will help you. I think I have it fixed, but havent gotten around to having someone run the server.

I'm outta town right now, so no access to the PC with GRAW and X-Fire. Will be home tomorrow afternoon and will do the X-Fire thing then. Do you use the voice chat on there too? I also have Teamspeak.

Thanks for the help. We'll all benefit from it.

Rav :zorro:

I'm still surprised you took so much offense to what I said... its not offensive at all. Problems with you, not me bud.

Ducky said hes gonna help you, so you'll get your error list.

Jason, one could take your comment on the "pile of scripting errors" as Rav did. You are sometimes a bit rough around the edges. Ease up both of you and we all can go back to help each other do great maps.

And Jason, I realy hope you will give my map a critical revue when it's finaly released. If I never learn what I do wrong I will never improve.

Cheers mates!

Closed Casket v1.0 Feedback

First of all Rav, everyone in my group that played on your map loved it. We didn't experience any crashes, plus we're running the GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.5 on the server. The only things that we found so far seemed to be more Map Editor type issues (construction wise).

When you visited our server on Friday night, I told you we don't use respawns and the server is always set on Hard. With that said, a team that doesn't have respawns will look for paths less traveled to flank around hot areas. We found black holes in the map North East of the insertion zone (Large Tactical Map with grids would help to give better location detail, GRIN 0:) ) . North West of the insertion, some of the roads, trees, and buildings are floating. When we took these "paths less traveled", it also seemed as if we didn’t trigger the tangos. In some areas we all seemed to bump into an invisible wall that blocks only once. For example there is an invisible wall at the newspaper stand North West of the insertion area. When we tried to walk behind the newspaper stand to go West (towards the corner café), we all bumped into one of those walls that only blocked once. For the most part, it seemed to be best to stay within the brighter areas of the map display (from the mini map).

The Map Editor obviously needs some extra controls and or detailed instructions. It should somehow tell the user that some buildings are floating and that “invisible walls are set or not setâ€. We all look forward to your next map or updated Closed Casket. :thumbsup:

silent_op

Thanks for the feedback silent_op. a hole is two for getting by on the map were intentional, but I hope they weren't too open that it made it easy.

If any of you have FRAPS could take some screen shots of the floaters? This would help me find where I went wrong on placing objects. You can send them to RavenousNC at nc.rr.com

The darn invisible wall thing is a pain. I purposly placed stoppers to keep people from going into areas that I didn't want them too, but once these are in place you can't select them again without going into the script and yanking them. Then you gotta place them all over again.

Thanks again. Gotta bolt for now.

yeah i liked the map too... it was alot of fun. As I stated I did compliment it. As soon as it loaded i already knew it had the best appearance of any home-made map.

the placement and trigger areas of the AI was good too, they run around you and if you respawn they are right there.

LOL Hazzard... hell if you think the phrase "pile of scripting errors" is offensive I can think of a lot of other phrases that'll make you crawl into a whole. Look back at that in hindsight... its a bit hyper sensitive.

I'm actually taking a break from GRAW PC other than map testing right now... I got hi def cables for my XBOX and I got GRAW'x XBOX version and am playing that right now. Its not bad at all. Now all I have to do is play the 360 version and I've played the whole lot !

i found a error on your map. Is a collition error u can pass trought there on the street at north behind a green car.

Yeah, I had onw at the semi trailer near the spawn point. Seems the addition of the trailer opened a hole.

Here is a possible fix for the so called "helper" prop. Instead of using the helper, maybe use a wall socket reversed. People can see through it, but can't walk past it. Also, you can get controll of it again if needed.

JasonFMX - I noticed your original comment about the map, and I appreciate it. Shoot, after our words back and forth I appreciate it more. :)

Guess there will need to be a version 1.1 soon. At least these are minor.

Just got home but gotta finish a freelance project. Hope to be shooting up things in a few hours.

Edited by RavenousNC

I had a chance to play it and enjoyed it quit a bit. The triggers seem setup well, but like a post above... when you take the road less traveled I find you can get pretty far.

One thing I found a little frustrating was when you go east (I think it's east) out of the start zone there are roads and door ways but you can not use them as cover. This would be the right side of the road... just felt a little enclosed then there is more room on the map to go further..

Other then that it was a pretty sweet ride... nice job and keep up the hard work.. it is appreciated by many..

WOW man I'm so glad that finaly a huge tactic map as arrive with an amazing fps...the only way to crash is to go on extremity of map...some acces has to be blocked.Great job! :thumbsup:

You can try it on my server F.O.A.D(hardcore level only)4 players!

Great map!

The AI placement is inspirational, nothing like running out of the spawn into a lorry full of tango's to get the adreniln flowing! :o

Only comment I have and this is probably specific to me somehow, is that since i installed the map I get crashes and lock -ups. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

My spec isn't brilliant:

Gigabyte GA-7VAX mobo

Sempron 2500

1 gig PC2700

BFG 7600GS 512mb

My normal frame rate is between 25 and 40 but I don't see a noticeable drop on this map it just doesn't seem to want to run without crashing for me?

Great map!

The AI placement is inspirational, nothing like running out of the spawn into a lorry full of tango's to get the adreniln flowing! :o

Only comment I have and this is probably specific to me somehow, is that since i installed the map I get crashes and lock -ups. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

My spec isn't brilliant:

Gigabyte GA-7VAX mobo

Sempron 2500

1 gig PC2700

BFG 7600GS 512mb

My normal frame rate is between 25 and 40 but I don't see a noticeable drop on this map it just doesn't seem to want to run without crashing for me?

So far the crashes, to my knowledge, have been occuring on machines with some mods running.

Some issues have come up though, and a new version of the map will be released very soon.

Great map!

My spec isn't brilliant:

Gigabyte GA-7VAX mobo

Sempron 2500

1 gig PC2700

BFG 7600GS 512mb

So far the crashes, to my knowledge, have been occuring on machines with some mods running.

Some issues have come up though, and a new version of the map will be released very soon.

I have no mods running so that isn't a factor for me.

One of my clan had the same issues last night, he says he was crashing more than he was playing. It was his second night on the map. If it's of any use the first night was playing co-op and it ran faultless, last night was HH but again maybe coincidental?

Anyway, stunning map and looking forward to the latest version and hopefully a bit more stability. :thumbsup:

One of my clan had the same issues last night, he says he was crashing more than he was playing. It was his second night on the map. If it's of any use the first night was playing co-op and it ran faultless, last night was HH but again maybe coincidental?

Anyway, stunning map and looking forward to the latest version and hopefully a bit more stability. :thumbsup:

This map is [GR] only, so how you would get it to play Hambuger HIll is beyond me. <_<

Edited by RavenousNC

This map is [GR] only, so how you would get it to play Hambuger HIll is beyond me. <_<

Probably confusion on my part then. When I played the map on saturday it was co-op and ran okay until crashing.

Yesterday I was server hopping, getting in various games of domination, siege, HH etc however, the crashes and lockups were almost continuous.

My clan m8's comment was that when playing last night he had begun dropping with the same alarming frequency. When we were both on the server we were in HH mode and I assumed his comment related to your map also, obviously not. I only managed 4 maps, none of which were yours before I had a "catastrophic crash".

As I said it could all be coincidental with the loading of your map and other factors maybe to blame.

I guess the test will be with your revised version and if I crash as much. If I don't there could be a link, if it's still the same then I guess it's not your map.

Either way, from what I've seen it's one of the best maps out there, excellent work!