sigs by ronin

the.ronin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the compliments on the movie you guys ... now that i got all my skins done, ill be making longer, more elaborate ones (unfortunately, the file sizes are most likely to increase too).

necron, flash mx rocks. at first, it seems like a lot of frivolous eye candy (ala windows xp) but you begin to notice how much they streamlined a lot of stuff. for starters, moving things between the mx suite (dreamweaver, fireworks and flash) is about as seamless as it can get. theres also some extremely powerful action scripting introduced in mx -- video clip control, better management of real time events, etc. none of which i've any idea to use haha.

anyway, im back to some long delayed sig making ... sorry for the delay sarg, but i finally finished your sig (you were the next in line) -- lemme know what you think (48 kb)...

http://www.mediacoup.net/sig_sarg.swf

[&flash=400,75]http://www.mediacoup.net/sig_sarg.swf[/&flash]

without the "&"

---

jtf, please feel free to pick my brain on flash. and killa, yours is next man -- sorry for the mad procrastination. whenever i sit down to start, i convince myself that playing some gr will give me divine inspiration or something. well, four hours later... :wacko:

Edited by the.ronin

anyway, im back to some long delayed sig making ... sorry for the delay sarg, but i finally finished your sig (you were the next in line) -- lemme know what you think (48 kb)...

---

Gahhhh, Hoooo! The wait was worth it let me tell ya. It looks awesome bud, thank you so much! :D:rocky::o= You're very welcome for the compliment! It is an awesome sig thanx again. ;)

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

no worries man -- thats funny, you popped on here as soon as i posted it. must be that mental telepathy thing i got goin on. thanks for the compliment!

--------------

i just finished your sig too killa. am i on a roll or what. its quite a hefty sig though at around 62kb -- i even had to cut out some scenes so theres not as many dead tangos as we initially discussed. still, i think it turned out ok. lemme know what you think...

http://www.mediacoup.net/sig_killa.swf

[&flash=400,75]http://www.mediacoup.net/sig_killa.swf[/&flash]

without the "&"

Edited by the.ronin

necron, flash mx rocks. at first, it seems like a lot of frivolous eye candy (ala windows xp) but you begin to notice how much they streamlined a lot of stuff. for starters, moving things between the mx suite (dreamweaver, fireworks and flash) is about as seamless as it can get. theres also some extremely powerful action scripting introduced in mx -- video clip control, better management of real time events, etc. none of which i've any idea to use haha.

Ronin,

Great work on Sgt. Slaughter and KillaManila sigs. As always, WOW! :o

Haven't had much chance to play with Flash MX, so I will let you know when I start experimenting! :lol:

Ronin, what can I say...I'm at a loss for words...I'm glad the pics I sent ya worked out well...I probably stared at the new sig for about 5 min in disbelief, I've never seen better...Great job and Thanks! I know you've been busy lately and I'm sure you have many sigs to make, it means a lot to us GR.net for your time and effort... :)

hey thanks a lot for the compliments you guys! necron, just lemme know when you got any questions -- i use some actionscripting but hardly any in sigs. even the ones i do use i dont think are native to mx only and shouldnt be an issue.

haha kamikaze ... thanks. nightcrawler - can you e-mail me to remind me to make you a sig? im doing velocity's next but that might not get done for a little while another project came up.

thanks again you guys.

• 1 year later...

the old ronin sig thread revived!!! hows that for some shameless self-name recognition!! :yes:

seriously though, i wanted to revive this cos a lot of the sigs ive made still reside on my server which i plan to clean up (that is if the host doesnt realize that i havent paid rent beforehand). so please message me your email so i can send you the source .swf file otherwise your sig will forever be lost in the ether.

also, i wanted to show off my latest creation (cos it hasnt been showed off enough evidently haha) ...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/images_site/rocky_sig.swf

and if this next person i am making a sig for wasn't so ###### picky, i'd have another to show off :yes:

more soon ...

and if this next person i am making a sig for wasn't so ###### picky, i'd have another to show off :yes:

You need to tell this person not to be so picky as you are the artist and should listen to your *cough* wise *cough* advice.... :P:rolleyes:

NICE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are those random smart clips or you just looping some tween action? i prolly find some good randomized action script for you. im psyched to see someone else take the flash plunge. mx or mx2k4? sweet dude welcome to the DARK SIDE. :ph34r:

NICE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  are those random smart clips or you just looping some tween action?  i prolly find some good randomized action script for you.  im psyched to see someone else take the flash plunge.  mx or mx2k4?  sweet dude welcome to the DARK SIDE.  :ph34r:

Not sure, I haven't got the fancy jargon yet. :lol: And its MX. :rocky:

Thanks Rocky.

Bloody come round here with your fancy drawing skills making things look all pretty, making me, who knows all the programmes inside out but can't draw for cheese, look like some stupid lamery n00by. mumble grumble grrrr. :sheep:

<_<

Its not all bad, I cant add humour to my images like you. ;)