GRIN beta testing

Hi guys,

We have continued to work hard trying to identify and fix the bugs you have helped us find during the last month. The latest fixes now needs to be tested in an open and demanding environment. Therefore we have set up a test server for you guys to play on. Have fun! Who knows, we just might pop in ... :ph34r:

All you need to do is start up your copy of GRAW, look up the server and join. You don't need to get any special files.

Server name is "GRIN test server", mode is TDM.

Thanks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting.. so i take it the fixes were server sided... Do you have one for each game mode so we can test each of them? I will be in to test tonight after work... going to have to do a lot of short range nading lol... and we need everyone to max the server out for the disconnect anticheat bug.

set the server to hollow to test it throughly... all weapons available.

Besides disconnect and GL... can you tell us what other bugs are susposed to be fixed so we can run through and check each of them?

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I'm in. Seems to be running smoothly with 6 to 7 ppl in.

Definately need more people in though

Verify the anticheat is on... and GL walls at close range (less then 10 meters) if you it kicks you it's still bugged.

If it's up after work tonight i'll come in and test it.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I cannot join. It tells me "Incorrect version. ((no version.)"

Same with me

First off, I need to clearify; This is not the official un-official beta testing. This is an open-for-all stress test of the server (thus all the changes are server-side and you don't need to update any files to participate). This also means that no other fixes can be tested now. That have to wait until we release a beta version of the next patch.

The problems with the version check should be solved. Very sorry about that.

Please note that the server is slow which is needed to stress the game, hang on during the loading times.

We might put up a second, faster server later.

I cannot join. It tells me "Incorrect version. ((no version.)"

Same with me

First off, I need to clearify; This is not the official un-official beta testing. This is an open-for-all stress test of the server (thus all the changes are server-side and you don't need to update any files to participate). This also means that no other fixes can be tested now. That have to wait until we release a beta version of the next patch.

The problems with the version check should be solved. Very sorry about that.

Please note that the server is slow which is needed to stress the game, hang on during the loading times.

We might put up a second, faster server later.

Good, that is what's needed ... worst case scenerios.

Yup server 1 did, went to server 2 shot off some GL's got a CTD.

No beta to sign up for. It's just a stress test of the server so everyone who is updated to 1.30 and NOT running any mods should be able to get in.

Hope we have better luck than we did last time we tried to fill up a server. :D

No beta to sign up for. It's just a stress test of the server so everyone who is updated to 1.30 and NOT running any mods should be able to get in.

Not this server but...

;)

Quick REPORT:

Connection to the server time has been improved. Like, half of the normal time.

GL 10 mts bug still crash the client.

I don't know if this is a bug, but, when i select rdy, it took like 2 to 3 seconds to respawn. I thought thats normal when too many people is respawing, but i was alone, soo, i have no idea why is that.

Yup server 1 did, went to server 2 shot off some GL's got a CTD.

Hope we have better luck than we did last time we tried to fill up a server. :D

I will be on tonight to test. Glad you guys saw the GL bug early. It REALLY needs fixed.