GRIN beta testing

Quick REPORT:

.....Connection to the server time has been improved. Like, half of the normal time.

GL 10 mts bug still crash the client....

Confirmed. M8 GL @ approx 10 meters = crash to desktop on GRIN test server 2 (HH Com Station map)

Edited by ToW-Papa

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

We have continued to work hard trying to identify and fix the bugs you have helped us find during the last month. The latest fixes now needs to be tested in an open and demanding environment. Therefore we have set up a test server for you guys to play on. Have fun! Who knows, we just might pop in ... :ph34r:

All you need to do is start up your copy of GRAW, look up the server and join. You don't need to get any special files.

Server name is "GRIN test server", mode is TDM.

Thanks!

interesting.. so i take it the fixes were server sided... Do you have one for each game mode so we can test each of them? I will be in to test tonight after work... going to have to do a lot of short range nading lol... and we need everyone to max the server out for the disconnect anticheat bug.

set the server to hollow to test it throughly... all weapons available.

Besides disconnect and GL... can you tell us what other bugs are susposed to be fixed so we can run through and check each of them?

Great points ROCOAFZ - what is the point of testing when you don't know what you're supposed to be testing for? :wacko:

That is just a prime example of the pitiful amount of thought that goes into a Grin post before any announcement.

I mean, GRIN_jessejames? (who has only posted 14 posts) is asking anyone to do "some testing"? :blink:

It gives me the impression that Grin is just a collection of have-a-go coders who are now independently tinkering with a badly broken product with out any coordinated effort which warrants an offical test or statement of intent :angry:

I cannot get into GRIN Test Server 2, cannot even see GRIN Test Server.

All I get is "waiting for server" - evetually I have to esc - cannot wait forever.

I suggest GRIN start up a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server so they can gain real time feedback from the community. As well as have some fun of course.

Made it in for a few rounds this morning before work ...First impressions were very favorable. Game ran very well ,smooth,no disconnects and no lag which was suprising concidering my ping was in the 220 range (Normal for me living in the Northwest USA to Euro servers) ...Will be back after work

First off, I need to clearify; This is not the official un-official beta testing. This is an open-for-all stress test of the server (thus all the changes are server-side and you don't need to update any files to participate). This also means that no other fixes can be tested now. That have to wait until we release a beta version of the next patch.

The problems with the version check should be solved. Very sorry about that.

Please note that the server is slow which is needed to stress the game, hang on during the loading times.

We might put up a second, faster server later.

Great points ROCOAFZ - what is the point of testing when you don't know what you're supposed to be testing for? :wacko:

That is just a prime example of the pitiful amount of thought that goes into a Grin post before any announcement.

I mean, GRIN_jessejames? (who has only posted 14 posts) is asking anyone to do "some testing"? :blink:

It gives me the impression that Grin is just a collection of have-a-go coders who are now independently tinkering with a badly broken product with out any coordinated effort which warrants an offical test or statement of intent :angry:

Oliver, I think your post is uncalled for. Why do you find it necessary to attack someone just because he only has 14 posts?

JesseJames made it clear in his clarification post that this beta test is a server stress test. All they wanted was for people to join the server to test stress levels. A listing of fixed bugs isn't needed.

First off, I need to clearify; This is not the official un-official beta testing. This is an open-for-all stress test of the server (thus all the changes are server-side and you don't need to update any files to participate). This also means that no other fixes can be tested now. That have to wait until we release a beta version of the next patch.

Please note that the server is slow which is needed to stress the game, hang on during the loading times.

Oliver, I think your post is uncalled for. Why do you find it necessary to attack someone just because he only has 14 posts?

JesseJames made it clear in his clarification post that this beta test is a server stress test. All they wanted was for people to join the server to test stress levels. A listing of fixed bugs isn't needed.

Althought Oliver put it very rudely my point was valid. We know some of the bugs but i thought it may be better to have a list so we can stress the server on each and every bug to make sure every angle of it was resolved.

And Oliver... Grin has been very receptive and made ever possible try to appease us... in fact i'm betting half the bugs were caused by things we wanted added in the game even though Grin stated it would be hard to implement.

Heck the whole GL bug thing was probably because of something you wanted LOL!

Edited by ROCOAFZ

What makes people think that a stress test of a server will fix anything with weapon bugs etc?

Sometimes I think posters on this forum is just a collection of have-a-go posters. That is just a prime example of the pitiful amount of thought that goes into a post. ;)

I'll try and get in there sometime today/tonite. Good to see GRIN is still trying to make the game more enjoyable.

What makes people think that a stress test of a server will fix anything with weapon bugs etc?

Sometimes I think posters on this forum is just a collection of have-a-go posters. That is just a prime example of the pitiful amount of thought that goes into a post. ;)

They stated this isn't for testing and finding bugs. Merely a way to stress the game and servers to find the weak points that have been causing the disconnects.

Mostly it was this first post that made me think there were bugs fixed

We have continued to work hard trying to identify and fix the bugs you have helped us find during the last month. The latest fixes now needs to be tested in an open and demanding environment. Therefore we have set up a test server for you guys to play on. Have fun! Who knows, we just might pop in ...

It doesn`t mention there that it is just a stress test and points towards bugs being fixed.

i have played on the test server 2 HH for most of the night (about 2 1/2 hours) with no crashes by me or any of my team so maybe it`s ok.. Mind i don`t crash much anyway.

Edited by BPR_MiK

At the risk of sounding -again- like a "have-a-go-poster" ( :- ), I played through four map cycles with at least 12 players on GRIN test server 2. No disconnects and a respectable ping (150 from Georgia, USA to wherever Grin is in Europe).

At the risk of sounding -again- like a "have-a-go-poster" ( :- ), I played through four map cycles with at least 12 players on GRIN test server 2. No disconnects and a respectable ping (150 from Georgia, USA to wherever Grin is in Europe).

Cool, I was mostly interested in snipping quotes from Oliver's post and wrest the words the other way. :zorro:

Firing close GL (at least Scar H) still crashes my client straight to desktop.

(not sure if that was supposed to be fixed or not as there is no info about fixes)

Is this just a A/C filechecker fix (to prevent kicks in between maps) or?

I wish the "ignore" feature of the forum options would screen quoted posts as well as the original.

On topic now, I sincerely hope the un-official beta-testing goes well. Good luck, all, including GRIN.

You spent all that energy on cavetching and attacking, did you even try to help and test?

Dang you are one annoying dude. Like others on this forum adding you to my ignore list.

You are one useless and cranky fella LOL

(not sure if that was supposed to be fixed or not as there is no info about fixes)

I got the same results. I did have to adjust my range to target to find the "CTD zone" but it was certainly there.

Just to end further confusion: any and all fixes that we are testing/stressing are purely server side, and as we have not provided anyone with new files (for example files that would fix the client side GL crash) you will still experience local issues similar to the ones in 1.30.

I got the same results. I did have to adjust my range to target to find the "CTD zone" but it was certainly there.

The GL bug wasn't supposed to be fixed with these server-side fixes.

Take MAX deaths off and surely that will stress it more. As soon as the game starts and someone gets killed with 1 death limit it just gets less stressful or am I being a bit blonde?

That's a valid point!

But this time its about stressing connections. Even if you are dead you are still connected, thus you still help =)